Dyndns.org option

peluca

Hi, I am wondering if Microsoft® Broadband Networking
Wireless Notebook Kit MN-820 or just the MN700 has the
dyndns option. This is the case of siemens routers for
example which can redirect for instance myname.dyndns.org
to my home network (which is an specific IP granted by my
ISP DHCP Server - dynamic IP). I want to know if
Microsoft's routers have this options.

Thanks!

Hi Peluca,

Unfortunately the MN-700 doesn't have this option.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Peluca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi, I am wondering if Microsoft® Broadband Networking
Wireless Notebook Kit MN-820 or just the MN700 has the
dyndns option. This is the case of siemens routers for
example which can redirect for instance myname.dyndns.org
to my home network (which is an specific IP granted by my
ISP DHCP Server - dynamic IP). I want to know if
Microsoft's routers have this options.

Thanks!

Are they going to add this option? My other router died
and the MN-700 was given to me as a gift. This really
affects my development. <shameless plug> I develop using
MICROSOFT SOFTWARE. Loopback would be very nice to
have....practically a necessity, well, it is a necessity.
Don't know wtf I'm going to do now. :mad: </end plug>

we know loopback is coming (but do NOT have a date). other than that, we
have no other info - but I'm guessing it is not very likely that there will
be a dyndns.org link.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist