Closed Solved

The best free antivirus 2012 for windows 8

Hello,
what the best free antivirus 2012 for windows 8
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about free antivirus 2012 windows
  1. Windows 8 comes with antivirus, you really don't need another.
  2. Best answer
    The MS Security Essentials included w/8 is decent basic anti-virus. A nice free step up from that is Avast.
  3. Just activate windows defender. It now includes antivirus.
  4. For a free antivirus I'd currently go with AVG or avast. I was running microsofts security essentials till i read about this.
    http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/307816-microsoft-security-essentials-tanks-another-antivirus-test
    For malware protection get malwarebytes
  5. johnelaw said:
    Hello,

I would suggest you to go with comodo antivirus! This will help you in protecting your computer from all kinds of internet malware attacks!
  6. AVG Free is the best free one. The included Microsoft Security Essentials is not that good but it works.
  7. I always check out this website before buying anti-virus software - www.windowsmac.com - My personal favourite is AVG because it does what it says and i like the fact that it's as unobtrusive as possible.
  8. i am using Eset smart security 5/6 ,,, and i thing dis is best antivirus dan other antivirus, u just check it out by installing ..and c if u like den keep..... other wise u can remove... :)
  9. avast! Is my favorite free antivirus.For spyware protection get malwarebytes.
  10. billiejean606 said:
    I always check out this website before buying anti-virus software - www.windowsmac.com - My personal favourite is AVG because it does what it says and i like the fact that it's as unobtrusive as possible.

Never trust the opinion of of a site that also sells the software that it recommends. Use a site that does extensive testing of software and does not have a monetary stake in certain brands such as AV-Comparatives.
  11. I would Suggest you to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free 1.51, or Of all the infections i remove they are usually running one of the "A" triplets,Avast,Avira,or AVG free editions.
  12. Also make sure you don't click on any popup ads saying you need antivirus protection. Antivirus viruses are particularly bad.
  13. sarajacy said:
    Hello johnelaw,

Windows 8 is most secure OS. you do not require any anti-virus for it...

That is to suggest that MS Security Essentials is the be all and end all of anti-virus packages. That's a position that is hard to agree with. ...I'd like to see a security comparison between Windows 8 and Mountain Lion (I'm sure there's some out there for me to locate).
  14. yup... avast is the best in the list of free anti-virus
  15. yup... avast is the best in the list of free anti-virus
  16. I'm using emsisoft antimalware 7.0.very good quality software.situated in the computer ever.I suggest using.download now:
    http://download.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup_6215743
  17. sairasie said:
    johnelaw said:
    Hello,

I would suggest you to go with comodo antivirus! This will help you in protecting your computer from all kinds of internet malware attacks!

I do agree.....COMODO
  18. Avast! Free
    Sometimes scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware and SuperAntiSpyware. All have their free versions.
  19. k1114 said:
    Windows 8 comes with antivirus, you really don't need another.

hello,my is olivia i'm very confused too my readings does windows 8 really come with installments. please reply hit me back at gramalibby@gmail.com
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Antivirus Windows 8