Problem with game clients (and servers)

Obesidia

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Hello everyone, first of all I'd like to say that I think this thread is fine here, because I'm almost 100% certain it's a problem with my router. If this DOES need moving, I apologise in advance.

Ever since I got my router set up and working (for my PS3) downloadable games don't work on my PC; World of Tanks, ROSE online, AirRivals, Bots, Puzzle Pirates, you name it. Actually, I had a network problem recently, and up to then Puzzle Pirates was working fine, but not anymore.

Whenever I download one of these games (AirRivals was the one I noticed not working first), whether it's a direct download from the site, a different site, or a torrent (from the game's site) doesn't matter. The problem is I cannot play due to a problem with a patching client or updating. Usually a message stating "Connection to the server closed" or something like that.

Before the huge network problem I had (games still didn't work then) AirRivals came with the message "Connection to the field server closed. Game has been terminated." but now, instead, says "Could not connect to Pre server."

Any ideas?

Obesidia

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Yes, I have tried this for World of Tanks, to no avail. I haven't done this for any other games, so I'll get onto that.
Is the IP address that I input for port forwarding my computer's, or the router's? I have used the IP address of the computer.

Have you tried enabling UPnP (Universal Plug N Play) in the router? There aren't many things that can effect this.

1. Windows firewall or 3rd party firewall. Make sure the game ports are accessable.
2. Router: either port forward the necessary ports or enable UPnP.
3. Antivirus software/protection suite: make sure it's not intercepting packets and discarding them.