Sign in with
Your question

Computer mini freezing?

Last response: in Windows 7
April 29, 2012 8:04:49 AM

Ok so I don't know what to call it so I didn't know where to look or where I should post this.
I have a pretty nice computer for the most part.
specs:
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
AMD phenom(tm) IIx4 820 processor 2.80GHz
8Gbs RAM
Radeon HD 5580.
I can run most games on ultra everything and they work just fine.
Recently I have been getting these strange "spikes" I don't know if they are fps spikes or what but for literally .5sec-1sec it freezes for lags I have no idea what to call it. These spikes happen at the most random of times. They don't always happen when there are high graphic situations they just happen when they want. I used a program to track resource usage and nothing funny was showing up. I don't think it is my graphic card heating because I have a large case with many fans and an exhaust. I have cleaned everything in my computer many times its dustless for the most part and this still happens. I don't have any viruses and I use a registry repair tool that fixes registry and clears many other temp files and what not. So at first I noticed it gaming and I can still play fine I just get these annoying occurances that happen randomly and they are pretty spread out. Then I noticed it happens even when Itunes is playing music and nothing else is running. When its just itunes you can tell it happens because the audio sounds all glitchy for about a second then its fine after that. I updated my vid and audio drivers thinking maybe that would help and that did nothing. I really have no idea what this problem is called or where to start looking to fix it. PLEASE HELP.

More about : computer mini freezing

July 25, 2012 11:27:31 AM

Hello. New around here, but encountering exactly the same problem with my computer. Did you get any idea or answer?

Thanks
September 27, 2013 9:00:33 PM

I've been getting this too. It's so weird because every test i do on my computer checks fine...maybe re-installing windows would help
Related resources
October 30, 2013 3:46:11 PM

I had the same problem, but a different cause and solution: power leakage.
I had placed my tower on a carpet, and the solution was placing it on isolating material. Sounds stupid, but normally a tower shouldn't be affected by being placed on carpet. But i suspect my pc is just a bit leaky (i also had front USB interference).

I had loops of these mini-freezes every second or so for ~0.1 seconds where basically all cpu activity would halt, the mouse freeze and then jump after the freeze, and the sound stutter and make terrible buzzing sounds that you get when the sound buffer isn't refreshed.
I googled for solutions for weeks, but nothing worked, until i noticed that when i lifted the tower from the floor with my knew, the freezes stopped.
I had tried everything, isolating the problem, using different power connectors, plugs, testing RAM (no errors found), exchanging RAM, unplugging hard disks and burners, pretty much everything.
Most bizarre PC problem I ever had, and i'm a computer scientist (*cough*).

I know this is an old thread, but maybe some other Googler will thank me!
October 30, 2013 4:25:25 PM

Ok try these:
1. Refresh your Experience Index.
2. Defragment your hard drive.
3. Open Cmd as Administrator and type sfc/scannow.
4. Make sure that everything is up-to-date (e.g. Windows, drivers)

If you don't know how to do some of these, I'm sure Google will know :p 
!