V600 - Any Good?

I would like to upgrade the V600. Are there any users who would like to
comment on this phone? Any problems with it?

thanks
15 answers Last reply
More about v600 good

    I don't know what Leo's issue is.

    It mainly will depend on what your motive to upgrade is.

    Personally, I just switched from Sprint to ATT and got the V600 and it is
    the best phone I have had (compared to 3 semi-feature rich Samsung flips all
    from Sprint), clarity, battery life, features, style, and ease of use. You
    can't accuratly compair the clarity of th v60 and the v600 as they work on
    different technologies, like comparing apples to oranges in my opinion, and
    the new network is only going to get better (if you are reffering to ATT).
    The v60 is an awesome phone, if all you are going to do is talk, if you want
    features it doesn't have them.... so that puts it back to you, if you want a
    bland, featurless phone for a cheap price, get the v60. If you want a nice
    easy to use phone that has features like bluetooth and camera then IMO this
    is a good phone, but high priced. If I were to do it over again I would
    still have bought this phone, but it is expensive.

    Things I took into consideration:

    Size
    Network Compatability
    Battery
    Bluetooth
    Flip Phone

    Camera wasn't really a factor to me, and w/ any feature rich phone I would
    be surprised if you actually used them all.....

    Good Luck, and I hope this was at least usefull.
    - Minium

    "geek" <pianogeek@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
    > I would like to upgrade the V600. Are there any users who would like to
    > comment on this phone? Any problems with it?
    >
    > thanks

    > I would like to upgrade the V600. Are there any users who would like to
    > comment on this phone? Any problems with it?
    >
    > thanks

    Ive had it about a week now, on orange. Only charged it 3 or 4 times,
    and i been messing around on it loads, downloading games and all that.
    Plenty of memory for downloads too, think its got 5 meg.

    Menus are really nice, camera is good, though not as good as my old
    panasonic gd87. Bluetooth works a treat, and whats more, i got a free
    bluetooth handsfree earpiece thingy with it.

    Overall, its a really slick nice phone, best one ive owned so far.
    I also have exceeded 20 sms messages without a problem.

    "Turd" <na@na.com> wrote in message
    > > I would like to upgrade the V600. Are there any users who would like to
    > > comment on this phone? Any problems with it?
    > >
    > > thanks
    >
    > Ive had it about a week now, on orange. Only charged it 3 or 4 times,
    > and i been messing around on it loads, downloading games and all that.
    > Plenty of memory for downloads too, think its got 5 meg.
    >
    > Menus are really nice, camera is good, though not as good as my old
    > panasonic gd87. Bluetooth works a treat, and whats more, i got a free
    > bluetooth handsfree earpiece thingy with it.
    >
    > Overall, its a really slick nice phone, best one ive owned so far.
    > I also have exceeded 20 sms messages without a problem.

    I have had mine a fortnight and without doubt it is the best phone I have
    ever had.

    Nice solid build quality
    Great screen
    Easy menu (if you are used to Moto's menus)
    Improved iTap text input (with predicitive word completion)
    Good selection of Polyphonic ring tones, and volume is much better than my
    old T720i.
    Cam pics which can print out at a reasonable size from a PC
    Nice fast cam and viewfinder refresh
    Easy Bluetooth which seems to be able to transfer anything either way
    to/from my PDA/PC
    You can do more with the cam pics (unlike my old T68i which had to have
    specific sized pics to be able to use them as wallpaper).
    Great battery life : I've been playing Stuntman on mine, and taking pics and
    transferring them onto my PDA by BT, and I have the BT function switched on
    all the time. I have only been charging the phone every 3rd day. So I dont
    understand the folk who claim a poor battery life for this phone - unless
    there are some duff batteries out there

    I have only two complaints:

    - the instruction manual - a number of features are not described or
    explained in the manual - but I can live with that.
    - I cant get past scene 2 of Stuntman !

    People like to knock Motorola's, but I think they are long time Nokia users
    who cannot get to grips with the Moto's menu system. To my mind there is
    nothing wrong with it, because I have had 5 motorola's over the years and it
    is very familiar. It's different to Nokia's not worse, or better.

    Put a V600 on the table alongside Nokia's first clamshell phone (7200 ?) and
    see which looks better. The Moto wins hands down. The Nokia looks like two
    phones sat on top of each other !

    The new Sharp is said to have a better camera, but I have read that its
    Bluetooth can only be used with headsets, not for file transfer. If that's
    correct, its a major shortcoming over the V600 (imo).

    The Panasonic X70 is probably the only phone which comes close to the V600.

    Lofty

    > Battery life is abysmal. It's not much better than the first phone I
    > had 10 years ago - you have to charge it up pretty much every night.
    > Mine's on Orange, other networks might get better battery life?

    From what I understand, the specs give the v600 390 minutes of talk
    time--that's over 6 hours. My v400 has a similar batter life rating, and
    from use, I know the specs are accurate. Compared to the phones my friends
    use, which have ~190 minutes max talk time, the v400 and motorolas are
    angels.

    Elliott C. Bäck
    Junior, Computer Science & Premedicine
    Production Assistant, Academic Technologies
    Applications Programmer, Olin Library

    "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > stored
    > > > >

    > Battery life is abysmal. It's not much better than the first phone I
    > had 10 years ago - you have to charge it up pretty much every night.

    Mine is on Orange also and charge it once a week , pull down emails around 4
    times an hour between 0800-1700 and text about 20/day 10mins of calls per
    day.

    > Mine is on Orange also and charge it once a week , pull down emails around
    4
    > times an hour between 0800-1700 and text about 20/day 10mins of calls per
    > day.

    Mine's on O2

    10-20 mins of calls a day, 6 or so texts, I dont use e-mails, but I do keep
    Bluetooth on all the time, and use the camera a few times a day.

    Mine only needs charging every 4-5 days.

    If a V600 needs charging every evening under normal usage, then there must
    be something wrong with the battery or the charger.

    "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    <<snip>>

    > Battery life is abysmal. It's not much better than the first phone I
    > had 10 years ago - you have to charge it up pretty much every night.
    > Mine's on Orange, other networks might get better battery life?

    Do you have the Battery Save feature turned off? If not, you must be using
    the phone a lot, or there is a fault.
    My battery lasts over a week on standby and light use.

    "Avanti" <martin.collins@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > messages
    > > > stored
    > > > > >

    > > Battery life is abysmal. It's not much better than the first phone I
    > > had 10 years ago - you have to charge it up pretty much every night.
    >
    > Mine is on Orange also and charge it once a week , pull down emails around
    4
    > times an hour between 0800-1700 and text about 20/day 10mins of calls per
    > day.

    I'm with Avanti on this one.

    Easily get between 3-5 days standby on my V600 - possible faulty handset if
    needing a daily charge on average usage.

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family.

    ---
    This message is certified Virus Free.

    "Jim" <no-one@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:40e44b88_5@127.0.0.1...
    > "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > <<snip>>
    > >
    > > Battery life is abysmal. It's not much better than the first phone I
    > > had 10 years ago - you have to charge it up pretty much every night.
    > > Mine's on Orange, other networks might get better battery life?
    >
    > Do you have the Battery Save feature turned off? If not, you must be
    using
    > the phone a lot, or there is a fault.
    > My battery lasts over a week on standby and light use.

    V300, Flashed/Flexed to V600 with batt save on used quite a bit, cam used
    often, have it hooked to pc daily to download pix and upload any games/mp3s
    I may want to try during the day. I have never had this battery die on me,
    but then again, i just plop it on the charger before I hit the sack and
    don't have to worry about it ;-)
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    "Avanti" <martin.collins@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<sYWEc.3275$tm.1478@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
    > "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > messages
    > stored
    > > > > >

    > > Battery life is abysmal. It's not much better than the first phone I
    > > had 10 years ago - you have to charge it up pretty much every night.
    >
    > Mine is on Orange also and charge it once a week , pull down emails around 4
    > times an hour between 0800-1700 and text about 20/day 10mins of calls per
    > day.

    Hmm. Perhaps there's something wrong with my phone then - my usage is
    much tha same as yours but I'm lucky if it gets to two days use
    without the low battery message flashing.
    I've got the battery save feature turned on so it's not that.
    The only other thing I can think of is that I might be in a low signal
    area so the radio side of the phone is pumped up to full power all the
    time - unlikely though.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    > "Avanti" <martin.collins@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > messages
    > > stored
    it.

    [snip]

    > Hmm. Perhaps there's something wrong with my phone then - my usage is
    > much tha same as yours but I'm lucky if it gets to two days use
    > without the low battery message flashing.
    > I've got the battery save feature turned on so it's not that.
    > The only other thing I can think of is that I might be in a low signal
    > area so the radio side of the phone is pumped up to full power all the
    > time - unlikely though.

    last weekend I went over to Dublin the phone was charged on thursday evening
    and has been on (even during the flight) , the handset is on the same charge
    (now 2 bars) and today I have just returned from London via train.
    My T39 would easily go over a week (and still does ) on a single charge.
    I wonder if your sim card has something to do with your power drain
    problems....
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    > "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hmm. Perhaps there's something wrong with my phone then - my usage is
    > > much tha same as yours but I'm lucky if it gets to two days use
    > > without the low battery message flashing.
    > > I've got the battery save feature turned on so it's not that.
    > > The only other thing I can think of is that I might be in a low signal
    > > area so the radio side of the phone is pumped up to full power all the
    > > time - unlikely though.
    >
    > last weekend I went over to Dublin the phone was charged on thursday
    evening
    > and has been on (even during the flight) , the handset is on the same
    charge
    > (now 2 bars) and today I have just returned from London via train.
    > My T39 would easily go over a week (and still does ) on a single charge.
    > I wonder if your sim card has something to do with your power drain
    > problems....

    You'll notice that the small print in quoted battery life shows that your
    signal strength, as well as network/SIM configuration all have an effect.

    Low signal will definately drain the battery quicker due to increased power
    consumption.

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family.

    ---
    This message is certified Virus Free.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    ">-@LuVbuG@-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2l12ehF7di2rU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "Avanti" <martin.collins@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hmm. Perhaps there's something wrong with my phone then - my usage is
    > > > much tha same as yours but I'm lucky if it gets to two days use
    > > > without the low battery message flashing.
    > > > I've got the battery save feature turned on so it's not that.
    > > > The only other thing I can think of is that I might be in a low signal
    > > > area so the radio side of the phone is pumped up to full power all the
    > > > time - unlikely though.
    > >
    > > last weekend I went over to Dublin the phone was charged on thursday
    > evening
    > > and has been on (even during the flight) , the handset is on the same
    > charge
    > > (now 2 bars) and today I have just returned from London via train.
    > > My T39 would easily go over a week (and still does ) on a single charge.
    > > I wonder if your sim card has something to do with your power drain
    > > problems....
    > >

    > You'll notice that the small print in quoted battery life shows that your
    > signal strength, as well as network/SIM configuration all have an effect.
    >
    > Low signal will definately drain the battery quicker due to increased power
    > consumption.
    >
    >[snip]
    I think it must be the signal that's causing me problems. I fully
    charged to phone on Thursday night, then travelled to Wales. For most
    of Friday evening/night I was in an area that had no coverage. I
    didn't bother to turn the phone off. I noticed at midnight that the
    low battery warning was on. I think in future when I'm in no/low
    signal areas I'll just switch the phone off.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    > ">-@LuVbuG@-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > "Avanti" <martin.collins@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > last weekend I went over to Dublin the phone was charged on thursday
    > > evening
    > > > and has been on (even during the flight) , the handset is on the same
    > > charge
    > > > (now 2 bars) and today I have just returned from London via train.
    > > > My T39 would easily go over a week (and still does ) on a single
    charge.
    > > > I wonder if your sim card has something to do with your power drain
    > > > problems....
    > > >

    > > You'll notice that the small print in quoted battery life shows that
    your
    > > signal strength, as well as network/SIM configuration all have an
    effect.

    > > Low signal will definately drain the battery quicker due to increased
    power
    > > consumption.
    > >
    > >[snip]
    > I think it must be the signal that's causing me problems. I fully
    > charged to phone on Thursday night, then travelled to Wales. For most
    > of Friday evening/night I was in an area that had no coverage. I
    > didn't bother to turn the phone off. I noticed at midnight that the
    > low battery warning was on. I think in future when I'm in no/low
    > signal areas I'll just switch the phone off.

    You were in Wales ? At midnight ?
    No wonder the poor phone gave up.

    <tee hee>
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    "geclinke" <geclinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I think it must be the signal that's causing me problems. I fully
    > charged to phone on Thursday night, then travelled to Wales. For most
    > of Friday evening/night I was in an area that had no coverage. I
    > didn't bother to turn the phone off. I noticed at midnight that the
    > low battery warning was on. I think in future when I'm in no/low
    > signal areas I'll just switch the phone off.

    There's your problem.

    Your V600 is consuming extra power trying to find a non-existent signal!

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family

Motorola Phones