GTA3 Multiplayer - What's it like?

56k here. I'm curious what the muliplayer mod is like for GTA3. Do you
just drive around watching other people drive around? Can anyone tell me a
little about it?[
4 answers Last reply
More about gta3 multiplayer what like

    "JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053> wrote in message
    > 56k here. I'm curious what the muliplayer mod is like for GTA3. Do you
    > just drive around watching other people drive around? Can anyone tell me
    > little about it?[

    Hi.

    It depends very much on the server.

    More often than not, it has a few people who seem to know each other on and
    they go off doing stuff - you can follow their chat and join in though.

    Sometimes it is simply a fun death match (not on the stunt servers
    obviously).

    Occasionally - maybe 1 time in 4 - you get a good bunch on and you can have
    all sorts of fun - like starting a car chase with people after you, then
    jumping in the car transporter and keep slamming on the brakes so they then
    end up jumping over you.

    Very much recommended, although you will struggle on 56k. A crying shame
    and a crime that the devs don't build MP support in.

    "Schrodinger" <no@1way.com> wrote in message
    > "JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053> wrote in message
    > > 56k here. I'm curious what the muliplayer mod is like for GTA3. Do you
    > > just drive around watching other people drive around? Can anyone tell
    me
    > > little about it?[
    > >

    > Hi.
    >
    > It depends very much on the server.
    >
    > More often than not, it has a few people who seem to know each other on
    and
    > they go off doing stuff - you can follow their chat and join in though.
    >
    > Sometimes it is simply a fun death match (not on the stunt servers
    > obviously).
    >
    > Occasionally - maybe 1 time in 4 - you get a good bunch on and you can
    have
    > all sorts of fun - like starting a car chase with people after you, then
    > jumping in the car transporter and keep slamming on the brakes so they
    then
    > end up jumping over you.
    >
    > Very much recommended, although you will struggle on 56k. A crying shame
    > and a crime that the devs don't build MP support in.

    Okay, so it's mostly just a free for all. Still it would be fun to try.

    "They" say MP is on the radar for GTA3 series. Something like a cops verses
    robbers senario. Of course, I remember reading MP was on the radar for what
    turned out to be Vice City (which I guess is why it was found burried in the
    code by modders).

    > "Schrodinger" <no@1way.com> wrote in message
    >> "JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053> wrote in message
    >> > 56k here. I'm curious what the muliplayer mod is like for GTA3. Do
    >> > you
    >> > just drive around watching other people drive around? Can anyone tell
    > me
    >> > little about it?[
    >> >

    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> It depends very much on the server.
    >>
    >> More often than not, it has a few people who seem to know each other on
    > and
    >> they go off doing stuff - you can follow their chat and join in though.
    >>
    >> Sometimes it is simply a fun death match (not on the stunt servers
    >> obviously).
    >>
    >> Occasionally - maybe 1 time in 4 - you get a good bunch on and you can
    > have
    >> all sorts of fun - like starting a car chase with people after you, then
    >> jumping in the car transporter and keep slamming on the brakes so they
    > then
    >> end up jumping over you.
    >>
    >> Very much recommended, although you will struggle on 56k. A crying shame
    >> and a crime that the devs don't build MP support in.
    >
    > Okay, so it's mostly just a free for all. Still it would be fun to try.
    >
    > "They" say MP is on the radar for GTA3 series. Something like a cops
    > verses
    > robbers senario. Of course, I remember reading MP was on the radar for
    > what
    > turned out to be Vice City (which I guess is why it was found burried in
    > the
    > code by modders).

    I believe a massive multiplayer persistent world is in the pipeline.
    Reading between the lines, I expect to see this as the first flagship title
    of the PS3.

    > "JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Schrodinger" <no@1way.com> wrote in message
    > >> "JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053> wrote in message
    > > me
    > >> >

    > >> Hi.
    > >>
    > >> It depends very much on the server.
    > >>
    > >> More often than not, it has a few people who seem to know each other on
    > > and
    > >> they go off doing stuff - you can follow their chat and join in though.
    > >>
    > >> Sometimes it is simply a fun death match (not on the stunt servers
    > >> obviously).
    > >>
    > >> Occasionally - maybe 1 time in 4 - you get a good bunch on and you can
    > > have
    > >> all sorts of fun - like starting a car chase with people after you,
    then
    > >> jumping in the car transporter and keep slamming on the brakes so they
    > > then
    > >> end up jumping over you.
    > >>
    > >> Very much recommended, although you will struggle on 56k. A crying
    shame
    > >> and a crime that the devs don't build MP support in.
    > >
    > > Okay, so it's mostly just a free for all. Still it would be fun to
    try.

    > > "They" say MP is on the radar for GTA3 series. Something like a cops
    > > verses
    > > robbers senario. Of course, I remember reading MP was on the radar for
    > > what
    > > turned out to be Vice City (which I guess is why it was found burried in
    > > the
    > > code by modders).
    > >

    > I believe a massive multiplayer persistent world is in the pipeline.
    > Reading between the lines, I expect to see this as the first flagship
    title
    > of the PS3.

    That's good, but too bad in a way. I would have liked to see them focus
    more on SP by taking things to a more realistic level.

PC gaming Multiplayer Video Games