.jar vs .jad files v600

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 15, 2004 11:14:07 AM

I just downloaded some java games for my motorola v600...

I'm getting the data cable shortly (it's on its way being shipped)

my question is, Some of the games have .jad files and some of them are
JUST .jar files

will both kind work? or do they need .jad files for the .jar to work

(the ones with .jad also have a .jar, but some games are just .jar)

Any advice?

ps- if .jar's work, does that mean any java application can be on your
phone?

thanks in advance

More about : jar jad files v600

Anonymous
June 15, 2004 6:15:26 PM

If you plan on using the cable and not bluetooth you will need both
the jar and the jad files, check out www.freewebs.com/siteofhimself to
see how to do it with the cable using midway. The site id for T720
cells, but the midway and other info applies the same.
l8r
> I just downloaded some java games for my motorola v600...
>
> I'm getting the data cable shortly (it's on its way being shipped)
>
> my question is, Some of the games have .jad files and some of them are
> JUST .jar files
>
> will both kind work? or do they need .jad files for the .jar to work
>
> (the ones with .jad also have a .jar, but some games are just .jar)
>

> Any advice?
>

> ps- if .jar's work, does that mean any java application can be on your
> phone?
>
> thanks in advance
June 16, 2004 4:48:58 AM

"Cesisa" <cesisa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> you won't be able to put the games into the V600 with the data cable and
> Mobile Phone Tools. You need a Bluetooth dongle to do it.
> The files you have to put in the phone are the .jar .

This is not true you can do it, just do a google search for it, you need a
few different bits of software, but it can be done as I have done and do, do
it..

Eddy
June 16, 2004 1:53:53 PM

Would it be possible for you to post a link to the software to upload
games by data cable

I have this one

http://tinyurl.com/3cb94

but I cannot get the software to talk to the phone

Cheers

--
baumgi

When I see 24 Hours in a day, 24 Beers in a case I do not see
coincidence, I see providence!
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t125325.html
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 5:16:08 PM

baumgi <baumgi.17y822@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message news:<baumgi.17y822@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>...
> Would it be possible for you to post a link to the software to upload
> games by data cable
>
> I have this one
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3cb94
>
> but I cannot get the software to talk to the phone
>
> Cheers
Check your com ports, probably com4 is where you want to put it, and
www.motclub.com has all the programs. That is a very good guide but
you can check out www.howardforums.com for other solutions.
www.freewebs.com/siteofhimself may have some Midway info as well.
l8r
June 16, 2004 11:18:04 PM

> lol, just go to www.motclub.com and get Jadgen, all you do is drag the
> jar file and drop it on top of the Jadgen, and there you go, instant
> jad file! Use google groups to browse this newsgroup and all the
> answers will appear :-)
> l8r

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help, and thank you to everyon
else...except Eddy...I don't know what your problem was when you
posted, but it's not being lazy, I don't care how long it takes, the
only reason I mentioned I should of gotten the bluetooth was because
of the comment made

"you won't be able to put the games into the V600 with the data cable
and
Mobile Phone Tools. You need a Bluetooth dongle to do it.
The files you have to put in the phone are the .jar "

So, you really need to step down and think before you post, it's
obviously not a threat, there's nothing I could do If i wanted to, I'm
just giving my 2 cents, it's not cool

learn to relax, you'll live a less stressful life

ps- to CJD, Why would there be any difference between the cable and
bluetooth, as far as not being able to transfer games with the cable
but you can with the bluetooth
June 16, 2004 11:20:47 PM

disregard my last comment, that website you gave me told me exactly
how to upload games using the data cable

maybe you were just mistaken at the time of your first post

thanks again for your assistance
June 17, 2004 4:48:00 AM

"baumgi" <baumgi.17y822@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> Would it be possible for you to post a link to the software to upload
> games by data cable
>
> I have this one
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3cb94
>
> but I cannot get the software to talk to the phone
>
> Cheers
>

> --
> baumgi
>
> When I see 24 Hours in a day, 24 Beers in a case I do not see
> coincidence, I see providence!
> http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread:
http://cellphoneforums.net/t125325.html

Go to http://www.howardforums.com/ do a search in the V600 forum, you will
get all the info you need there.

Eddy
June 17, 2004 4:46:46 PM

"Brian" <nl4life@aol.com> wrote in message
> disregard my last comment, that website you gave me told me exactly
> how to upload games using the data cable
>
> maybe you were just mistaken at the time of your first post
>
> thanks again for your assistance
My apologies if I was sharp, I did post after the You cant do it post, to
state that you could, it could have been that your server did not receive
it?.

Edy
June 26, 2004 3:57:14 AM

Midway and PST are not official??