.jar vs .jad files v600

I just downloaded some java games for my motorola v600...

I'm getting the data cable shortly (it's on its way being shipped)

my question is, Some of the games have .jad files and some of them are
JUST .jar files

will both kind work? or do they need .jad files for the .jar to work

(the ones with .jad also have a .jar, but some games are just .jar)

Any advice?

ps- if .jar's work, does that mean any java application can be on your
phone?

thanks in advance
9 answers Last reply
More about files v600

    If you plan on using the cable and not bluetooth you will need both
    the jar and the jad files, check out www.freewebs.com/siteofhimself to
    see how to do it with the cable using midway. The site id for T720
    cells, but the midway and other info applies the same.
    l8r

    "Cesisa" <cesisa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > you won't be able to put the games into the V600 with the data cable and
    > Mobile Phone Tools. You need a Bluetooth dongle to do it.
    > The files you have to put in the phone are the .jar .

    This is not true you can do it, just do a google search for it, you need a
    few different bits of software, but it can be done as I have done and do, do
    it..

    Eddy

    Would it be possible for you to post a link to the software to upload
    games by data cable

    I have this one

    http://tinyurl.com/3cb94

    but I cannot get the software to talk to the phone

    Cheers

    --
    baumgi

    When I see 24 Hours in a day, 24 Beers in a case I do not see
    coincidence, I see providence!
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t125325.html

    baumgi <baumgi.17y822@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message news:<baumgi.17y822@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>...
    > Would it be possible for you to post a link to the software to upload
    > games by data cable
    >
    > I have this one
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3cb94
    >
    > but I cannot get the software to talk to the phone
    >
    > Cheers
    Check your com ports, probably com4 is where you want to put it, and
    www.motclub.com has all the programs. That is a very good guide but
    you can check out www.howardforums.com for other solutions.
    www.freewebs.com/siteofhimself may have some Midway info as well.
    l8r

    > lol, just go to www.motclub.com and get Jadgen, all you do is drag the
    > jar file and drop it on top of the Jadgen, and there you go, instant
    > jad file! Use google groups to browse this newsgroup and all the
    > answers will appear :-)
    > l8r

    Thank you very much, I appreciate your help, and thank you to everyon
    else...except Eddy...I don't know what your problem was when you
    posted, but it's not being lazy, I don't care how long it takes, the
    only reason I mentioned I should of gotten the bluetooth was because
    of the comment made

    "you won't be able to put the games into the V600 with the data cable
    and
    Mobile Phone Tools. You need a Bluetooth dongle to do it.
    The files you have to put in the phone are the .jar "

    So, you really need to step down and think before you post, it's
    obviously not a threat, there's nothing I could do If i wanted to, I'm
    just giving my 2 cents, it's not cool

    learn to relax, you'll live a less stressful life

    ps- to CJD, Why would there be any difference between the cable and
    bluetooth, as far as not being able to transfer games with the cable
    but you can with the bluetooth

    disregard my last comment, that website you gave me told me exactly
    how to upload games using the data cable

    maybe you were just mistaken at the time of your first post

    thanks again for your assistance

    "baumgi" <baumgi.17y822@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > Would it be possible for you to post a link to the software to upload
    > games by data cable
    >
    > I have this one
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3cb94
    >
    > but I cannot get the software to talk to the phone
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > --
    > baumgi
    >
    > When I see 24 Hours in a day, 24 Beers in a case I do not see
    > coincidence, I see providence!
    > http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread:
    http://cellphoneforums.net/t125325.html

    Go to http://www.howardforums.com/ do a search in the V600 forum, you will
    get all the info you need there.

    Eddy

    "Brian" <nl4life@aol.com> wrote in message
    > disregard my last comment, that website you gave me told me exactly
    > how to upload games using the data cable
    >
    > maybe you were just mistaken at the time of your first post
    >
    > thanks again for your assistance
    My apologies if I was sharp, I did post after the You cant do it post, to
    state that you could, it could have been that your server did not receive
    it?.

    Edy

    Midway and PST are not official??
    > You must read exactly what I writed.
    > I repeat: "You won't be able to put games into the V600 with data cable
    and
    > Mobile Phone Tools".
    > I knew there are another software to put the games, but there is not
    oficial
    > software and the easiest way to do it is with a BT dongle.
    >

    > "Eddy" <weeeddyNOSPAM@hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > >
    > > "Cesisa" <cesisa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > you won't be able to put the games into the V600 with the data cable
    and
    > > > Mobile Phone Tools. You need a Bluetooth dongle to do it.
    > > > The files you have to put in the phone are the .jar .
    > > >
    > > This is not true you can do it, just do a google search for it, you need
    > > few different bits of software, but it can be done as I have done and
    do,
    > do
    > > it..
    > >
    > > Eddy