WANTED: Used Behringer Eurodesk 3282

Last response: in Home Audio
September 1, 2004 9:37:56 AM

i am looking for a used unit that is in EXCELLENT condition. anyone got one?
thanks
eli
September 1, 2004 12:49:28 PM

In article <20040901013756.01542.00000023@mb-m11.aol.com>,
loshalos@aol.com says...
> i am looking for a used unit that is in EXCELLENT condition. anyone got one?
> thanks
> eli

Good luck. Just for your information, this is the mixer
that I see setting in repair shops more than any other, by
far. I don't know if it's a common fault, or just general
problems, but that's what I see.
---Michael (of APP)...
September 1, 2004 6:34:57 PM

In article <MPG.1b9f8f5f4faf1c219897ca@newshost>,
Michael <ra3035@NOTfreescale.com> wrote:

> In article <20040901013756.01542.00000023@mb-m11.aol.com>,
> loshalos@aol.com says...
> > i am looking for a used unit that is in EXCELLENT condition. anyone got one?
> > thanks
> > eli
> >
> Good luck. Just for your information, this is the mixer
> that I see setting in repair shops more than any other, by
> far. I don't know if it's a common fault, or just general
> problems, but that's what I see.
> ---Michael (of APP)...

what sort of problems do you see
I use many behringer desks , mostly 802's and 3242s and have had no real
issues with them
of course I would not run to the repair center is a led failed or some
obscure feature became intermittent(like the built in efx)
I would just work around it
but I have not had a repair worthy fail, unlike my mackies, I had before
the behringers
had constant powersupply fails , requiring immeadiate attention
George
Related resources
September 1, 2004 6:34:58 PM

In article <g.p.gleason-968086.10345601092004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net says...
> In article <MPG.1b9f8f5f4faf1c219897ca@newshost>,
> Michael <ra3035@NOTfreescale.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <20040901013756.01542.00000023@mb-m11.aol.com>,
> > loshalos@aol.com says...
> > > i am looking for a used unit that is in EXCELLENT condition. anyone got one?
> > > thanks
> > > eli
> > >
> > Good luck. Just for your information, this is the mixer
> > that I see setting in repair shops more than any other, by
> > far. I don't know if it's a common fault, or just general
> > problems, but that's what I see.
> > ---Michael (of APP)...
>
> what sort of problems do you see

I don't know; I'm not the one repairing them. I was just
amazed at how many repair shops/departments I've walked into,
to get parts or some such, and I see this board setting there
with a repair tag on it. That's why I said above that I don't
know if it's a common fault with this model, or just a popular
board that has problems.

> I use many behringer desks , mostly 802's and 3242s and have had no real
> issues with them

How do you like those 3242's? I've thought seriously about
getting one of those for a utility board. They are pretty
versatile, what with the inline design and flexible EQ, and
being rackmountable. Do they sound okay (I can't seem to find
one around here to listen to)?
---Michael (of APP)...
September 1, 2004 9:20:59 PM

In article <MPG.1b9fb503934bbf679897cb@newshost>,
Michael <ra3035@NOTfreescale.com> wrote:

> In article <g.p.gleason-968086.10345601092004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
> g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net says...
> > In article <MPG.1b9f8f5f4faf1c219897ca@newshost>,
> > Michael <ra3035@NOTfreescale.com> wrote:
> >
> > > In article <20040901013756.01542.00000023@mb-m11.aol.com>,
> > > loshalos@aol.com says...
> > > >
> > > Good luck. Just for your information, this is the mixer
> > > that I see setting in repair shops more than any other, by
> > > far. I don't know if it's a common fault, or just general
> > > problems, but that's what I see.
> > > ---Michael (of APP)...
> >
> > what sort of problems do you see
>
> I don't know; I'm not the one repairing them. I was just
> amazed at how many repair shops/departments I've walked into,
> to get parts or some such, and I see this board setting there
> with a repair tag on it. That's why I said above that I don't
> know if it's a common fault with this model, or just a popular
> board that has problems.
>
> > I use many behringer desks , mostly 802's and 3242s and have had no real
> > issues with them
>
> How do you like those 3242's? I've thought seriously about
> getting one of those for a utility board. They are pretty
> versatile, what with the inline design and flexible EQ, and
> being rackmountable. Do they sound okay (I can't seem to find
> one around here to listen to)?
> ---Michael (of APP)...

I use them as live desks
I manage to get 5 prefade monitor sends if I bypass the
internal(infernal) efx
the sound is a bit thin but it works with the rest of the gear you would
use in a system with a budget desk'
I bet the sound would be a bit harder to take if I was using upa1's as
opposed to sx300/yamaha type speakers
but it is a good match for the systems one would realisticly use it is

the biggest fault I have is the outboard ps, but I bet that was part of
why the desk is cheap and Quiet
no power supply throwing rf inside
but the two piece design is a bit of a pain
they link well and I got 32 channels for (when I bought them) under 1K$

dollar for dollar a great versitile desk , not real sweet , but it
doesn't have to be
it is clean
niggly little issues like I have some meters that I don't trust , but
again not a show stoppin g issue like the mackies failed ps problems were
I would recommend them as a great starter desk or second desk but not as
the main desk
look to a venice, lx7 or gl series for that
George
September 1, 2004 9:21:00 PM

In article <g.p.gleason-23C485.13205801092004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net says...
> > How do you like those 3242's? I've thought seriously about
> > getting one of those for a utility board. They are pretty
> > versatile, what with the inline design and flexible EQ, and
> > being rackmountable. Do they sound okay (I can't seem to find
> > one around here to listen to)?
>
> I use them as live desks
> I manage to get 5 prefade monitor sends if I bypass the
> internal(infernal) efx
> the sound is a bit thin but it works with the rest of the gear you would
> use in a system with a budget desk'

Mmm...that's close to the reason I intended to use it for;
maybe I should look closer at it.

> the biggest fault I have is the outboard ps, but I bet that was part of
> why the desk is cheap and Quiet
> no power supply throwing rf inside
> but the two piece design is a bit of a pain
> they link well and I got 32 channels for (when I bought them) under 1K$

The supply's no problem for me, as it'll just go into the
rack along with the desk (unless it throws too much noise).

> niggly little issues like I have some meters that I don't trust , but
> again not a show stoppin g issue like the mackies failed ps problems were

That's weird. We have three Mackies, but have never seen any
problem with the power supplies yet. The little 1202 does get
a bit warm, though.

> I would recommend them as a great starter desk or second desk but not as
> the main desk look to a venice, lx7 or gl series for that

Right. This would be an auxilliary mixer for just my use, when
home writing songs, or as a small PA system run from the stage in
situations where we can't use the main board and soundman.
---Michael (of APP)...
September 2, 2004 12:17:31 AM

> Right. This would be an auxilliary mixer for just my use, when
> home writing songs, or as a small PA system run from the stage in
> situations where we can't use the main board and soundman.
> ---Michael (of APP)...

check www.americanmusical.com ask about B stock
great prices excellent return policy
I use them quite a bit and thier B stock prices are great
George
!