Sign in with
Your question

Won't Install

Last response: in Windows 7
February 10, 2010 5:11:31 PM

Hey all,

I just got windows ultimate and am trying to do a fresh install. I boot from my CD / DVD drive, it loads the files and the windows logo pops up. After that, a bluish background pops up and I can see my mouse. After this, nothing happens.

thanks

More about : install

a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2010 5:27:33 PM

Did you have everything like USB devices unplugged when you did the install? If not, un plug them and try a start up repair (if it lets you). If not, try a total re-install.
m
l
February 10, 2010 5:39:26 PM

I just unplugged all USB devices... It still hangs on the splash screen. I am also doing a fresh install over windows xp 32 bit to windows ultimate 64 bit.
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2010 5:48:02 PM

Hrmmm... Apparently all I needed was some patience... Does this normally take a long time inbetween steps?
m
l
February 10, 2010 6:12:51 PM

newbuu2 said:
Hrmmm... Apparently all I needed was some patience... Does this normally take a long time inbetween steps?

I noticed on the only fresh install I've done so far (for a friend), that it took a long time to get the first screen up once it loaded the mouse as well. I'm not sure why, but like you I just waited it out and eventually, it came up.

I'll let you know how my install later tonight, or tomorrow goes, as I'm working on a new build.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2010 8:37:29 PM

During install, did you leave the hdd partitions as is from XP, or did you delete them and recreate anew, last option stops this from happening.
m
l
February 11, 2010 1:15:14 AM

das_stig said:
During install, did you leave the hdd partitions as is from XP, or did you delete them and recreate anew, last option stops this from happening.

It never had XP on it. I did a fresh (from scratch) install, so there were no partitions to deal with.
m
l
!