Delta Force Xtreme

The demo was kind of fun, but way too short. So I got a hankerin' fer some
more, is it worth the $20 price of admission? Anyone have the full game and
want to comment on it? Also is there a way to up difficulty level of the
demo and/or the full game? I found the demo to be almost too easy. And I
rarely ever say that about a game.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
4 answers Last reply
More about delta force xtreme

    "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
    > The demo was kind of fun, but way too short. So I got a hankerin' fer some
    > more, is it worth the $20 price of admission? Anyone have the full game
    and
    > want to comment on it? Also is there a way to up difficulty level of the
    > demo and/or the full game? I found the demo to be almost too easy. And I
    > rarely ever say that about a game.

    I have Delta Force Xtreme and must say that it's pretty good considering the
    $20 price tag. The single player campaigns are a bit on the short side, but
    I had fun. As for the difficulty, I did not notice any options to change
    it. This would be a welcome addition, but I'd gotten so used to playing
    hard games that this was kind of a nice break for me.

    "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
    > The demo was kind of fun, but way too short. So I got a hankerin' fer some
    > more, is it worth the $20 price of admission? Anyone have the full game
    and
    > want to comment on it? Also is there a way to up difficulty level of the
    > demo and/or the full game? I found the demo to be almost too easy. And I
    > rarely ever say that about a game.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
    >
    > Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    I'm not sure what mission was in the demo. But I have the full game. And
    in general, I found most of the missions are on the easy side. For some
    reason, Novalogic didn't include any kind of game difficulty setting.
    Still there's a couple in there that are tough. Especially the last
    mission. Here's a couple of other things to consider.

    1. There's a mission editor included with the game. It's fairly easy to
    create a single player misison with it.
    2. With the editor you can give each enemy A/I its own accuracy rating.
    The closer to 100% that it gets, the harder the mission. For example, when
    an enemy that has a high accuracy spots you, you get all of .5secs to either
    kill the enemy, duck, or KYAG (kiss your @ goodbye).
    3. Since the editor is easy to use, DF web sites are starting to get user
    created missions. NOTE: I haven't d/l that many of them, and the 2 that
    I did, they weren't that good. Still, I've d/l user created missions for
    prior DF game (Black Hawk Down), and some of them were done very well.

    http://www.dfbarracks.com/mapdb/index.php?action=lm&gv=dfx
    http://www.novahq.net/?show=maps&cmd=view_maps&game=dfx&type=sp&x=14&y=9

    I'm working on a single player mission right now. After spending a couple
    of hrs beta testing it, I finally got tired of the A/I whacking me and
    turned the accuracy rating down. Hopefully I can upload the mission once
    my older brother gets done beta testing it for me. He's already stated tha
    t he's tired of the A/I wailing him too. ;-)

    "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> once tried to test me with:

    > "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
    >> The demo was kind of fun, but way too short. So I got a hankerin' fer
    >> some more, is it worth the $20 price of admission? Anyone have the
    >> full game
    > and
    >> want to comment on it? Also is there a way to up difficulty level of
    >> the demo and/or the full game? I found the demo to be almost too
    >> easy. And I rarely ever say that about a game.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
    >>
    >> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
    >>

    > I'm not sure what mission was in the demo. But I have the full game.
    > And in general, I found most of the missions are on the easy side.
    > For some reason, Novalogic didn't include any kind of game difficulty
    > setting. Still there's a couple in there that are tough. Especially
    > the last mission. Here's a couple of other things to consider.

    Thanks for the info, sounds like it might be worth it especially since it
    has a mission editor.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    "NightSky 421" <nightsky421@yahoo.ca> once tried to test me with:

    > I have Delta Force Xtreme and must say that it's pretty good
    > considering the $20 price tag. The single player campaigns are a bit
    > on the short side, but I had fun. As for the difficulty, I did not
    > notice any options to change it. This would be a welcome addition,
    > but I'd gotten so used to playing hard games that this was kind of a
    > nice break for me.

    Yah I was kind of thinking the same thing when playing the demo, but still
    it would be nice to be able to turn it up to hard for a replay.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games