Delta Force Xtreme

The demo was kind of fun, but way too short. So I got a hankerin' fer some
more, is it worth the $20 price of admission? Anyone have the full game and
want to comment on it? Also is there a way to up difficulty level of the
demo and/or the full game? I found the demo to be almost too easy. And I
rarely ever say that about a game.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> The demo was kind of fun, but way too short. So I got a hankerin' fer some
> more, is it worth the $20 price of admission? Anyone have the full game
and
> want to comment on it? Also is there a way to up difficulty level of the
> demo and/or the full game? I found the demo to be almost too easy. And I
> rarely ever say that about a game.

I have Delta Force Xtreme and must say that it's pretty good considering the
$20 price tag. The single player campaigns are a bit on the short side, but
I had fun. As for the difficulty, I did not notice any options to change
it. This would be a welcome addition, but I'd gotten so used to playing
hard games that this was kind of a nice break for me.

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> The demo was kind of fun, but way too short. So I got a hankerin' fer some
> more, is it worth the $20 price of admission? Anyone have the full game
and
> want to comment on it? Also is there a way to up difficulty level of the
> demo and/or the full game? I found the demo to be almost too easy. And I
> rarely ever say that about a game.
>
> --
>
> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

I'm not sure what mission was in the demo. But I have the full game. And
in general, I found most of the missions are on the easy side. For some
reason, Novalogic didn't include any kind of game difficulty setting.
Still there's a couple in there that are tough. Especially the last
mission. Here's a couple of other things to consider.

1. There's a mission editor included with the game. It's fairly easy to
create a single player misison with it.
2. With the editor you can give each enemy A/I its own accuracy rating.
The closer to 100% that it gets, the harder the mission. For example, when
an enemy that has a high accuracy spots you, you get all of .5secs to either
kill the enemy, duck, or KYAG (kiss your @ goodbye).
3. Since the editor is easy to use, DF web sites are starting to get user
created missions. NOTE: I haven't d/l that many of them, and the 2 that
I did, they weren't that good. Still, I've d/l user created missions for
prior DF game (Black Hawk Down), and some of them were done very well.

http://www.dfbarracks.com/mapdb/index.php?action=lm&gv=dfx
http://www.novahq.net/?show=maps&cmd=view_maps&game=dfx&type=sp&x=14&y=9

I'm working on a single player mission right now. After spending a couple
of hrs beta testing it, I finally got tired of the A/I whacking me and
turned the accuracy rating down. Hopefully I can upload the mission once
my older brother gets done beta testing it for me. He's already stated tha
t he's tired of the A/I wailing him too. ;-)

"OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> once tried to test me with:

> "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
>> The demo was kind of fun, but way too short. So I got a hankerin' fer
>> some more, is it worth the $20 price of admission? Anyone have the
>> full game
> and
>> want to comment on it? Also is there a way to up difficulty level of
>> the demo and/or the full game? I found the demo to be almost too
>> easy. And I rarely ever say that about a game.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>>
>> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
>>

> I'm not sure what mission was in the demo. But I have the full game.
> And in general, I found most of the missions are on the easy side.
> For some reason, Novalogic didn't include any kind of game difficulty
> setting. Still there's a couple in there that are tough. Especially
> the last mission. Here's a couple of other things to consider.

Thanks for the info, sounds like it might be worth it especially since it
has a mission editor.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@yahoo.ca> once tried to test me with:

> I have Delta Force Xtreme and must say that it's pretty good
> considering the $20 price tag. The single player campaigns are a bit
> on the short side, but I had fun. As for the difficulty, I did not
> notice any options to change it. This would be a welcome addition,
> but I'd gotten so used to playing hard games that this was kind of a
> nice break for me.

Yah I was kind of thinking the same thing when playing the demo, but still
it would be nice to be able to turn it up to hard for a replay.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.