HELP Please...Delta Force Xtreme Resets PC everytime...

Just bought Delta force XTREME.
The game is awesome, especially for the original DF fan like me:)
The problem is the game resets my pc everytime and if I'm not mistaken
at the same spot of the first map of the first mission.
I only play single player only.
That happened before and after the patch.
My pc does not have any heat related problem as I can play other
system-intensive games for hours on ends: HL2, CS:S, Far Cry, etc...
I suspect a file corruption ( the .BMS file of the map), I did uninstall
and re-install the game, re-patched it, but the problem prevails.
Any help and suggestion from you is greately appreciated.
Regards,

Tried new video drivers?

"Believer" <Believer@Youshouldhavefaith.com> wrote in message
> Just bought Delta force XTREME.
> The game is awesome, especially for the original DF fan like me:)
> The problem is the game resets my pc everytime and if I'm not mistaken
> at the same spot of the first map of the first mission.
> I only play single player only.
> That happened before and after the patch.
> My pc does not have any heat related problem as I can play other
> system-intensive games for hours on ends: HL2, CS:S, Far Cry, etc...
> I suspect a file corruption ( the .BMS file of the map), I did uninstall
> and re-install the game, re-patched it, but the problem prevails.
> Any help and suggestion from you is greately appreciated.
> Regards,

x-no-archive: yes

Believer wrote:

<snip>

i'm no hardware expert but a reset is very serious and cannot
be caused only by a file corruption in a game but rather some
thing also related to hardware/drivers

my recommendation to you is
apply the latest service pack of your os
install the latest directx
install the latest graphic card driver
reinstall the game
change the graphic detail in the game like reducing resolution
and disabling some features
good luck

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

"Believer" <Believer@Youshouldhavefaith.com> wrote in message
> Just bought Delta force XTREME.
> The game is awesome, especially for the original DF fan like me:)
> The problem is the game resets my pc everytime and if I'm not mistaken
> at the same spot of the first map of the first mission.
> I only play single player only.
> That happened before and after the patch.
> My pc does not have any heat related problem as I can play other
> system-intensive games for hours on ends: HL2, CS:S, Far Cry, etc...
> I suspect a file corruption ( the .BMS file of the map), I did uninstall
> and re-install the game, re-patched it, but the problem prevails.
> Any help and suggestion from you is greately appreciated.
> Regards,

Try uninstalling, deleting the game folder if the uninstall routine left it
behind. Defrag, run checkdisk and let it fix any errors (rebooting if asked
to). Try reinstalling and see what happens.

Thanks all for your help.
I re-installed the drivers, directx, motherboard AGP driver and it seems to be
O.K now, I have gone past that level with no - crash and continue the rest of
the game.
Thanks,

Les Steel wrote:

> "Believer" <Believer@Youshouldhavefaith.com> wrote in message
> > Just bought Delta force XTREME.
> > The game is awesome, especially for the original DF fan like me:)
> > The problem is the game resets my pc everytime and if I'm not mistaken
> > at the same spot of the first map of the first mission.
> > I only play single player only.
> > That happened before and after the patch.
> > My pc does not have any heat related problem as I can play other
> > system-intensive games for hours on ends: HL2, CS:S, Far Cry, etc...
> > I suspect a file corruption ( the .BMS file of the map), I did uninstall
> > and re-install the game, re-patched it, but the problem prevails.
> > Any help and suggestion from you is greately appreciated.
> > Regards,
> >

> Try uninstalling, deleting the game folder if the uninstall routine left it
> behind. Defrag, run checkdisk and let it fix any errors (rebooting if asked
> to). Try reinstalling and see what happens.

TRENDING THREADS