v600 mms settings for 02

Last response: in Brands
June 18, 2004 1:26:46 AM

I've read the earlier posts but I don't get it! I've been to the hellomoto
site and it gives me a choice of o2 postpay or o2 prepay - neither seems to
work. What am I doing wrong?

I tried to email o2 but the page failed - what a shock!

Robert

More about : v600 mms settings

June 18, 2004 4:00:57 AM

"Robert Cragg" <robert.cragg@thedrossblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've read the earlier posts but I don't get it! I've been to the hellomoto
> site and it gives me a choice of o2 postpay or o2 prepay - neither seems
> work. What am I doing wrong?

Has your SIM been updated for MMS?
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 11:46:35 AM

"Robert Cragg" <robert.cragg@thedrossblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've read the earlier posts but I don't get it! I've been to the hellomoto
> site and it gives me a choice of o2 postpay or o2 prepay - neither seems
> work. What am I doing wrong?
>
> I tried to email o2 but the page failed - what a shock!
>
> Robert

I e-mailed O2 when I was having problems and after 2 days got a reply back
to say that due to technical difficulties they could not reply to my request
for help with technical difficulties. They suggested I telephone them for
help, but by then things were working.

However, when I had my T720i which had the same problems, I did call them
and got through to their technical guys (don't waste time with customer
services, they cannot help) who were very helpful. The chap I spoke to even
phoned me every few days to tell me how things were going. They had to put
something in place to allow a T720 to send an MMS to another T720, which
took them about 6 weeks. Eventually he called me to say all was working -
and it was.

With the V600, I am still unable to send a MMS cross network (the recipient
gets a message telling them to look on the web), but can send them within
O2.

Give their technical bods a call and see if they can help.

O2 customer services sent me the following set up details for the V600,
which is how my phoe is set up, but you must make sure your phone is GPRS
enabled first. There will be a little icon next to the signal strength
indicator which looks like two small squares. If this is not present, then
this is the problem, and you just need to call O2 and get them to activate
GPRS on your phone. This takes a few hours to become activated.

Settings for V600 sent by O2 customer services (Pre pay is for if your phone
is Pay as You Go, Post Pay is for if you get a monthly bill):

Below are the Motorola V600 MMS settings Pre & Post-pay

Motorola V600 MMS

Select Menu (Middle soft key at the top) > Web Access > Web Sessions

Highlight the profile O2 MMS > Press the Menu key > Edit (or select
new if this profile is not already there)

Enter/Amend the following details:

Name: O2 MMS

Homepage: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

Gateway IP 1: 193.113.200.195

Port: 9201

Domain 1: Leave Blank

Service Type 1: WAP

Gateway IP 2: 000.000.000.000

Port: 9201

Domain 2: Leave Blank

Service Type 2: WAP

DNS 1: 193.113.200.195

DNS 2: 000.000.000.000

Timeout: 5 Minutes

CSD No 1:

Username 1:

Password 1:

Speed (Bps) 1: 9600

Line Type: Modem

CSD No 2:

Username 2:

Password 2:

Speed (Bps) 2: 9600

Line Type 2: Modem

GPRS APN: wap.o2.co.uk (postpay) or payandgo.o2.co.uk (prepay)

Username: o2wap (postpay) or payandgo (prepay)

Password: password

Press Done once completed.

Make sure that the Profile used for GPRS WAP has the tick next to it
and then go out to the main menu

Select Messages

Press Main Menu key (top middle soft key)

Scroll to & Select Message Setup

Select MMS Message Setup

Enter & amended the following:

Hide Fields: Bcc; priority (optional setting)

Auto Signature: Blank

Download: Automatic

Filter: Ignore

Expire After: 5 days (optional setting)

Reply Type: MMS

Size Limit: 100kb

Server Info: O2 MMS (the profile setup in Web Sessions)

Select Done

Regards

O2 Customer Service
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 10:47:27 PM

"Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>
> Speed (Bps) 2: 9600
>
> Line Type 2: Modem
>
> GPRS APN: wap.o2.co.uk (postpay) or payandgo.o2.co.uk (prepay)
>
> Username: o2wap (postpay) or payandgo (prepay)
>
> Password: password
>

> Press Done once completed.
>
> Make sure that the Profile used for GPRS WAP has the tick next to it
> and then go out to the main menu
>

> Select Messages
>
> Press Main Menu key (top middle soft key)
>
> Scroll to & Select Message Setup
>
> Select MMS Message Setup
>
> Enter & amended the following:
>
> Hide Fields: Bcc; priority (optional setting)
>
> Auto Signature: Blank
>
> Download: Automatic
>
> Filter: Ignore
>
> Expire After: 5 days (optional setting)
>
> Reply Type: MMS
>
> Size Limit: 100kb
>
> Server Info: O2 MMS (the profile setup in Web Sessions)

Thanks - i did all this but still no luck. I don't understand why the o2MMS
profile is the one you configure but the GPRS WAP profile is the one that
gets ticked.

Robert
!