Tascam US-122 passes the wine test

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 1, 2004 6:31:16 PM

Archived from groups: cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Got one of these for a friend as a wedding present.

Sits on the desktop next to his PC keyboard and apparently took a
direct hit from a spilt glass of wine. But because the plastic case
design beneath the knobs has a bit of a barrier/ridge there instead of
just a hole that stuff could pour into, little or nothing got inside.

Good design!
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 8:49:25 PM

Gary wrote:

> Got one of these for a friend as a wedding present.
>
> Sits on the desktop next to his PC keyboard and apparently took a
> direct hit from a spilt glass of wine. But because the plastic case
> design beneath the knobs has a bit of a barrier/ridge there instead of
> just a hole that stuff could pour into, little or nothing got inside.
>
> Good design!

That plastic case is solid metal on mine. I musta got
lucky, huh? I do agree about the barier design. Excellent
idea.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 7:22:25 AM

Archived from groups: cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Bob Cain <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote in

> Gary wrote:
>
>> Got one of these for a friend as a wedding present.
>>
>> Sits on the desktop next to his PC keyboard and apparently took a
>> direct hit from a spilt glass of wine. But because the plastic case
>> design beneath the knobs has a bit of a barrier/ridge there instead of
>> just a hole that stuff could pour into, little or nothing got inside.
>>
>> Good design!
>
> That plastic case is solid metal on mine. I musta got
> lucky, huh? I do agree about the barier design. Excellent
> idea.

Actually I'm not 100% sure. Maybe my impression of plastic is from the
knobs and the pot "feel", they are a little cheezy.
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 12:50:34 PM

Archived from groups: cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Digital Larry <faultline1989SPAMMIT@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Bob Cain <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote in
>

>> Gary wrote:
>>
>>> Got one of these for a friend as a wedding present.
>>>
>>> Sits on the desktop next to his PC keyboard and apparently took a
>>> direct hit from a spilt glass of wine. But because the plastic case
>>> design beneath the knobs has a bit of a barrier/ridge there instead of
>>> just a hole that stuff could pour into, little or nothing got inside.
>>>
>>> Good design!
>>
>> That plastic case is solid metal on mine. I musta got
>> lucky, huh? I do agree about the barier design. Excellent
>> idea.
>
> Actually I'm not 100% sure. Maybe my impression of plastic is from the
> knobs and the pot "feel", they are a little cheezy.

Well wine & cheeze do go together well...
!