HL2 no head-bobbing?

Is there an option to turn on head-bobbing while walking or running in half
life 2? It feels more like skateboarding.
7 answers Last reply
More about head bobbing

    x-no-archive: yes

    Alai wrote:

    in this group we don't help things which have sold their own
    soul to the devil (valve)

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    > in this group we don't help things which have sold their own
    > soul to the devil (valve)
    >
    > --
    > post made in a steam-free computer
    > i said "NO" to valve and steam

    I actually kinda like Steam now. I was surprised to find that I didn't need
    to have the cd in the disc drive now. They just check the info on Steam and
    lets me play without cd!

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:45:00 -0700, "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net> wrote:

    >Is there an option to turn on head-bobbing while walking or running in half
    >life 2? It feels more like skateboarding.

    Didn't spot any...

    Besides, head bobbing isn't really realistic as it seems normal to move
    without any visible form of head bobbing (at worst, it should be 1 pixel
    maximum.)

    As an alternative, you might want to look at the weapon instead - it should
    bob while moving, the minimum required for the movement illusion. Having
    the actual screen bob up and down (as in Mechwarrior) would most likely
    cause motion sickness to most people.

    > As an alternative, you might want to look at the weapon instead - it
    > should
    > bob while moving, the minimum required for the movement illusion. Having
    > the actual screen bob up and down (as in Mechwarrior) would most likely
    > cause motion sickness to most people.

    Ahh. Maybe that's what I was thinking. I remember in doom they had
    head-bobbing, but now that you said it it was actually weapon-bobbing. It
    would be pretty hard to head-bob and aim to shoot at the same time.

    x-no-archive: yes

    Alai wrote:

    <snip>

    so you exchange not having the cd to play the game for being
    totally controlled and dependant on a publisher?

    for you having the cd in the drive to play is better than:
    .. your own privacy and playing pc games anonymously?
    .. not being forced to install and play the game in a computer
    with internet connection?
    .. being able to install and play the game without needing to
    ask for permission and being dependant on authorization and
    superfluous authentication procedures they force you into?
    .. being able to patch when you like and need and pass along to
    your friends those patches if they also bought the game?
    .. not being forced to run a superfluous program with the only
    reason so they can monitor your gaming habits?
    .. having a reliable physical media of the game so you can keep
    it save?
    so many things steam takes from you and you talk about the good
    it is not having to run a pc game without the cd in the drive?
    i recommend you look very carefully at what steam really means
    and after that i'm sure you will not find the cd in drive thing
    so important after all

    --

    Roger Christie wrote:
    > Piss off, troll.

    Look, it's great you've found this group and if I had any authority or
    right to do so I would welcome you, but how about contributing
    something more positive? You've left the same message on several
    threads now and it's getting annoying.

    And you might want to fix your sig so it's at the bottom of the post.

    Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.
    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > Alai wrote:
    >
    > in this group we don't help things which have sold their own
    > soul to the devil (valve)
    >
    > --
    > post made in a steam-free computer
    > i said "NO" to valve and steam