HL2 no head-bobbing?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 29, 2005 11:45:00 PM

Is there an option to turn on head-bobbing while walking or running in half
life 2? It feels more like skateboarding.

More about : hl2 head bobbing

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 4:42:04 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Alai wrote:

in this group we don't help things which have sold their own
soul to the devil (valve)

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

> in this group we don't help things which have sold their own
> soul to the devil (valve)
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

I actually kinda like Steam now. I was surprised to find that I didn't need
to have the cd in the disc drive now. They just check the info on Steam and
lets me play without cd!
May 30, 2005 2:16:36 PM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:45:00 -0700, "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net> wrote:

>Is there an option to turn on head-bobbing while walking or running in half
>life 2? It feels more like skateboarding.

Didn't spot any...

Besides, head bobbing isn't really realistic as it seems normal to move
without any visible form of head bobbing (at worst, it should be 1 pixel
maximum.)

As an alternative, you might want to look at the weapon instead - it should
bob while moving, the minimum required for the movement illusion. Having
the actual screen bob up and down (as in Mechwarrior) would most likely
cause motion sickness to most people.
May 30, 2005 11:14:21 PM

> As an alternative, you might want to look at the weapon instead - it
> should
> bob while moving, the minimum required for the movement illusion. Having
> the actual screen bob up and down (as in Mechwarrior) would most likely
> cause motion sickness to most people.

Ahh. Maybe that's what I was thinking. I remember in doom they had
head-bobbing, but now that you said it it was actually weapon-bobbing. It
would be pretty hard to head-bob and aim to shoot at the same time.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 4:36:26 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Alai wrote:

<snip>

so you exchange not having the cd to play the game for being
totally controlled and dependant on a publisher?

for you having the cd in the drive to play is better than:
.. your own privacy and playing pc games anonymously?
.. not being forced to install and play the game in a computer
with internet connection?
.. being able to install and play the game without needing to
ask for permission and being dependant on authorization and
superfluous authentication procedures they force you into?
.. being able to patch when you like and need and pass along to
your friends those patches if they also bought the game?
.. not being forced to run a superfluous program with the only
reason so they can monitor your gaming habits?
.. having a reliable physical media of the game so you can keep
it save?
so many things steam takes from you and you talk about the good
it is not having to run a pc game without the cd in the drive?
i recommend you look very carefully at what steam really means
and after that i'm sure you will not find the cd in drive thing
so important after all

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:08:39 PM

Roger Christie wrote:
> Piss off, troll.

Look, it's great you've found this group and if I had any authority or
right to do so I would welcome you, but how about contributing
something more positive? You've left the same message on several
threads now and it's getting annoying.

And you might want to fix your sig so it's at the bottom of the post.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:45:42 PM

Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.
"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Alai wrote:
>
> in this group we don't help things which have sold their own
> soul to the devil (valve)
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam