Basic v400 phonebook question

Last response: in Brands
a b } Memory
June 19, 2004 2:03:38 PM

I just purchased a new v400 and am loving the phone. After trying to get
voicedial to work, I realized that I needed to copy all of the phonebook
entries from the SIM to the phone memory in order to attach a voice name.
However, now that I have copied the names to my phone memory, each entry
shows up twice in my phonebook (once for the phone memory and once for the
SIM). How do I hide all of the SIM entries and view only the phone memory
entries so that I don't have duplicates? Every other phone that I have seen
does this automatically, but the v400 shows both for some reason.

Thanks!
June 20, 2004 12:07:35 AM

Probably shows both because you copied the entries instead of just storing
them to the phone memory. There is an option whether you store to sim or
phone, after restoring my #s I changed them all to store to phone and only
get the one entry per person.
"Michael Martz" <blizzy01@sent.com> wrote in message
> I just purchased a new v400 and am loving the phone. After trying to get
> voicedial to work, I realized that I needed to copy all of the phonebook
> entries from the SIM to the phone memory in order to attach a voice name.
> However, now that I have copied the names to my phone memory, each entry
> shows up twice in my phonebook (once for the phone memory and once for the
> SIM). How do I hide all of the SIM entries and view only the phone memory
> entries so that I don't have duplicates? Every other phone that I have
seen
> does this automatically, but the v400 shows both for some reason.
>
> Thanks!

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 20, 2004 12:07:36 AM

Thank-you for the reply. I like to have the contacts both in the phone and
on the sim card. I just wish the v400 had a "store to both phone and sim"
option that some other phones have. However, I am happy with everything
else related to my v400 (except for a strange half-second screech sound
people get when I answer the phone to them). I definitely prefer Motorola
phones, in general.

"Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Probably shows both because you copied the entries instead of just storing
> them to the phone memory. There is an option whether you store to sim or
> phone, after restoring my #s I changed them all to store to phone and only
> get the one entry per person.
June 20, 2004 12:59:26 AM

"Michael Martz" <blizzy01@sent.com> wrote in message
> I just purchased a new v400 and am loving the phone. After trying to get
> voicedial to work, I realized that I needed to copy all of the phonebook
> entries from the SIM to the phone memory in order to attach a voice name.
> However, now that I have copied the names to my phone memory, each entry
> shows up twice in my phonebook (once for the phone memory and once for the
> SIM). How do I hide all of the SIM entries and view only the phone memory
> entries so that I don't have duplicates? Every other phone that I have
seen
> does this automatically, but the v400 shows both for some reason.

On the V500, you can sort by speed-dial, which should separate SIM and phone
names. I think you can also sort by Voice Name.
!