v400 answer sound

Last response: in Brands
June 19, 2004 3:44:25 PM

Hi,

Has anyone here with a v400 been told that the person calling you hears a
loud screech whenever you answer your phone? Is this normal or just a
problem with my new v400? When a person calls me and I answer, they hear a
"nails-on-chalkboard" that lasts around 1 second at the exact moment I
answer my phone. I have run tests and found that it does this whether I
answer the phone by opening it or by pushing the answer button. Everyone
who has called me has told me that they find it annoying because the screech
is so loud. Is this normal for the v400?

Thanks!

More about : v400 answer sound

June 19, 2004 11:27:03 PM

My husband and I both have the V400 and neither one of us has that problem.
dot

"Blizzy01" <blizzy01@sent.com> wrote in message
Hi,

Has anyone here with a v400 been told that the person calling you hears a
loud screech whenever you answer your phone? Is this normal or just a
problem with my new v400? When a person calls me and I answer, they hear a
"nails-on-chalkboard" that lasts around 1 second at the exact moment I
answer my phone. I have run tests and found that it does this whether I
answer the phone by opening it or by pushing the answer button. Everyone
who has called me has told me that they find it annoying because the screech
is so loud. Is this normal for the v400?

Thanks!
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 1:35:03 PM

My wife & I both have V400's and they do not do that, I'd call the place
where you got your phone and have it checked out.

!