Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

I just picked this up at Best Buy for $20. After a four-CD install (they
wouldn't let me take the DVD version for the same price) I ended up getting
in an hour or two in it. This game plays out like you're in a movie (Pearl
Harbor to be exact). So far the beginning of it is kind of "on rails" I
guess for more cinematic effect. We'll see how it turns out in the later
missions. I'm not disappointed with it so far.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> I just picked this up at Best Buy for $20. After a four-CD install (they
> wouldn't let me take the DVD version for the same price) I ended up
getting
> in an hour or two in it. This game plays out like you're in a movie (Pearl
> Harbor to be exact). So far the beginning of it is kind of "on rails" I
> guess for more cinematic effect. We'll see how it turns out in the later
> missions. I'm not disappointed with it so far.

I have not gotten through this game yet, but I am very impressed with what
I've played of it (a few hours worth). I must say that the Pearl Harbor
parts were really well done. I don't live in a place where I can
realistically play stuff at loud volumes or have surround sound, but it's
great through headphones. The music is terrific too. I'm quite happy with
the general gameplay. I think this one will easily be a winner. Right now,
I'm working through Brothers In Arms, which has a different "flavor" to it
than I was expecting, but I like it.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
>I just picked this up at Best Buy for $20. After a four-CD install (they
> wouldn't let me take the DVD version for the same price) I ended up
> getting
> in an hour or two in it. This game plays out like you're in a movie (Pearl
> Harbor to be exact). So far the beginning of it is kind of "on rails" I
> guess for more cinematic effect. We'll see how it turns out in the later
> missions. I'm not disappointed with it so far.

Overall it left me underwhelmed, but it does have some brilliant levels.