• Connectivity
  • Desktops
  • Ethernet Card
  • Wireless Adapter
  • Wireless Networking
  • Product
Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 11, 2012 3:07:54 AM

Hey, my desktop has always been connected via ethernet cable but I'm about to move to the Middle of Nowhere, Alberta and will be mooching off a school's wireless internet that's about 400m away apparently. Not sure if that's door-to-door or not...so it may not actually be 400m away. Anyway, the principal said other people get the internet from the same distance but it's "inconsistent". Yeah. Is it even feasible that I would be able to game in this situation? How could I go about doing that? Help!

More about : wireless adapter desktop

August 13, 2012 5:58:50 AM

elsdonc said:
Hey, my desktop has always been connected via ethernet cable but I'm about to move to the Middle of Nowhere, Alberta and will be mooching off a school's wireless internet that's about 400m away apparently. Not sure if that's door-to-door or not...so it may not actually be 400m away. Anyway, the principal said other people get the internet from the same distance but it's "inconsistent". Yeah. Is it even feasible that I would be able to game in this situation? How could I go about doing that? Help!

No, its not feasible 400m away.
m
l
!