BF2 Gone Gold!

This is one of the few games I have ever pre-ordered. Woo!

Andrew

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:12:21 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net>
wrote:

>I'll be giving this one a pass (no broadband) but this looks like a must-buy
>for most people :)

Cool! I played BF1942 offline more that I did online, so I would be
buying BF2 even if I didn't have broadband.

"Inlaw Biker" <gmonsquared@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This is one of the few games I have ever pre-ordered. Woo!

Forget that. Show me a demo before I buy it. I don't forget Battlefield
Vietnam.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:26:15 -0500, "Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com>
wrote:

>"Inlaw Biker" <gmonsquared@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> This is one of the few games I have ever pre-ordered. Woo!
>
>Forget that. Show me a demo before I buy it. I don't forget Battlefield
>Vietnam.

I still play BF1942, and love it (with Punkbuster). However, I never
now play BF Vietnam. Spiced up in all the wrong ways - horid
water-effects, console-style menus... the list is endless...
In style, BF2 seems to be a return to the 'perfection' of BF1942
with a far more powerful game-engine. You are right to wait for
a demo, or real-user reviews at least.

John Lewis

schrodinger

"Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in message

> "Inlaw Biker" <gmonsquared@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> This is one of the few games I have ever pre-ordered. Woo!
>
> Forget that. Show me a demo before I buy it. I don't forget Battlefield
> Vietnam.

BF2 is being done by the same peeps as BF1942. Also presumably had input
from Trauma - makers of DC.

Vietnam was done by a different team - hence it stank.

John Lewis wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:26:15 -0500, "Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Inlaw Biker" <gmonsquared@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>This is one of the few games I have ever pre-ordered. Woo!
>>
>>Forget that. Show me a demo before I buy it. I don't forget Battlefield
>>Vietnam.
>>

> I still play BF1942, and love it (with Punkbuster). However, I never
> now play BF Vietnam. Spiced up in all the wrong ways - horid
> water-effects, console-style menus... the list is endless...
> In style, BF2 seems to be a return to the 'perfection' of BF1942
> with a far more powerful game-engine. You are right to wait for
> a demo, or real-user reviews at least.
>
> John Lewis

Most people don't realise that Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam
were made by different crews. The developers of 1942 are creating BF2
while the developers of Vietnam are currently creating an expansion pack
for BF2. Vietnam was little more then a cash-in while the core
developement team worked on BF2.

--
Starks