Dlink router device device monitoring(HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluhavoc13

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Im wondering how Dlink (Dir 615 N300) routers monitors the devices connected. Does it show their current session,duration etc...? and how can this be reset? i was thinking dcing my self and reconnecting would renew the connection for the person monitoring.

My problem now is my dad is limiting my internet time and I would like to know how he can tell how long I've been on and what other info he gets. I know you may think I'm just a kid who had no life and a rebel to the parents all day, but in reality im not really i get straights As at school and do almost everything they tell me. I think they are crossing the line by limiting the time I get online to socialize with my friends as i do that for quite some bit everyday. Anyway don't tell me to negotiate with them...they are not reasonable parents.
(basically anything to bypass him monitoring me to determine if i go over the time limit(he is not using mac or ip filter)

Anyways i just want to snatch my self about 1-2 more hours everyday. Any information would be appreciated greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.