Boiling point thoughts

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

From reading the reviews - this game reminds me of a couple of other
Euro titles that were buggy on release - but after patched were great
games:
Hidden & Dangerous
and
Panzer Elite

I'll probably get it, though any news from the developer about patches
would help a buying decision.

This is the way I like rpgs - first person with 3rd person view in a
big 3D world. Another game this reminds me of is GothicII.

cheers

jr

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Tanks for info John:
I find it impossible to understand how the games release could get itself in
such a silly situation....
the README in the intial EUR. release lists many of the bugs....they knew
re: the problems before it was put out.....
Even if it is sorted bug-free-perfect they have still walked themselfs into
widespead bad reviews which a game can never completly get over ....
Very odd....puzzeled Mouse
@@@@@

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:35:55 +0100, "Trimble Bracegirdle"
<NOspam@spam.not> wrote:

>Tanks for info John:
>I find it impossible to understand how the games release could get itself in
>such a silly situation....
>the README in the intial EUR. release lists many of the bugs....they knew
>re: the problems before it was put out.....
>Even if it is sorted bug-free-perfect they have still walked themselfs into
>widespead bad reviews which a game can never completly get over ....
>Very odd....puzzeled Mouse
>@@@@@

Only if they release a very buggy version in the US of A.
......the rest of the world does not count" --- Chapter1, Verse 2
of the G.W.Bush epistle to the inhabitants of Planet Earth.

John Lewis

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"......'rest of the world does not count' --- G.W.Bush epistle to the
inhabitants of Planet Earth...."
We (Euro - UK) are prepared to to believe that G.W. can read....but allso
able to write ???..!!!.
We think not...he certainly doesn't understand maps.....imagine the Mighty
Bush trying to play Boiling Point. with all its roam-anywhere ...join
factions....get bitten by snakes n bugs..The Pres. of the U.S.A would be
lost in South America & dead in moments.@

Luv mouse
@@@@@@

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:49:34 GMT, i own a yacht wrote:

> european developers are good at releasing games that are innovative but
> also bug ridden with amateurish production values.

It isn't an European problem, but one of the game industry of these days. I
guess the pressure to get games on the shelves is just too high. It's
short-sighted, but for some reason the pointy hairs don't realise that.

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 00:26:35 +0100, "Trimble Bracegirdle"
<NOspam@spam.not> wrote:

>"......'rest of the world does not count' --- G.W.Bush epistle to the
>inhabitants of Planet Earth...."
>We (Euro - UK) are prepared to to believe that G.W. can read....but allso
>able to write ???..!!!.
>We think not...he certainly doesn't understand maps.....imagine the Mighty
>Bush trying to play Boiling Point. with all its roam-anywhere ...join
>factions....get bitten by snakes n bugs..The Pres. of the U.S.A would be
>lost in South America & dead in moments.@
>
>Luv mouse
>@@@@@@

See:--

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/incidents.shtml

for some good laughs, groans or.......

John Lewis

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:10:11 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) wrote:

>On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 00:26:35 +0100, "Trimble Bracegirdle"
><NOspam@spam.not> wrote:
>
>>"......'rest of the world does not count' --- G.W.Bush epistle to the
>>inhabitants of Planet Earth...."
>>We (Euro - UK) are prepared to to believe that G.W. can read....but allso
>>able to write ???..!!!.
>>We think not...he certainly doesn't understand maps.....imagine the Mighty
>>Bush trying to play Boiling Point. with all its roam-anywhere ...join
>>factions....get bitten by snakes n bugs..The Pres. of the U.S.A would be
>>lost in South America & dead in moments.@

I've heard rumours about a Canada-US relations meeting - the first half
stated that they didn't expcet Bush to be leading the conversaion, with the
expectation that Condoleezza Rice and other aids would do the talking. The
other half of these rumours indicated that these expectations were wrong.

Of course, it doesn't change the fact that his reputation seems to be on
par with Dan Quayle.

>http://www.dubyaspeak.com/incidents.shtml

That's not exactly a good site - while there might be funny incidents
there, most of them give too much room for plausable deniability. (e.g.
while being unfamiliar with the voting rights act is suprising, it could be
that he hasn't studied the law in depth.)

Basically, the only thing funny is having an interview outside in 100
degree temperature, a.k.a. the boiling boint of water. :)

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:13:42 -0400, bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau)
wrote:

>>http://www.dubyaspeak.com/incidents.shtml
>
>That's not exactly a good site - while there might be funny incidents
>there, most of them give too much room for plausable deniability. (e.g.
>while being unfamiliar with the voting rights act is suprising, it could be
>that he hasn't studied the law in depth.)
>
>Basically, the only thing funny is having an interview outside in 100
>degree temperature, a.k.a. the boiling boint of water. :)

Sorry, the US still uses the good old Fahrenheit scale; no doubt an
unknown scale of units to a Frenchman like yourself, since it was
invented by a German.

FYI to convert from Fahrenheit to Centigrade ( sorry, I mean Celsius )

C= (F-32)*5/9

So 100 degrees F is 37.77777...... degrees C.

End of physics lesson....

John Lewis

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 08:48:26 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:13:42 -0400, bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau)
>wrote:
>

>>>http://www.dubyaspeak.com/incidents.shtml
>>
>>That's not exactly a good site - while there might be funny incidents
>>there, most of them give too much room for plausable deniability. (e.g.
>>while being unfamiliar with the voting rights act is suprising, it could be
>>that he hasn't studied the law in depth.)
>>
>>Basically, the only thing funny is having an interview outside in 100
>>degree temperature, a.k.a. the boiling boint of water. :)
>>

>Sorry, the US still uses the good old Fahrenheit scale; no doubt an
>unknown scale of units to a Frenchman like yourself, since it was
>invented by a German.

I know that - just making an old joke, hence the smily. :)

>FYI to convert from Fahrenheit to Centigrade ( sorry, I mean Celsius )
>
>C= (F-32)*5/9
>
>So 100 degrees F is 37.77777...... degrees C.

Other conversion factors are here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit

Even after reading the page, I still don't know how Fahrenheit was
calibrated. It seems to have a few conflicting theories, including a few
that haven't been listed on the page (e.g. While 0 was water dissolved in
ice, 100 was meant to represent the temperature of the human body, where
the person being measured had a slight fever at the time.)

Seems like this thread now need an [OT] flag - but some Google Groups
poster would simply blow it up without knowing.