Atheros AR9002WB-1NG spontaneously disconnects

zakattack

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
My Toshiba x775-3d80v has a Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter will spontaneously disconnect from my home network. No other device has issues. My PC is hooked up with Ethernet cable. My phone, my Xbox360, my PlayStation 3, my roommates Apple laptop, his iPhone, and my other roommates PC with a cheap USB wireless adapter all keep their connections. I have the latest driver I can find for the wireless card, 10.0.0.55, and have tinkered with the settings so Windows doesn't shut it down to save power. The laptop runs Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit. It has always kind have happened, but it was never bad enough to say the wireless card was necessarily the issue. Now my laptop disconnects from the network every hour sometimes every 20 minutes. I know when its going happen though. My Bluetooth mouse stops tracking correctly. It still knows my network and every other network in the building is there, so it not disabling itself. When I reconnect I have to run Windows Troubleshooter and have it reset the wireless adapter. Then it works great for the next 20 mins to an hour. My wireless router is a Cisco Linksys 4200. Is there a setting that I'm over looking that is causing this to happen? Let me know if there is any other info you need.

charmlander

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
I have a satellite Toshiba L775-15N with atheros ar9002wb wireless network adapter and I also have identical problem mentioned above.It spontaneously disconnects from my home network and I also have a WII, smart wireless TV, ipod, another dell laptop and an android samsung galaxy but no such a problem with these devices.I only have problem with my Toshiba Satellite L775-15N.