At home, my current setup is:

1. Motorola SBV5220 Surfboard Cable Modem for internet
2. Rosewill 8 Port Switch RC-406X

And I have:

1. Dell Q6600 desktop running on Windows 7
2. Dell Latitude laptop running on Windows XP
3. Xbox 360

These all need access to the internet.

Up until now, everything worked fine. The Motorola modem was connected in Slot 1 and my desktop, laptop and Xbox were all 3 connected into slots 2, 3 and 4.

The other day, I accidentally pressed a switch in my home that switched off my modem. Anyway, once everything was reset, things changed.

I can no longer be on the internet with all 3 devices at the same time. Either only the laptop can be connected, with the 2 other devices being offline, or just the desktop and not the laptop.

Whenever I gain access to the internet via the desktop, it shows as Network 10 and if I try and repair the connection on the laptop, it says it is unable to renew the IP address. If I switch it up and I have access on my laptop but try and have access on the desktop, the network shows up as Unidentified.

I really don't know what's going on and I've tried the "netsh int ip reset reset.log" trick and I even tried to administer IP addresses manually. Nothing has worked.

And no, I don't think I need a router because this is what I've been doing for over 3 years.

What is the issue? What's the solution?

I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to the technical terms so don't hold back and normally, I would have figured it by now, but I've been at it for almost 4 hours and I'm sick and tired and desperate of all this.

Help, please.

Thanks.