How to transfer games to V600 via bluetooth

Tags:
  • Motorola
  • Games
  • Bluetooth
Last response: in Brands
June 24, 2004 1:43:14 AM

Anybody know how i do this?

I've transfered loads of .mid files, mp3s, and jpgs but can't get any of
my java games over. I am using XP. I moved the other files by right
clicking them then selecting Send to, them going to bluetooth then selecting
my phone. Everything works fine but if I try doing that to a.jar file the
connection fails. What gives?

TIA

More about : transfer games v600 bluetooth

Anonymous
June 24, 2004 2:24:29 AM

Kevin, do you have the same problem using a USB to phone cord as well ??

Dalton

"Kevin Scott" <lj011a7316@spamlessblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Anybody know how i do this?
>
> I've transfered loads of .mid files, mp3s, and jpgs but can't get any
of
> my java games over. I am using XP. I moved the other files by right
> clicking them then selecting Send to, them going to bluetooth then
selecting
> my phone. Everything works fine but if I try doing that to a.jar file the
> connection fails. What gives?
>
> TIA

Anonymous
June 24, 2004 10:21:29 AM

Don't have one.
"Dalton" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Kevin, do you have the same problem using a USB to phone cord as well ??
>
> Dalton
>

> "Kevin Scott" <lj011a7316@spamlessblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Anybody know how i do this?
> >
> > I've transfered loads of .mid files, mp3s, and jpgs but can't get
any
> of
> > my java games over. I am using XP. I moved the other files by right
> > clicking them then selecting Send to, them going to bluetooth then
> selecting
> > my phone. Everything works fine but if I try doing that to a.jar file
the
> > connection fails. What gives?
> >
> > TIA

Related resources
June 27, 2004 2:55:16 AM

Here, check this out, hope it helps
http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=211...
"Kevin Scott" <lj011a7316@spamlessblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Anybody know how i do this?
>
> I've transfered loads of .mid files, mp3s, and jpgs but can't get any
of
> my java games over. I am using XP. I moved the other files by right
> clicking them then selecting Send to, them going to bluetooth then
selecting
> my phone. Everything works fine but if I try doing that to a.jar file the
> connection fails. What gives?
>
> TIA

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 3:55:46 AM

Yeah, I've seen this page. When I try it I get an error message which says
the server does not support the requested data.
My GF just got a v600 today and she is having bigger BT problems, her phone
cannot find any devices (my pc and my phone were both powered on and could
connect to each other no probs - other than the .JAD files not transferring
to mine.)

I'm sure I read a post a couple of days ago about somebody having difficulty
connecting 2 V600s. Is this a common problem?

"Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:o 9nDc.35$aTP1.29@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> Here, check this out, hope it helps
> http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=211...
> "Kevin Scott" <lj011a7316@spamlessblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Anybody know how i do this?
> >
> > I've transfered loads of .mid files, mp3s, and jpgs but can't get
any
> of
> > my java games over. I am using XP. I moved the other files by right
> > clicking them then selecting Send to, them going to bluetooth then
> selecting
> > my phone. Everything works fine but if I try doing that to a.jar file
the
> > connection fails. What gives?
> >
> > TIA

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 4:14:03 AM

I can now transfer games!!!

I didn't do anything different or change any settings but it now works.
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 4:14:04 AM

> I can now transfer games!!!
>
> I didn't do anything different or change any settings but it now works.

Welcome to the wacky world of motorola...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

> Yeah, I've seen this page. When I try it I get an error message which
says
> the server does not support the requested data.
> My GF just got a v600 today and she is having bigger BT problems, her
phone
> cannot find any devices

Thats cos the V600 does not locate devices, devices locate it !.
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 12:08:13 PM

So why does it have a "look for new devices" option?

"Avanti" <martin.collins@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Kevin Scott" <lj011a7316@spamlessblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Yeah, I've seen this page. When I try it I get an error message which
> says
> > the server does not support the requested data.
> > My GF just got a v600 today and she is having bigger BT problems, her
> phone
> > cannot find any devices
>
> Thats cos the V600 does not locate devices, devices locate it !.

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 12:24:16 PM

> So why does it have a "look for new devices" option?

I have not seen that option, but anytime I wish to connect anything to it, I
have to use the Find Me option, which works everytime.
Headset, PDA , PC, other mobile phone.....
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 8:49:21 PM

"Kevin Scott" <lj011a7316@spamlessblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I can now transfer games!!!
>
> I didn't do anything different or change any settings but it now works.

Is this with a USB cable?

Has anyone tried BT?

--
Antz,