I have an issue with my network connection and can't find a similar post. I have an ASUS M4A785-M MB with an on-board LAN and all of a sudden stopped working yesterday.
I have it connected to a 4-port D-Link network switch which has one other oomputer connected, and the switch is hard-wired to my wireless router.
Here are the trouble-shooting steps I've tried:
- uninstalling/re-installing the driver
- tried using different wires.
- by-passed the switch
- used the wired connection with the other computer
- tested the wire for my troubled computer on the other computer and it works fine
- pinged the loop-back IP address (127.0.0.1) and it tested ok
- bought a new NIC and still no connection
When I go to Network and Sharing Center, it shows my Home GRoup but then has the bid red X from the Home Group to the Internet.
Found the issue and I found it looking two posts down from mine! For those interested, it was McAfee. I uninstalled it and it immediately started working. NOw I have to find out what changed that caused it to block network connection before I re-install it. If anyone knows please share.