Boiling Point: 4.2GHz Pentium Required !!!!

I _must_ have missed it but I don't remember seeing the minimum
requirements for Boiling Point that specified 4.2GHz Pentium or
better. So, 2 questions....

1) Has anyone tried playing it with a 2.4GHz Pentium?

2) How many of you have machines with a 4.2GHz Pentium?

==== Tecknomage ====
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.usenet.com

Tecknomage wrote:
> I _must_ have missed it but I don't remember seeing the minimum
> requirements for Boiling Point that specified 4.2GHz Pentium or
> better. So, 2 questions....

"Tecknomage" seems to have made a booboo IMO. Either that or is dyslexic.

You would hardly specifiy a minimum speed of a non existent processor.

> 1) Has anyone tried playing it with a 2.4GHz Pentium?

The specs say " Processor: Pentium 4 2GHz or faster "
That's 2GHz. You invented the "."
--
Grumps

> turning on HT radically improves
> performance ---

I thought hyper threading is enabled by default on P4's. Don't see it in my
BIOS. Do you mean, turn it on in-game via some option? XPSP2.

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:32:01 -0500, "Company Man"
<spook@covert.invalid> wrote:

>"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> turning on HT radically improves
>> performance ---
>
>I thought hyper threading is enabled by default on P4's. Don't see it in my
>BIOS.

You should find the switch in BIOS Advanced chipset settings ( or
similar title) Some older games do not like HT at all and will crash
if it is turned on. IIRC Arx Fatalis is one of them....

However, just bring up Windows Hardware Manager display. If you see
2 processors listed, then HT is on anyway.

You do need 1GByte of RAM, and need to force virtual memory in Windows
to 1.5GBytes, do not let Windows decide automatically === make sure
that the associated partition has at least another 500 Mbyte of
head-room after the exercise. Also advisable to run the game from a
physical hard-disk separate from the virtual memory hard-disk,
particularly on systems with poor disk-access performance.

BTW, this game is not unique with respect to these requirements.
For optimum performance of Morrowind, similar considerations apply.
The PC version of Morrowind uses a similar dynamic map-loading
scheme.

John Lewis