Lost two Hard drives and CDWR

Notaclue

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
I seem to have Lost two Hard drives and CDWR at the same time. Had Maxtor 10g on C and one on D for backup. The CDWR was E. I replaced the mainboard and power supply but could not get the system to go past mem check with any of these three drives connected.
I installed a 13g drive and another CDWR and it has no problem.
Does anybody out there have any idea how I might get these drives to post or what in the world might have happened?
Win98se sys.

May have been virus flash but dunt know. Is there a trick out there? Kinda hard to mess with when you cant get thru bios with them connected.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm considering that they all went at once i would suspect (allthough dont have any direct proof) that you got hit by a power surge or something.

do the drives even spin up?

<b>MegaHertz Matters! ... But not without Cache our a decent chipset!!! :cool: </b>

Notaclue

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
I have a surge protector and unplugged the machine for the night because it was going to storm. The storm was not bad. The real problem is not so much losing the drives as it happening again. I'm going to play with it somemore today to try to get one to spinup but so far it is like something has dead shorted these drives.