Your question

Can i connect my android mobile for internet by using internet from laptop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 12, 2012 6:10:29 PM

Hello,
can i connect my android mobile for internet by using internet from laptop
a b D Laptop
August 12, 2012 6:13:54 PM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

You can if the laptop received wirelessly from a router. In Android>Settings Wireless and Networks>WiFi Settings, find your network. input the security key and you're online.

It works the other way around as well. If the Android mobile or pad has a 3G signal and is connected to the Net, you can use USB Tethering in the same Settings menu to share that connection to the laptop.

September 11, 2013 9:02:27 AM

Saga Lout said:

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

You can if the laptop received wirelessly from a router. In Android>Settings Wireless and Networks>WiFi Settings, find your network. input the security key and you're online.

It works the other way around as well. If the Android mobile or pad has a 3G signal and is connected to the Net, you can use USB Tethering in the same Settings menu to share that connection to the laptop.

ah but what if you want to use old phones wifi connection to the home network, connect the usb out of the phone to feed another pc that doesn't have built in wifi? Ie. Phones radio wifi serves soley a wifi connection for the older pc.?

a b D Laptop
a b Ë Android
September 12, 2013 6:06:53 AM

You can't use a wifi hardware on a phone as a wifi add-on for a computer. Get a regular USB wifi card.
!