Firepod is alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz,rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio (More info?)

You may remember I had a problem with my presonus firepod a couple weeks
ago. I was the lucky recipient of 2 of the first 15 units. Apparently there
was an issue with the firmware on those early units.

Presonus read about my problems on the net and sent me a new unit which I
received today. It installed without a hitch and is working great at 2ms
latency.

I can't say enough good things about Sweetwater Sound and about Presonus.

Definitely check this thing out!

Jaz
www.sheetsofsound.net

Archived from groups: rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz,rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio (More info?)

Right on!

Though my experiences with Sweetwater have not been good; I'm glad to hear
Presonus is keeping up with their reputation.

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:32:30 -0400, "Jack Zucker" <jaz@jackzucker.com>
wrote:

>You may remember I had a problem with my presonus firepod a couple weeks
>ago. I was the lucky recipient of 2 of the first 15 units. Apparently there
>was an issue with the firmware on those early units.
>
>Presonus read about my problems on the net and sent me a new unit which I
>received today. It installed without a hitch and is working great at 2ms
>latency.

What are the specs for the system you are using? What software are
you running? Do you have any specs on the noise level/threshold? Any
other specs you could share? I have been wondering about this unit,
and would like to read a good review from a user before I buy one.

Thanks,

Jim

Archived from groups: rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz,rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio (More info?)

Good to hear you issues were worked out in a manner you found reasonable.
Presonus is a good company run by smart people, and great customer service.

--
Nathan

'What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?'