D-LINK DIR-655 Dropping Connection

Susejchristo

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Hey guys, having some issues with this router. I've had it for a little over a year and its always been really good with internet connection, strength-wise and speed, never dropping below 95% and just a Megabyte or two off from my corded computer. I have a high end d-link network card in two other computers as well and they each experience the same problem. So something is up with the router. Frequently, when I connect this specific computer to the internet, it drops wireless signal completely and won't connect for any computer for a couple minutes. Then suddenly, out of the blue i'll regain connection. Also, i used to always get a strong 35 Mbps on wireless, which I still do on corded, but now i only do on rare occasion. Most of the time i'm stuck at 12 or 14 and even more often, it drops to 1 or 2. Very unstable. I have reset it it multiple times, along with my modem, still same old problem persists... If i'm forgetting anything information-wise, let me know and i'll be happy to tell you.

Thanks!