Moved and Need A New Wireless N Router

JM24

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Hi all, I'm new here so I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question.

I recently moved in with my older brother who lives in a 3 story town house. My bedroom is on the bottom floor and is in kind of a funk zone as far as wireless signal. Basically the connection is at an "almost - to barely connected" kind of thing. I asked him about it and he told me that getting a wireless N would fix the problem ( I'm guessing he's using G now).

Anyway, I'm looking for a decent wireless N router that might fix that problem. I'm hoping to spend in the 50 - 150$ range but I'd be willing to pay a little more if necessary.

As far as usage I'd be using it for a few things.

Iphone
PS3
Laptop

I am looking to get some decent strength because I like to stream videos from my Laptop to my PS3.

I'd definitely like to upgrade his router to an N router but if you guys also know of any adapters I might be able to use along with the N that would help that would also be appreciated.

RealBeast

Titan
You will probably get a much better result by adding an access point rather than by switching to a new N router.

Either run an Ethernet cable or use a pair of powerline adapters to get the network from his router to an inexpensive router configured as an AP on the bottom floor.