Fox News Beats ABC/CBS & NBC

Last response: in Home Audio
September 4, 2004 12:09:23 AM

As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week during
the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC
or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships
*combined*. 8 years ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart cable News
outfit. They are not laughing anymore. And even by combining their ratings
for MSNBC and the Parent NBC network, NBC was beaten by Foxc News Channel.

As a side note, MSNBC did beat CNN.

"Fox News beats all rivals at GOP ratings"

By CAROLINE WILBERT
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 09/03/04

Fox News was the winner in the TV ratings battle during the Republican National
Convention.

On Wednesday, for the second straight night, Fox beat out not only its cable
rivals but also broadcast networks.

In the 10 p.m. hour Wednesday, when all the networks were airing convention
coverage, Fox averaged a whopping 5.9 million viewers. NBC had 4.5 million, ABC
claimed 3.3 million and CBS got 2.6 million.

In another upset, MSNBC, usually the third-rated cable news network, was
beating CNN. CNN averaged 1.202 million viewers on Wednesday between 10 p.m.
and 11 p.m., compared to MSNBC's 1.214 million. It was the second straight
night that MSNBC beat CNN.

Final convention ratings numbers come out later today.

--------------------------------

The New York Times
"Faced With Poor Ratings, Networks Soul Search"
By BILL CARTER

Published: September 3, 2004

***Excerpt***

" Like Mr. Brokaw, a number of television executives yesterday blamed the
Republicans and Democrats for the networks' dwindling convention viewership.
But as the Fox News cable channel widened its lead in the convention ratings
race, other observers suggested that the networks needed to look within.

While Fox broadcast the convention for much of the day, the three networks
covered it only from 10 to 11 p.m.

Dorrance Smith, the longtime former ABC News executive who is now a television
consultant to the Republican National Convention, called Fox's dominance in the
ratings this week "truly a seminal event," and said that that development could
be interpreted as a serious threat to the identities of the broadcast news
operations.

"It never ceases to amaze me how the networks can continue to rationalize their
ongoing decline in both numbers and relevancy," Mr. Smith said. "The way that
we and the Democrats have programmed the 10 p.m. hour has reduced their impact
dramatically. By limiting their coverage, they are forced to show what the
conventions have programmed, and it has reduced to a bare minimum their ability
to react and opine."

Dan Rather, the CBS anchor, said that precisely that kind of stage managing had
helped reduce the networks' interest in the conventions. His team, he said, was
left to act less like journalists than like sports producers who show up at a
prepackaged event and turn on their cameras.

"Actually, in sports you can do more," Mr. Rather said. "You can say the
fullback missed a block. Here we don't even get to do that."

After beating the broadcast networks for the first time on Tuesday, Fox News
dominated viewership from 10 to 11 p.m. on Wednesday, when Vice President Dick
Cheney gave his acceptance speech. Fox not only pulled in more viewers than any
individual broadcast network, with 5.918 million, but also attracted more
viewers than CBS (2.6 million) and ABC (3.3 million) combined. NBC had 4.5
million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.

While many network news executives dismissed Fox's success as a function of its
warmth toward the Republicans, many admitted that the size of the audience
differential on Wednesday was startling.

"Any time you see a number of that magnitude you have to think about it," Neal
Shapiro, the president of NBC News, said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/03/arts/television/03net...
5200&en=d6de29b3bdc22942&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
September 4, 2004 12:09:24 AM

"WillStG" <willstg@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

Strangely enough, they beat all other networks in the amount of pure BS they
were spreading as well. That is why the lion's share of folks in this
country who were given false information and held pure BS to be verified
fact (after all, why would a news station lie?) got their false information
from Fox News.

jb

> [...]
> viewers than CBS (2.6 million) and ABC (3.3 million) combined. NBC had 4.5
> million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.
>
> While many network news executives dismissed Fox's success as a function
of its
> warmth toward the Republicans, many admitted that the size of the audience
> differential on Wednesday was startling.
>
> "Any time you see a number of that magnitude you have to think about it,"
Neal
> Shapiro, the president of NBC News, said."
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/03/arts/television/03net...
> 5200&en=d6de29b3bdc22942&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1
>

> Will Miho
> NY Music & TV Audio Guy
> Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
> "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits

Anonymous
September 4, 2004 12:09:24 AM

For those who didn't catch it last time:

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/Media_10_02_03_R...

jb

> [...]
>

> Will Miho
> NY Music & TV Audio Guy
> Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
> "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits

September 4, 2004 12:09:24 AM

"WillStG" <willstg@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it
> is worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my
> place of employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the
> ratings this week during the Republican National Convention. More
> people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox
> News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships *combined*. 8 years
> ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart cable News outfit.
> They are not laughing anymore. And even by combining their ratings
> for MSNBC and the Parent NBC network, NBC was beaten by Foxc News

Serves 'em right!

U.S. Network news has IMO long been a parody of reality. If you've ever been
on the inside of a real news story, you know that the network news reporting
of it is a travesty.

All that Fox did is add one layer of indirection, and produce a travesty
form of network news based on the travesty of of real news that network news
had long become.
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 12:09:25 AM

reddred wrote:

> Strangely enough, they beat all other networks in the amount of pure BS they
> were spreading as well.

Maybe a few of those people wanted to see Bono.

They probably thought Sonny came back to life.
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 12:16:39 AM

WillStG wrote:
> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week during
> the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC
> or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships
> *combined*.

So even more people are misinformed than ever before. Congratulations,
Joe Goebbels would be proud.

Fox News: Wholly without merit.
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 12:23:30 AM

The bad news is this means the convention was watched more by the faithful then
the curious.

---------------------------------------
September 4, 2004 1:05:15 AM

>egghd@aol.com (EggHd)
>The bad news is this means the convention was watched more by the faithful
then the curious.>

Can you support the notion that fewer people watched the RNC this year
than 4 years ago. Can you point to a different Demographic and what it means?
Although I admit a whole section of the convention was taunting the CNN people,
chanting "Watch Fox, Watch Fox" during their interviews on the floor. But
people voting with their feet is traditional in a Democracy, is it not?

My main point, I think the Network programming execs screwed up Big Time.
When members of both political parties have been calling this election "the
most important election in our lifetime", the decision by Network programmers
that the public was not interested, and that the events were not "news" and so
were unworthy of extended coverage was a big failure IMHO. They failed to
understand the public's interest, they failed to perform their traditional
over-the-air Broadcast public interest responsibilities, they failed to provide
programming free enough from snide remarks and condescention that a large
demographic of viewers would not seek alternatives.

During the President's speech last night I was at home watching and the 60
cycle hum we had on the line was driving me crazy. And yet we had a record
number of viewers. Sometimes it really *is* the song, and not how slick the
recording is.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
September 4, 2004 1:09:20 AM

"WillStG" <willstg@aol.comnospam> wrote in message ...

Political posts have been virtually non-existant in your absence.

How could one expect anything other than the official "mouth"
of the Republican party (the network which managed to achieve
the legal right to lie to the public) would have the most viewers
for this national Republican event?

Thanks for the few quiet days of reading...

DM
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 1:46:15 AM

> "David Morgan \(MAMS\)" mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com

>Political posts have been virtually non-existant in your absence.
>
>How could one expect anything other than the official "mouth"
>of the Republican party (the network which managed to achieve
>the legal right to lie to the public) would have the most viewers
>for this national Republican event?
>
>Thanks for the few quiet days of reading...

This thread is intended as news for the members of this group who are
*avoiding* the political threads David. But it is your friends on the left -
and you - who are making this into a political thread. Broadcast ratings are as
on topic in this newsgroup as the BIllboard charts are. Broadcast audio
engineers are as much part of the target group for this newsgroup as recordists
and manufacturer reps are.

The paradigm is shifting in the media, in the news business. This is
something worthy of note, and I would be remiss to let it go by unmentioned.
There are many dimensions IMO as to the meaning of Cable television superceding
Broadcast television worthy of consideration. To only see the meaning as being
political in nature is extremely narrow minded in my view.

I think the changes taking place affecting my segment of the audio
business has much in common with the Democratization of the recording business
that has affected all the studio owners and idependents recordists here.

For good or ill, it is "reality TV" David.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
September 4, 2004 2:08:38 AM

> The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote...
>
> Fox News was the winner in the TV ratings battle during the
> Republican National Convention.
>
> On Wednesday, for the second straight night, Fox beat out not
> only its cable rivals but also broadcast networks.
>
> In the 10 p.m. hour Wednesday, when all the networks were
> airing convention coverage, Fox averaged a whopping 5.9
> million viewers. NBC had 4.5 million, ABC claimed 3.3
> million and CBS got 2.6 million.
>
> In another upset, MSNBC, usually the third-rated cable news
> network, was beating CNN. CNN averaged 1.202 million
> viewers on Wednesday between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., compared
> to MSNBC's 1.214 million. It was the second straight night
> that MSNBC beat CNN.

Apparently only the people in this newsgroup believe that CNN is
anything other than a self-proclamed, full-blown leftist propaganda
outlet. The numbers clearly indicate where people go who are
interested in media that are not openly hostile to Republicans.
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 2:59:50 AM

Willstg wrote:

> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
>worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
>employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week.
More people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC
>or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships
>*combined*.

What was on...Simpsons' reruns?
September 4, 2004 5:35:31 AM

WillStG wrote:

> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week
> during
> the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC,
> NBC or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's
> viewerships
> *combined*. 8 years ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart cable
> News
> outfit. They are not laughing anymore. And even by combining their
> ratings
> for MSNBC and the Parent NBC network, NBC was beaten by Foxc News
> Channel.

Considering that Faux is the favorite network of the type of people who
would be expected to be most interested in watching a right wing
cheerleading rally, this should surprise no one.
September 4, 2004 12:12:54 PM

In article <W4c_c.92919$%n4.70092@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
agent86 <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote:

> WillStG wrote:
>
> > As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> > worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> > employment)

God what a low-life. Why are so many people so devoid of conscience
these days?

Greg
September 4, 2004 12:15:01 PM

In article <W4c_c.92919$%n4.70092@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
agent86 <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote:

> WillStG wrote:
>
> > As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> > worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> > employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week
> > during
> > the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC,
> > NBC or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's
> > viewerships
> > *combined*. 8 years ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart cable
> > News
> > outfit. They are not laughing anymore. And even by combining their
> > ratings
> > for MSNBC and the Parent NBC network, NBC was beaten by Foxc News
> > Channel.
>
> Considering that Faux is the favorite network of the type of people who
> would be expected to be most interested in watching a right wing
> cheerleading rally, this should surprise no one.

I agree it's very weird someone would think that was meaningful as a
plus for Faux News.

Greg
September 4, 2004 12:44:46 PM

In article <20040903174615.05710.00004155@mb-m14.aol.com>,
willstg@aol.comnospam (WillStG) wrote:

> > "David Morgan \(MAMS\)" mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com
>

> >Political posts have been virtually non-existant in your absence.
> >
> >How could one expect anything other than the official "mouth"
> >of the Republican party (the network which managed to achieve
> >the legal right to lie to the public) would have the most viewers
> >for this national Republican event?
> >
> >Thanks for the few quiet days of reading...
>
> This thread is intended as news for the members of this group who are
> *avoiding* the political threads David. But it is your friends on the left -
> and you - who are making this into a political thread. Broadcast ratings are
> as
> on topic in this newsgroup as the BIllboard charts are. Broadcast audio
> engineers are as much part of the target group for this newsgroup as
> recordists
> and manufacturer reps are.
>
> The paradigm is shifting in the media, in the news business. This is
> something worthy of note, and I would be remiss to let it go by unmentioned.
> There are many dimensions IMO as to the meaning of Cable television
> superceding
> Broadcast television worthy of consideration. To only see the meaning as
> being
> political in nature is extremely narrow minded in my view.
>
> I think the changes taking place affecting my segment of the audio
> business has much in common with the Democratization of the recording
> business
> that has affected all the studio owners and idependents recordists here.
>
> For good or ill, it is "reality TV" David.

Sheez, you definitely belong with Fox News.

Greg
September 4, 2004 3:56:30 PM

In article <10jijeno0nel1f9@corp.supernews.com>,
"Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote:

> > The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote...
> >
> > Fox News was the winner in the TV ratings battle during the
> > Republican National Convention.
> >
> > On Wednesday, for the second straight night, Fox beat out not
> > only its cable rivals but also broadcast networks.
> >
> > In the 10 p.m. hour Wednesday, when all the networks were
> > airing convention coverage, Fox averaged a whopping 5.9
> > million viewers. NBC had 4.5 million, ABC claimed 3.3
> > million and CBS got 2.6 million.
> >
> > In another upset, MSNBC, usually the third-rated cable news
> > network, was beating CNN. CNN averaged 1.202 million
> > viewers on Wednesday between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., compared
> > to MSNBC's 1.214 million. It was the second straight night
> > that MSNBC beat CNN.
>
> Apparently only the people in this newsgroup believe that CNN is
> anything other than a self-proclamed, full-blown leftist propaganda
> outlet. The numbers clearly indicate where people go who are
> interested in media that are not openly hostile to Republicans.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

you mean where wannabe facists go to get thier fix

George
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 3:58:32 PM

>Fox News Channel (my place of
>employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week
>during
>the Republican National Convention.

So the official network of the Republican Party attracted more Republicans than
other networks during the Republican Convention. Wear that one with pride,
Will.

Did you know that alcoholics drink more Budweiser than all flavors of Nestle
Quick combined?

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 4:59:40 PM

Gee, do you get a bonus for posting this here? WITHOUT an OT subject that
you just yelled at Pete about not more than two days ago?

Who couldn't beat the broadcast networks? They didn't cover the whole
evening on any evenings of either the Democratic nor Republican Conventions.
Do they have figures for C-Span?

Nevermind, don't answer. Please. Or maybe do, because it just goes to show
that more of America is dumber than you wish to accept. You think they are
smart for watching your network, and yet you somehow work for a network that
has no problems with giving all the Bush/Swift Boat Vets free airing of
their ads, over and over again without charge.

Your workplace is part of the problem, Will, not part of the solution.
Whether Kerry would be part of the solution remains to be seen if he gets
the chance, but devisive politics on the part of Fox isn't new. I realize
it pays your bills, and you have a job to do and a family to feed, but it
would be far better if you didn't appear here with the hook still stuck in
your cheek.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

> [...]
> viewers than CBS (2.6 million) and ABC (3.3 million) combined. NBC had 4.5
> million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.
>
> While many network news executives dismissed Fox's success as a function
of its
> warmth toward the Republicans, many admitted that the size of the audience
> differential on Wednesday was startling.
>
> "Any time you see a number of that magnitude you have to think about it,"
Neal
> Shapiro, the president of NBC News, said."
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/03/arts/television/03net...
> 5200&en=d6de29b3bdc22942&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1
>

> Will Miho
> NY Music & TV Audio Guy
> Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
> "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits

September 4, 2004 6:14:57 PM

>In article <W4c_c.92919$%n4.70092@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
> agent86 <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote:
>
>> WillStG wrote:
>>
>> > As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
>> > worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
>> > employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week
>> > during
>> > the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC,
>> > NBC or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's
>> > viewerships
>> > *combined*. 8 years ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart
>cable
>> > News
>> > outfit. They are not laughing anymore. And even by combining their
>> > ratings
>> > for MSNBC and the Parent NBC network, NBC was beaten by Foxc News
>> > Channel.
>>
>> Considering that Faux is the favorite network of the type of people who
>> would be expected to be most interested in watching a right wing
>> cheerleading rally, this should surprise no one.
>
>I agree it's very weird someone would think that was meaningful as a
>plus for Faux News.
>
>Greg

How do they do when the Superbowl's on?
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 6:14:58 PM

Mondoslug1 wrote:

> How do they do when the Superbowl's on?

Or when it was the Democratic convention?
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 8:32:01 PM

WillStG wrote:
> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts,
> it is worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my
> place of employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the
> ratings this week during the Republican National Convention.

That's really sad.

geoff
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 8:32:02 PM

Geoff Wood wrote:

> WillStG wrote:
>
>> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts,
>>it is worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my
>>place of employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the
>>ratings this week during the Republican National Convention.
>

> That's really sad.

Which, the ratings or the false and transparent "reasoning"
W.M. employed to make it on topic? This guy really does
deserve the job in the propaganda arm of the administration
that he so enjoys. On second thought, as we've all seen he
is not really very good at it.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 9:04:03 PM

Richard Crowley wrote:

> Apparently only the people in this newsgroup believe that CNN is
> anything other than a self-proclamed, full-blown leftist propaganda
> outlet. The numbers clearly indicate where people go who are
> interested in media that are not openly hostile to Republicans.

No, CNN just likes to report the facts that Repubs would just as soon
ignore. Thats why they like Fox. Fox DOES ignore these facts also. Like
how wonderful we made it for the Iraqis'. yeah, i'm sure they must just
love what we did for them. (..)

The Iraqi daily news:

At least 50 die in violence across Iraq
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/09/04/iraq.blast/in...

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Fighting and a suicide bombing killed at least 50
people across Iraq on Saturday.
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 1:55:11 AM

On 05 Sep 2004 02:02:36 GMT, willstg@aol.comnospam (WillStG) wrote:

>I have to say you are unable to even show basic professional courtesy anymore
>due to your partisan political bias.

WTF are you, neutral??? Give the hypocrisy a rest.

Al
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 9:15:06 AM

<< playon playon@comcast.net >>
<< WTF are you, neutral??? Give the hypocrisy a rest.

I was talking to Roger, who actually signs his name to his posts. I have
known him a lot longer than you, he's a big boy, and he certainly doesn't need
your posturing to protect him.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
September 6, 2004 1:24:19 AM

Richard Crowley wrote:

> Apparently only the people in this newsgroup believe that CNN is
> anything other than a self-proclamed, full-blown leftist propaganda
> outlet. The numbers clearly indicate where people go who are
> interested in media that are not openly hostile to Republicans.

Only one person.

OK, maybe two.
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 1:25:43 AM

Pete Dimsman wrote:

> BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Fighting and a suicide bombing killed at least 50
> people across Iraq on Saturday.

Or "homicide bombing", as FOX calls it.

Subtle.

NOT!
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 1:27:07 AM

"Roger W. Norman" wrote:

> Your workplace is part of the problem, Will, not part of the solution.
> Whether Kerry would be part of the solution remains to be seen if he gets
> the chance, but devisive politics on the part of Fox isn't new. I realize
> it pays your bills, and you have a job to do and a family to feed, but it
> would be far better if you didn't appear here with the hook still stuck in
> your cheek.

God, I wish I wrote that.
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 4:28:33 PM

I think of Fox News in the same way I think of the New York Post, ( both
owned by Rupert) , I look as I go by.
Still, "Headless Body In Topless Bar" is still one of the best headlines
ever.
My dog seems to like the Post and the Daily News. We play a game, I call
"Literary Critic". Whichever newspaper machine he pees on, wins.
Once he pooped in front of the News and
Saddam's daughter's were on the front page.
Too bad he can't vote!

Tom

> >egghd@aol.com (EggHd)
> >The bad news is this means the convention was watched more by the
faithful
> then the curious.>
>
> Can you support the notion that fewer people watched the RNC this
year
> than 4 years ago. Can you point to a different Demographic and what it
means?
> Although I admit a whole section of the convention was taunting the CNN
people,
> chanting "Watch Fox, Watch Fox" during their interviews on the floor.
But
> people voting with their feet is traditional in a Democracy, is it not?
>
> My main point, I think the Network programming execs screwed up Big
Time.
> When members of both political parties have been calling this election
"the
> most important election in our lifetime", the decision by Network
programmers
> that the public was not interested, and that the events were not "news"
and so
> were unworthy of extended coverage was a big failure IMHO. They failed to
> understand the public's interest, they failed to perform their traditional
> over-the-air Broadcast public interest responsibilities, they failed to
provide
> programming free enough from snide remarks and condescention that a large
> demographic of viewers would not seek alternatives.
>
> During the President's speech last night I was at home watching and
the 60
> cycle hum we had on the line was driving me crazy. And yet we had a
record
> number of viewers. Sometimes it really *is* the song, and not how slick
the
> recording is.
>
> Will Miho
> NY Music & TV Audio Guy
> Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
> "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 8:56:25 PM

>"Tommy B" mrtomm@earthlink.net

> My dog seems to like the Post and the Daily News. We play a game, I call
>"Literary Critic". Whichever newspaper machine he pees on, wins.

Reminds me of what I learned from having a kid. When he pees on you, it
means he loves you. <g>

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
September 6, 2004 9:49:17 PM

In article <20040906125625.16808.00000244@mb-m11.aol.com>,
willstg@aol.comnospam (WillStG) wrote:

> >"Tommy B" mrtomm@earthlink.net
>
> > My dog seems to like the Post and the Daily News. We play a game, I call
> >"Literary Critic". Whichever newspaper machine he pees on, wins.
>
> Reminds me of what I learned from having a kid. When he pees on you, it
> means he loves you. <g>

maybe that is why your a republican.
George
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 2:26:09 PM

willstg@aol.comnospam (WillStG) wrote in message news:<20040903160923.03318.00000126@mb-m17.aol.com>...
> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week during
> the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC
> or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships
> *combined*. 8 years ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart cable News
> outfit. They are not laughing anymore. And even by combining their ratings
> for MSNBC and the Parent NBC network, NBC was beaten by Foxc News Channel.
>
> As a side note, MSNBC did beat CNN.

So how were the ratings in comparison to that midget groom show (The
World's Littlest Groom?)?

If you drew more viewers than midget watchers, then you'd have
something you could really brag about...

Analogeezer
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 4:53:17 PM

In all honesty... Most people using outfoxed and such in their
arguments are the ones being hooked... The problem is the elite
media, not Fox News. Sure, FNC has some conservative viewpoints. They
have conservative hosts, but their NEWS is not biased, as opposed to
the nets and CNN. If you watch the actual newscasts, FNC presents the
facts ONLY. They present ALL stories, and all sides to the stories.
CNN, MSNBC, and the nets pick and choose what they want to run based
on whether is bolsters their agenda or not. Tis true.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 6:54:45 PM

> So how were the ratings in comparison to that midget groom show (The
> World's Littlest Groom?)?
>
> If you drew more viewers than midget watchers, then you'd have
> something you could really brag about...

You're right, I guess all the "smart" people were watching that :-)
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 8:06:46 PM

"bencon" <conway_1979@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In all honesty... Most people using outfoxed and such in their
> arguments are the ones being hooked... The problem is the elite
> media, not Fox News. Sure, FNC has some conservative viewpoints. They
> have conservative hosts, but their NEWS is not biased, as opposed to
> the nets and CNN. If you watch the actual newscasts, FNC presents the
> facts ONLY. They present ALL stories, and all sides to the stories.
> CNN, MSNBC, and the nets pick and choose what they want to run based
> on whether is bolsters their agenda or not. Tis true.

I agree with that statement, but be prepared to reap the wirlwind for your
point of view. You will be insulted and attacked for it.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 9:17:47 PM

On 7 Sep 2004 12:53:17 -0700, conway_1979@yahoo.com (bencon) wrote:

> If you watch the actual newscasts, FNC presents the
>facts ONLY. They present ALL stories, and all sides to the stories.

Rubbish. FOX routinely edits the news, by choosing to not report on
some stories at all.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 9:40:40 PM

Romeo Rondeau wrote:
> "bencon" <conway_1979@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>They
>>have conservative hosts, but their NEWS is not biased, as opposed to
>>the nets and CNN. If you watch the actual newscasts, FNC presents the
>>facts ONLY. They present ALL stories, and all sides to the stories.
>>CNN, MSNBC, and the nets pick and choose what they want to run based
>>on whether is bolsters their agenda or not. Tis true.
>

> I agree with that statement, but be prepared to reap the wirlwind for your
> point of view. You will be insulted and attacked for it.

Insulted? Attacked? Nah, just laughed at. I haven't read anything so
ridiculous in a while :-)
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 11:32:29 PM

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:23:29 -0700, S O'Neill <nopsam@nospam.net>
wrote:

>playon wrote:
>
>> On 7 Sep 2004 12:53:17 -0700, conway_1979@yahoo.com (bencon) wrote:
>>

>>>If you watch the actual newscasts, FNC presents the
>>>facts ONLY. They present ALL stories, and all sides to the stories.
>>

>> Rubbish. FOX routinely edits the news, by choosing to not report on
>> some stories at all.
>

>Since Jeb Bush has been caught red-handed trying to pilfer the voter
>rolls again, why the hell isn't election fraud all over the news?

The E-voting scandals and voter intimidation story should be big news,
but Americans are more interested in hearing Schwartzenegger talk
about "girlie men" than hearing about their democracy going down the
tubes.

Al
September 8, 2004 12:09:08 AM

In article <7cf6256f.0409071153.54e748fd@posting.google.com>,
conway_1979@yahoo.com (bencon) wrote:

> In all honesty... Most people using outfoxed and such in their
> arguments are the ones being hooked... The problem is the elite
> media, not Fox News. Sure, FNC has some conservative viewpoints. They
> have conservative hosts, but their NEWS is not biased, as opposed to
> the nets and CNN. If you watch the actual newscasts, FNC presents the
> facts ONLY. They present ALL stories, and all sides to the stories.
> CNN, MSNBC, and the nets pick and choose what they want to run based
> on whether is bolsters their agenda or not. Tis true.

ROTFLMFAO
please keep it up
I will submit your name to "Last Comic standing"
your good
George
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 12:09:09 AM

> > In all honesty... Most people using outfoxed and such in their
> > arguments are the ones being hooked... The problem is the elite
> > media, not Fox News. Sure, FNC has some conservative viewpoints. They
> > have conservative hosts, but their NEWS is not biased, as opposed to
> > the nets and CNN. If you watch the actual newscasts, FNC presents the
> > facts ONLY. They present ALL stories, and all sides to the stories.
> > CNN, MSNBC, and the nets pick and choose what they want to run based
> > on whether is bolsters their agenda or not. Tis true.
>
> ROTFLMFAO
> please keep it up
> I will submit your name to "Last Comic standing"
> your good

George, which part of his statement isn't true?
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 12:49:41 AM

>> So how were the ratings in comparison to that midget groom show (The
>> World's Littlest Groom?)?

The overall combined ratings for the nets and cable had 27.6 million people
watching President Bush's speech. That's about what watched the Grammies.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
September 8, 2004 12:49:42 AM

> >> So how were the ratings in comparison to that midget groom show (The
> >> World's Littlest Groom?)?
>
> The overall combined ratings for the nets and cable had 27.6 million
people
> watching President Bush's speech. That's about what watched the Grammies.

My eyes were glued to the RNC as much as the DNC. From what I gather, the
true "intellectual elite" in this country were watching people eat bugs on
another network, since only the dumb republicans (like myself) were watching
Fox. What's really amazing is the not only is Fox in a whole lot less
households than the networks, as a matter of fact they are in less
households than CNN. It speaks volumes about Fox. As far as them being
having biased news coverage, why is it that every day people accuse both
O'Reilly and Cavuto of being liberal? They consistently read letters on the
air where people accuse them of being both, most often for the same segment.
I've seen O'Reilly call conservatives on the carpet for saying or doing
something stupid as well as the liberals. Anybody who has watched Hannity
and Colmes knows that there are always two viewpoints expressed on the show.
Same thing goes for O'Reilly. I've even seen him agree with liberals at
times. He just says it how it is, plain and simple. It isn't his fault most
of his liberal guests (wow... two points of view!) don't usually have a leg
to stand on when they debate with him. His "no spin" policy takes a lot of
the wind out of their sails, especially when it's the only susbstance to
their argument. My own mother is liberal, she absolutely hates president
Bush, however her choice for cable news coverage is Fox News.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 1:12:36 AM

"WillStG" <willstg@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

> >> So how were the ratings in comparison to that midget groom show (The
> >> World's Littlest Groom?)?
>
> The overall combined ratings for the nets and cable had 27.6 million
people
> watching President Bush's speech. That's about what watched the Grammies.

So less than 10% of the American public thought that it was worth watching
this president in prime time... But I didn't watch the Grammies...
September 8, 2004 1:26:05 AM

In article <10js8n7q75ae6d2@corp.supernews.com>,
"Romeo Rondeau" <romeo@oakwoodrecordingstudio.com> wrote:

> > > In all honesty... Most people using outfoxed and such in their
> > > arguments are the ones being hooked... The problem is the elite
> > > media, not Fox News. Sure, FNC has some conservative viewpoints. They
> > > have conservative hosts, but their NEWS is not biased, as opposed to
> > > the nets and CNN. If you watch the actual newscasts, FNC presents the
> > > facts ONLY. They present ALL stories, and all sides to the stories.
> > > CNN, MSNBC, and the nets pick and choose what they want to run based
> > > on whether is bolsters their agenda or not. Tis true.
> >
> > ROTFLMFAO
> > please keep it up
> > I will submit your name to "Last Comic standing"
> > your good
>
> George, which part of his statement isn't true?

Why Bother
you see the truth only where people say what you like
Fox news is about entertainment and selling air time, just like the
other channels
they spin every angle to sell the time for the highest price regardless
of the truth
I like to get myh info from outside the USA It seems to portray the
world without thge Liberal/Conservitive baggage that in country news
carrys
george
George
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 2:06:23 AM

bencon wrote:

> If you watch the actual newscasts, FNC presents the
> facts ONLY. They present ALL stories, and all sides to the stories.
> CNN, MSNBC, and the nets pick and choose what they want to run based
> on whether is bolsters their agenda or not. Tis true.

I disagree.

Circle gets the square.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 2:10:41 AM

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

> My eyes were glued to the RNC as much as the DNC. From what I gather, the
> true "intellectual elite" in this country were watching people eat bugs on
> another network, since only the dumb republicans (like myself) were watching
> Fox.

C-SPAN is an excellent choice. They don't say a word the whole time.

It's a great way of really watching an event. And some of the things
they catch the audience saying are hysterical!
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 3:38:01 AM

> > I agree with that statement, but be prepared to reap the wirlwind for
your
> > point of view. You will be insulted and attacked for it.
>

> Insulted? Attacked? Nah, just laughed at. I haven't read anything so
> ridiculous in a while :-)

Thank you for making my point :-)
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 3:39:47 AM

> Romeo Rondeau wrote:
>
> > My eyes were glued to the RNC as much as the DNC. From what I gather,
the
> > true "intellectual elite" in this country were watching people eat bugs
on
> > another network, since only the dumb republicans (like myself) were
watching
> > Fox.
>

> C-SPAN is an excellent choice. They don't say a word the whole time.
>
> It's a great way of really watching an event. And some of the things
> they catch the audience saying are hysterical!

I watch C-SPAN as well, I like the call-ins, some of those folks are really
out there, although the network treats them with respect.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 3:44:57 AM

> The overall combined ratings for the nets and cable had 27.6 million
>people
>watching President Bush's speech. That's about what watched the Grammies.

I look at the grammies with about as much credibility as I look at Bush. LOL
!