Battlefield 2 Demo Released

"Paul Turnbull" <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:0wmqe.48483$G8.26333@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
>
> Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/

Andrew

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
<turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...

It has only just been put up!

>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
start?

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
> <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
>
> It has only just been put up!
>
> >Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
>
> I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
> What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
> start?

No problems downloading from server 3. Got a steady 200kb/s and I'm ready to
install now!

Paul Turnbull wrote:
> I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
>
> Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

It's only just gone up over the last couple of hours or so, I've been
checking periodically through the day. Limited to about 20kbps though.

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
>> <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
>>
>> It has only just been put up!
>>
>> >Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
>>
>> I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
>> What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
>> start?
>> --
>> Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
>
> No problems downloading from server 3. Got a steady 200kb/s and I'm ready
> install now!

Getting it from the main server. Alternates 1 & 2 are giving me a 'page not
found' error as soon as I click. Getting a decent download speed, about
3Mbit.

"Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Paul Turnbull" <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:Y1nqe.48503$G8.19020@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>
>> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message

>>> It has only just been put up!

>>> I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
>>> What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
>>> start?
>>> --
>>> Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
>>
>> No problems downloading from server 3. Got a steady 200kb/s and I'm ready
>> install now!
>
> Getting it from the main server. Alternates 1 & 2 are giving me a 'page
> not found' error as soon as I click. Getting a decent download speed,
> about 3Mbit.

Anybody know how to connect to a server without registering? EA stupidity
knows no bounds.

Andrew wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
> <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
>

> It has only just been put up!
>

>>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
>

> I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
> What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
> start?

http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=Battlefield_2_Demo.exe

shawk

"Jamie_Manic" <yeahbutno@slag.com> wrote in message
> Andrew wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
>> <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
>>

>> It has only just been put up!
>>

>>>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
>>

>> I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
>> What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
>> start?
>
> http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=Battlefield_2_Demo.exe

20kB/s on Filerush but not many seeds yet. Should speed up as it starts to
be distributed.

bioderm wrote:
> "Paul Turnbull" <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
>>
>>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
>>

> ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/

Well if it was there it ain't anymore!

> bioderm wrote:
> > "Paul Turnbull" <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
message

> >>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
> >>
> >>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
> >>

> > ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/
> >

> Well if it was there it ain't anymore!

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/battlefield2demo.exe

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
<turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
>
>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

Downloaded off Easynews. alt.binaries.games or alt.binaries.image
plus several other binary groups are carrying it.

However, my video card isn't supported. Everyone might check the
battlefield web site to see what cards are supported..

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

<Walker1940@removethis.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
> <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
>>
>>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
>>

> Downloaded off Easynews. alt.binaries.games or alt.binaries.image
> plus several other binary groups are carrying it.
>
> However, my video card isn't supported. Everyone might check the
> battlefield web site to see what cards are supported..

It's working with unsupported cards. "Supported" seems to just mean "we
tested it". "Unsupported" means "probably works, we never tried". For
example, they support the Radeon 800XT, but not the 850XT, but both work
fine.

Andrew

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:42:55 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

>I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
>What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
>start?

Sheesh, I left it running overnight, then this morning found the
download was corrupt. I downloaded it again from another site which
seems to install okay, but when I try to run the game I get a black
screen for a couple of seconds then back to the desktop.

Anyone know of an official forum for this demo?

Andrew

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:30:07 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

>Sheesh, I left it running overnight, then this morning found the
>download was corrupt. I downloaded it again from another site which
>seems to install okay, but when I try to run the game I get a black
>screen for a couple of seconds then back to the desktop.

In case anyone else gets this problem, I found the solution here:

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1669798