Battlefield 2 Demo Released

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...

Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
14 answers Last reply
More about battlefield demo released

    "Paul Turnbull" <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
    >
    > Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

    ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
    <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...

    It has only just been put up!

    >Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

    I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
    What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
    start?

    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
    > <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
    >
    > It has only just been put up!
    >
    > >Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
    >
    > I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
    > What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
    > start?

    No problems downloading from server 3. Got a steady 200kb/s and I'm ready to
    install now!

    Paul Turnbull wrote:
    > I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
    >
    > Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

    It's only just gone up over the last couple of hours or so, I've been
    checking periodically through the day. Limited to about 20kbps though.

    > "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
    >> <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
    >>
    >> It has only just been put up!
    >>
    >> >Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
    >>
    >> I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
    >> What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
    >> start?
    >> --
    >> Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
    >
    > No problems downloading from server 3. Got a steady 200kb/s and I'm ready
    > install now!

    Getting it from the main server. Alternates 1 & 2 are giving me a 'page not
    found' error as soon as I click. Getting a decent download speed, about
    3Mbit.

    "Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "Paul Turnbull" <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    > message news:Y1nqe.48503$G8.19020@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    >>
    >> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message

    >>> It has only just been put up!

    >>> I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
    >>> What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
    >>> start?
    >>> --
    >>> Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
    >>
    >> No problems downloading from server 3. Got a steady 200kb/s and I'm ready
    >> install now!
    >
    > Getting it from the main server. Alternates 1 & 2 are giving me a 'page
    > not found' error as soon as I click. Getting a decent download speed,
    > about 3Mbit.

    Anybody know how to connect to a server without registering? EA stupidity
    knows no bounds.

    http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=Battlefield_2_Demo.exe

    "Jamie_Manic" <yeahbutno@slag.com> wrote in message
    > Andrew wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
    >> <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
    >>

    >> It has only just been put up!
    >>

    >>>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
    >>

    >> I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
    >> What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
    >> start?
    >
    > http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=Battlefield_2_Demo.exe

    20kB/s on Filerush but not many seeds yet. Should speed up as it starts to
    be distributed.

    bioderm wrote:
    > "Paul Turnbull" <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
    >>
    >>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
    >>

    > ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/

    Well if it was there it ain't anymore!

    > bioderm wrote:
    > > "Paul Turnbull" <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    message

    > >>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
    > >>
    > >>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
    > >>

    > > ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/
    > >

    > Well if it was there it ain't anymore!

    ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/battlefield2demo.exe

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
    <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
    >
    >Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

    Downloaded off Easynews. alt.binaries.games or alt.binaries.image
    plus several other binary groups are carrying it.

    However, my video card isn't supported. Everyone might check the
    battlefield web site to see what cards are supported..

    <Walker1940@removethis.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:13:48 GMT, "Paul Turnbull"
    > <turnbull2000*nojunkmail*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here...
    >>
    >>Get it from http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
    >>

    > Downloaded off Easynews. alt.binaries.games or alt.binaries.image
    > plus several other binary groups are carrying it.
    >
    > However, my video card isn't supported. Everyone might check the
    > battlefield web site to see what cards are supported..

    It's working with unsupported cards. "Supported" seems to just mean "we
    tested it". "Unsupported" means "probably works, we never tried". For
    example, they support the Radeon 800XT, but not the 850XT, but both work
    fine.

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:42:55 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

    >I couldn't get it from there. I am getting mine from worthplaying.com.
    >What a shambles of a demo release though, why no torrent from the
    >start?

    Sheesh, I left it running overnight, then this morning found the
    download was corrupt. I downloaded it again from another site which
    seems to install okay, but when I try to run the game I get a black
    screen for a couple of seconds then back to the desktop.

    Anyone know of an official forum for this demo?

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:30:07 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

    >Sheesh, I left it running overnight, then this morning found the
    >download was corrupt. I downloaded it again from another site which
    >seems to install okay, but when I try to run the game I get a black
    >screen for a couple of seconds then back to the desktop.

    In case anyone else gets this problem, I found the solution here:

    http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1669798

PC gaming Battlefield Games IBM Video Games