I recently put together a new computer, running on Gigabyte Z77X-D3H board http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4...
System is using the built-in adapter, Atheros GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit), to connect to the 2Wire gateway then to the internet.
Note: connected via hard wiring, all wireless support and features are disabled both on the 2Wire and the main board within the bios, running only 1 computer (device) at a time.
O/S: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.
My service is AT&T u-verse.
This may be a Windows 7 problem and on my end, but I am not sure how to solve it.
Basically, the whole internet just cuts out for a few seconds, all of it, the green lights on the 2Wire Gateway go out, only the power light stays on, sometimes the red light comes on for a couple seconds. This happens intermittently every 8-12 hours of use.
The problem does not happen on my old system, which is running Windows Vista Home Premium 64. It is isolated to the new machine. Also, when it happens, rest of my system works just fine. Most commonly it occurs when running games, lately, while me and my family take turns at GW2, we all experienced it when we do instances. It handles those huge dynamic multi player events just fine, but it cuts out like crazy in the dungeons.
Things I have tried doing so far without any success:
1. Went through all the network settings via the control panel
2. Double and triple checked firewall settings, note both the vista and win7 machine are running comodo and there does not seem anything within comodo which would affect this.
3. Went to Microsoft support, but cant find anything concrete applicable to my situation.
4. Tried Google all sorts of info, again nothing that would apply to my case.
5. Double re-installed the network drivers.
6. Did a BIOS flash on my mobo.
I am leaning towards it being something with windows 7 or this network adapter in this board, since as I said, the problem occurs only on the new and not the old system.
So if someone could let me know of some settings somewhere within win 7 which I should check, or have any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it.