Are fanboys capable to like two things at once?

It's either PC or consoles for them. When they like consoles, it's
Sony or Microsoft, it's never both. They're trying to convince
everyone that their chosen system is the best of the best, the
end-of-all system. Kind of like a religion for losers. They can't
seem to enjoy both. With all the time and effort they displayed their
contempt over the other system they didn't buy, it sounds more like
they're threatened by it.

There's also the idiots who kept starting up the "death of PC" thread
every few days. Everytime a console does something good, these losers
are immediately threatened and take the news to the extreme. "oh my
gawd!! Consoles now have HDTV resolution!! what will happen to us??
pc is dead!! help us!!"

There's also the biggest loser of them all, the ones I call the
"corporate zombies". To them, it's Sony all the way or Microsoft all
the way. They don't have any affiliation with the company, they just
pledge their allegiance to them. These are very weak-minded morons.

"Riddick" <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It's either PC or consoles for them. When they like consoles, it's
> Sony or Microsoft, it's never both. They're trying to convince
> everyone that their chosen system is the best of the best, the
> end-of-all system. Kind of like a religion for losers. They can't
> seem to enjoy both. With all the time and effort they displayed their
> contempt over the other system they didn't buy, it sounds more like
> they're threatened by it.
>
> There's also the idiots who kept starting up the "death of PC" thread
> every few days. Everytime a console does something good, these losers
> are immediately threatened and take the news to the extreme. "oh my
> gawd!! Consoles now have HDTV resolution!! what will happen to us??
> pc is dead!! help us!!"
>
> There's also the biggest loser of them all, the ones I call the
> "corporate zombies". To them, it's Sony all the way or Microsoft all
> the way. They don't have any affiliation with the company, they just
> pledge their allegiance to them. These are very weak-minded morons.

You'll probably get flamed by some folks, but I think the above is a good
post that pretty much tells it as it is. When it comes to games and
consoles, who cares what people think is "better", or what platforms will
survive or not? At the end of the day, people will buy what brings them
enjoyment. There's no "right" or "wrong" - we're all unique individuals who
have likes and dislikes just the same as the next person. The "corporate
zombies" concern me too...while I have a dislike of Sony after having a lot
of trouble with their consumer electronics years ago, I recognize that it's
to the benefit of consumers if we have choice available to us. I don't care
what console has the most powerful hardware either - it's the quality of
games that really count. Eye candy doesn't mean a lot if a game isn't fun
to play.

I heard that "Riddick" <chromallly@yahoo.com> said:

> Kind of like a religion for losers.

Were you around usenet during the heat of the Star Destroyer vs.
Enterprise D flamewars? I promise that the console wars look like a
minor skirmish compared to that horror...

"Riddick" <chromallly@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje
> It's either PC or consoles for them. When they like consoles, it's

great post :)

Clay Cahill <cacahill@pacbell.net> once tried to test me with:

> I heard that "Riddick" <chromallly@yahoo.com> said:
>
>> Kind of like a religion for losers.
>
> Were you around usenet during the heat of the Star Destroyer vs.
> Enterprise D flamewars? I promise that the console wars look like a
> minor skirmish compared to that horror...

Dreadnaught Class Starfleet vessel could easily take out a Star Destroyer.
No contest dude! They got photon torpedos!!!1 EVERYONE KNOWS THAT STAR
DESTROYERS DO NOT HAVE PHOTON TORPEDOES!!!!!1!!11ONE!

But I think the Death Star could take out a Star Base.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

On 11 Jun 2005 21:21:01 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

>Clay Cahill <cacahill@pacbell.net> once tried to test me with:
>

>> I heard that "Riddick" <chromallly@yahoo.com> said:
>>
>>> Kind of like a religion for losers.
>>
>> Were you around usenet during the heat of the Star Destroyer vs.
>> Enterprise D flamewars? I promise that the console wars look like a
>> minor skirmish compared to that horror...
>
>Dreadnaught Class Starfleet vessel could easily take out a Star Destroyer.
>No contest dude!

Currect. The Star Destroyer had a critically bad design flaw, with an
exposed shield generator. Once they get taken out, the ISD becomes
mincemeat against the phasors.

>They got photon torpedos!!!1

So do the X-Wings/Tie Bombers. And since ISDs can launch six bombers at
once, Enterprise D is bound to receive a few hits. It might not be much
damage, but enough to cause worry.

The Hydran fighters can be dangerous enough, as they are usually equipped
with one heavy weapon. They're easy to take out, but

>But I think the Death Star could take out a Star Base.

Death Star can take out anything - it's a superweapon class vessel. (Maybe
a Ringworld or Dyson Sphere could survive an attack, but anything smaller
can get nailed in one hit.)

The only thing it has trouble against is Fighter-class vessels, as
determined by the movie (two times.)

Clay Cahill <cacahill@pacbell.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>I heard that "Riddick" <chromallly@yahoo.com> said:
>
>> Kind of like a religion for losers.
>
>Were you around usenet during the heat of the Star Destroyer vs.
>Enterprise D flamewars? I promise that the console wars look like a
>minor skirmish compared to that horror...

Bah, the Skylark of Valeron would take them both out in seconds, at a
range of several thousand light years.

Xocyll

In article <1118467060.269353.112760@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Riddick <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote:
#There's also the idiots who kept starting up the "death of PC" thread
#every few days.

The corporate types are competing for consumer's Christmas 2005 $$$, and
in their view, little Tommy is gonna ask Mommy for either their console,
a competitor's console, or a nVIDIA 6800GT. Mommy ain't gonna buy them
all.

#There's also the biggest loser of them all, the ones I call the
#"corporate zombies". To them, it's Sony all the way or Microsoft all
#the way. They don't have any affiliation with the company, they just
#pledge their allegiance to them. These are very weak-minded morons.

There will always be the fanbois who actually believe the hype and the
press releases like cutscenes promoted as gameplay, "better than PC"
video claims, etc., etc. I just wish they'd stay out of this group.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS offices!

On 13 Jun 2005 19:44:02 +0200, stePH <acetheta@earthlink.net> wrote:

>bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote in
>
>>>They got photon torpedos!!!1
>>
>> So do the X-Wings/Tie Bombers. And since ISDs can launch six bombers at
>> once, Enterprise D is bound to receive a few hits. It might not be much
>> damage, but enough to cause worry.
>
>I've noticed the distinct absence of fighters in the Star Trek universe;
>seems it's all capital ships there.

Hydrans have fighters, and used it as in intergral part of fleet operations
- generally, they can increase firepower by 300% and divert attention from
the main vessel.

There's basically three fighters:

Stinger-1 (ST-1) - these attrission units are built fast and cheap,
equipped with a Phaser 3 and Fusion beam. The phaser class is ineffective
at anything but close range combat, and is merely a way to support the
close-range fusion cannon.

Stinger-2 (ST-2) - a heavier fighter that is faster and stronger. It is
equipped with a Gatling Phaser and Fusion Beam. The Gatling phaser is
dangerous by itself, as it fires four times as quickly as a Phaser 3. A
fighter squadron that comes in close enough can basically penetrate the
shields of a heavy capital ship and start hitting criticals.

Stinger-H (ST-H) - a modified ST-2 with a hellbore cannon rather than a
Fusion beam. This is intended for longer-ranged engagements to soften up
the shields of the target.

The Lyrans have the ESG, which helps keep these fighters at a distance.
This generally prevents the Phaser-G from doing too much damage as it has
to be fired out of effective weapon range.

stePH <acetheta@earthlink.net> once tried to test me with:

> bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote in
>
>>>They got photon torpedos!!!1
>>
>> So do the X-Wings/Tie Bombers. And since ISDs can launch six bombers
>> at once, Enterprise D is bound to receive a few hits. It might not
>> be much damage, but enough to cause worry.
>
> I've noticed the distinct absence of fighters in the Star Trek
> universe; seems it's all capital ships there.

Maybe the weapons in star trek universe are too large to fit in a fighter.
But some of the ships are pretty small, wasn't the one in DS9 with the
cloaking device (a Federation ship) pretty small, Defiance or something or
other?

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Raymond Martineau wrote:
> Stinger-1 (ST-1) - these attrission units are built fast and cheap,

What's "attrission"? Is it a fuel type? Or does it describe the
firepower, hull material, pilot race, purpose, manouverability?

Or is it the same as "attrition"?

stePH <acetheta@earthlink.net> looked up from reading the entrails of

>bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote in
>
>>>They got photon torpedos!!!1
>>
>> So do the X-Wings/Tie Bombers. And since ISDs can launch six bombers at
>> once, Enterprise D is bound to receive a few hits. It might not be much
>> damage, but enough to cause worry.
>
>I've noticed the distinct absence of fighters in the Star Trek universe;
>seems it's all capital ships there.

I'm not particularly up on the Star Trek universe, but i'd theorize that
it's because fighters are too small to have warp capability.

Since all the big ships have warp capability and can use it in seconds,
fighters would be pretty useless except in times when warp couldn't be
used.

For defense of a planet/starbase/whatever where the enemy has to come
into their range, they could be pretty useful.

For offense, the target they're going after could just hit warp for a
few seconds and the fighters are left behind.
Now does the warp capable carrier craft pursue immediately or wait to
load up the deployed fighters first?

Xocyll