Waiting to Play Half Life 2

After Holding off a bit, I purchased Half Life 2 on Ebay for $28.50
and hopefully will be playing it Tomorrow when its due to come.
I mostly Play FPS Games Like Far Cry, Call Of Duty and Halo being my
Top 3 at the Moment. I am sure from the Reviews I will be adding HL2 To
this list. The Havoc Physics Engine that it uses I experienced while
Playing Mercenaries on the PS2 and can honestly say that its quite
Impressive. Any Other Games that Have this Technology Currently?

Andrew

On 11 Jun 2005 00:08:28 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:

>Any Other Games that Have this Technology Currently?

Several games license Havok, like UT2004, Postal 2, Painkiller. HL2
takes in game physics to the next level though.

On 11 Jun 2005 00:08:28 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:

>After Holding off a bit, I purchased Half Life 2 on Ebay for $28.50
>and hopefully will be playing it Tomorrow when its due to come.

Used or brand-new (original seal) ?

If used, forget it unless the seller turned over his/her complete
Steam account and password to you. If not, the CDs should make very
pretty wall-hangings and the seller laughs all the way to the bank,
since he/she still has full use of the game.

Buying HL2 on Ebay is not a recommended practice.....

John Lewis

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 07:19:18 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

>On 11 Jun 2005 00:08:28 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
>
>>Any Other Games that Have this Technology Currently?
>
>Several games license Havok, like UT2004, Postal 2, Painkiller.

UT2004 (and derivatives) use Karma.

>HL2 takes in game physics to the next level though.

First one to rely on the physics as a gameplay element as well. Other
games simply use it for rag dolls, or to have things bounce around
properly.

Even if brand - new, expecting to play it the same day with anything less
than T3 connectivity is a bit of a stretch, imo.

I Recieved the cd's and I realise that steam is not letting me in
because of the CD-KEY Was already used. Well as they said in Wargames,
there are ways around that.

On 16 Jun 2005 12:47:21 -0700, SamuelF566@gmail.com wrote:

>I Recieved the cd's and I realise that steam is not letting me in
>because of the CD-KEY Was already used. Well as they said in Wargames,
>there are ways around that.

Let us know how you succeed. You will never be able to play any
of the contents on-line. And you might have problems with SP anyway,
since you can't download any of the patches available since the game
was released. They are ONLY available via Steam.

And recover your payment ( + postage) from PayPal -----
ha, ha, ha.... best of luck with that........... You have been
swindled.

EBay =====>> Caveat Emptor ( Latin: Let the buyer beware )

BTW, you could have picked up a perfectly legit copy at Fry's; where
it has been periodically on sale at either $34.99 or $37.99. My local
EBX shoveled six copies of the Collector's Edition out the door
for $29.99 a few weeks ago. Taking up too much shelf-space and
they were not selling.

John Lewis

John Lewis wrote:
> On 16 Jun 2005 12:47:21 -0700, SamuelF566@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >I Recieved the cd's and I realise that steam is not letting me in
> >because of the CD-KEY Was already used. Well as they said in Wargames,
> >there are ways around that.
>
> Let us know how you succeed. You will never be able to play any
> of the contents on-line. And you might have problems with SP anyway,
> since you can't download any of the patches available since the game
> was released. They are ONLY available via Steam.

No they're not. They've all been cracked, and are available via
BitTorrent.

Laszlo

TRENDING THREADS