Laptop slow connection no matter what network

TechHerUp

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Hi I have an HP laptop that I've owned for about 2-3 years now. Within this past year my laptop has had issues connecting to my school's wifi, meaning it would time out before the school's login page would load therefore unable to use. (No matter what browser I use.) Then I began to realize that no matter where I am in my house, my connection is slow. It takes forever for a 4 minute youtube video to load. I've never had this bad of an issue. The internet hasn't changed in my house, I have cleaned, defragged, and made sure all drivers on my laptop were updated, but yet no change.
More specifically I have a HP G60 Notebook PC with 3 GB of RAM, running Win 7 64-bit, display adapter type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, and Network Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter.

I'm not sure what other information might be needed but I am curious if there's anything I can do whether it's with software or hardware.

Download a copy of Ubuntu and burn it to a CD, or to a flash drive. Boot it up and run it as a live disk (If you've never used Ubuntu before, it will give you the option to run it live, or actually install it to the hard drive when you boot from it). Once the live instance is up and running, try streaming something on Youtube, or do anything else that you noticed was slow before. It *should* have the required drivers for your wireless, and Firefox is already set up.