BattleField 2. Will it only work from gamespay ???

BattleField 2. Will it only work from gamespay ???

Becuase it wont work running the Icon on the desktop just tries to
load and dies ?

Is their an Error log so i can track down the problem ??

Thanks.

"Jill haoulder" <43434.com.au> wrote in message news:iqnoa1hkfkb4v7uqf79r7qfei9no07vgi0@4ax.com...

> BattleField 2. Will it only work from gamespay ???
>
> Becuase it wont work running the Icon on the desktop just tries to
> load and dies ?
>
> Is their an Error log so i can track down the problem ??
>
> Thanks.

Hmm, so it runs fine when starting from Gamespy but not from the icon? I wonder
what it is doing differently.

Try deleting or renaming the files in the movie folder. Go to the install folder/mods/bf2/movies,
and rename these files (I just put a 1 at the front of each name).
4 files with 'demo' in the name,
and 3 more, each with these words in the name.
'dice'
'ea'
'nvidia'

7 files total

If this does not work, try renaming all of them in the folder. I have no more ideas!