A Political question

Last response: in Home Audio
September 4, 2004 9:07:32 PM

Honest, I will neither quote Rodney King or ask y'all to quit searching for
converts to your own beliefs. But when I gave up on RAP over a year ago, it
was because of the personal attacks. That has not gotten substantially
better, I'm afraid; maybe y'all are used to it, but coming back into this
group after a year, it's fairly obnoxious. But hey, whatever y'all need to
do for your own pleasure, I guess...

Anyway, there are a number of people on this newsgroup who have worked
either in the media or doing live sound for political rallies. Can we talk
about that for a while? For example, when doing sound reinforcement for a
major candidate (that is, one who's running for national office):, or when
doing interviews either on or off air.

How specific are the candidates advance people regarding equipment?
What accommodations do you have to make for the press?
What's the usual lead time with this sort of a gig?
Does it pay worth a damn?
How much of a problem are security issues?
Do security concerns substantially increase load in and teardown time?
Are background screenings done on the principals of the company or the crew
(I've read about this a little)?
Where do you buy those triple clips for SM57's?
What (if any) gear is provided by the client?

I'd rather learn about this than listen to y'all yell at each other...
--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

More about : political question

September 4, 2004 9:30:23 PM

This is in refrence to a GW speech I provided live sound for 12,000 at
fort drum ny

> How specific are the candidates advance people regarding equipment?

It is a bid and whca(white house communications ) looks over the systems
and decides on the one they feel would work best, but no equipment rider
is provided

> What accommodations do you have to make for the press?

none, the networks come self suffiucent but ALL audio passes through a
mixer under direct control by whca prior to distribution to either the
main pa system or press

> What's the usual lead time with this sort of a gig?

72 hours from inital contact to GW leaving the site

> Does it pay worth a damn?
it is a bid situation not a fixed pay scale, generally the lowest legit
bid will win

> How much of a problem are security issues?

out of your control. you do what your told

> Do security concerns substantially increase load in and teardown time?

no, security shows up the morning of the event a kicks everybody off
site, then they sweep the venue for bombs with dogs/ and dectators ,
only after the site is cleared are you allowed back in and then
addmision is very well checked and secure

> Are background screenings done on the principals of the company or the crew
> (I've read about this a little)?

yes as part of the bid you need to supply names address and ss# for
everyone on your staff, what they check , I dont know

> Where do you buy those triple clips for SM57's?

at least for the president they are supplied , the president uses ONLY
whca mics he will never risk using something that is not in direct
control of Whca
> What (if any) gear is provided by the client?

every thing that would be considered "head end" Whca sends feeds to the
PA and I assume to the press

George
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 9:31:38 PM

Maybe try yer post at ng alt.audio.pro.live-sound...
-bg-

--
www.thelittlecanadaheadphoneband.ca
www.lchb.ca

"Dave Martin" <dmainc@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:o Dm_c.5681$Vl5.5353@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Honest, I will neither quote Rodney King or ask y'all to quit searching
for
> converts to your own beliefs. But when I gave up on RAP over a year ago,
it
> was because of the personal attacks. That has not gotten substantially
> better, I'm afraid; maybe y'all are used to it, but coming back into this
> group after a year, it's fairly obnoxious. But hey, whatever y'all need to
> do for your own pleasure, I guess...
>
> Anyway, there are a number of people on this newsgroup who have worked
> either in the media or doing live sound for political rallies. Can we talk
> about that for a while? For example, when doing sound reinforcement for a
> major candidate (that is, one who's running for national office):, or when
> doing interviews either on or off air.
>
> How specific are the candidates advance people regarding equipment?
> What accommodations do you have to make for the press?
> What's the usual lead time with this sort of a gig?
> Does it pay worth a damn?
> How much of a problem are security issues?
> Do security concerns substantially increase load in and teardown time?
> Are background screenings done on the principals of the company or the
crew
> (I've read about this a little)?
> Where do you buy those triple clips for SM57's?
> What (if any) gear is provided by the client?
>
> I'd rather learn about this than listen to y'all yell at each other...
> --
> Dave Martin
> Java Jive Studio
> Nashville, TN
> www.javajivestudio.com

September 4, 2004 10:31:03 PM

"**bg**" <info@thelittlecanadaheadphoneband.ca> wrote in message
> Maybe try yer post at ng alt.audio.pro.live-sound...
> -bg-

Why would I do that? I'm not trying to give THEM something new to discuss...

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

"George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:g.p.gleason-
> > How specific are the candidates advance people regarding equipment?
>
> It is a bid and whca(white house communications ) looks over the systems
> and decides on the one they feel would work best, but no equipment rider
> is provided

So you get a phone call asking you to bid on the job? How detailed is the
bid requirement?
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 10:31:05 PM

"George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:g.p.gleason-

> > What accommodations do you have to make for the press?
>
> none, the networks come self suffiucent but ALL audio passes through a
> mixer under direct control by whca prior to distribution to either the
> main pa system or press

Ah - so what's provided to you? One line? a stereo pair? Or does that mean
that you just bring racks and stacks - no FOH at all?

> > What's the usual lead time with this sort of a gig?
>
> 72 hours from inital contact to GW leaving the site

Yikes. I guess that means that either you're available or your not - there's
not a lot of time to pull something together...

> > Does it pay worth a damn?
> it is a bid situation not a fixed pay scale, generally the lowest legit
> bid will win

Hmm - that leads to some interesting questions about putting this sort of
bid together, but probably not now...

> > Do security concerns substantially increase load in and teardown time?
>
> no, security shows up the morning of the event a kicks everybody off
> site, then they sweep the venue for bombs with dogs/ and dectators ,
> only after the site is cleared are you allowed back in and then
> addmision is very well checked and secure

Is the site cleared before your setup? Or after?

> > Where do you buy those triple clips for SM57's?
>
> at least for the president they are supplied , the president uses ONLY
> whca mics he will never risk using something that is not in direct
> control of Whca

Dang - I could think of a couple of circumstances where they might be cool
to have around- the 3 57's look so 'official'...

> > What (if any) gear is provided by the client?
>
> every thing that would be considered "head end" Whca sends feeds to the
> PA and I assume to the press

Thanks! This is most interesting...

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

In article <IRn_c.5735$Vl5.5162@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Dave Martin" <dmainc@earthlink.net> wrote:

> "George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:g.p.gleason-
> > > How specific are the candidates advance people regarding equipment?
> >
> > It is a bid and whca(white house communications ) looks over the systems
> > and decides on the one they feel would work best, but no equipment rider
> > is provided
> >
> So you get a phone call asking you to bid on the job? How detailed is the
> bid requirement?

all I was told was location , time and venue/audience size
though they did spec the follow spots
but no audio spec
george
September 4, 2004 10:50:34 PM

In article <JRn_c.5736$Vl5.4832@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Dave Martin" <dmainc@earthlink.net> wrote:

> "George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:g.p.gleason-
>
> > > What accommodations do you have to make for the press?
> >
> > none, the networks come self suffiucent but ALL audio passes through a
> > mixer under direct control by whca prior to distribution to either the
> > main pa system or press
>
> Ah - so what's provided to you? One line? a stereo pair? Or does that mean
> that you just bring racks and stacks - no FOH at all?

as the sound provider you only route and amplify the signal whca sens
you, ours was a mono main and a mono back up
that is the reason for multi mics as well
not better coverage , but rather a back up for the main mic

> > > What's the usual lead time with this sort of a gig?
> >
> > 72 hours from inital contact to GW leaving the site
> >
> Yikes. I guess that means that either you're available or your not - there's
> not a lot of time to pull something together...

no the president does not make his visits public knowledge until just
before they happen
we had to reaarange two other jobs and redeply 6 key people from other
sites to the fort drum locaton, it was 17,000$ worth of work and had to
be beyond perfect
I only use "A" quality techs. each able to design, set up and operate
the entire system
it was a huge challenge

> > > Does it pay worth a damn?
> > it is a bid situation not a fixed pay scale, generally the lowest legit
> > bid will win
>
> Hmm - that leads to some interesting questions about putting this sort of
> bid together, but probably not now...
> >

> > > Do security concerns substantially increase load in and teardown time?
> >
> > no, security shows up the morning of the event a kicks everybody off
> > site, then they sweep the venue for bombs with dogs/ and dectators ,
> > only after the site is cleared are you allowed back in and then
> > addmision is very well checked and secure
>
> Is the site cleared before your setup? Or after?

after set up, but before audience comes in set up had to be ready the
night prior to the speech

> > > Where do you buy those triple clips for SM57's?
> >
> > at least for the president they are supplied , the president uses ONLY
> > whca mics he will never risk using something that is not in direct
> > control of Whca
>
> Dang - I could think of a couple of circumstances where they might be cool
> to have around- the 3 57's look so 'official'...
>
> > > What (if any) gear is provided by the client?
> >
> > every thing that would be considered "head end" Whca sends feeds to the
> > PA and I assume to the press
> >
> Thanks! This is most interesting...

I can send pictures if you have a fast connection and lots of spare
room in your email
contact me at
bmoas@yahoo.com
George
September 5, 2004 12:49:15 AM

A good friend of mine is one of the few that has white house clearance A
videographer. He worked his way up through the Olympics and just
started to know the right people. He owns his own camera and no one asks
him anything except to show up. I don't know what he makes but i know he
owns a big house in Newport Beach CA. He took big steps up in pay from a
job that was paying $400 plus a day back about 10 years ago.

Dave Martin wrote:

> Honest, I will neither quote Rodney King or ask y'all to quit searching for
> converts to your own beliefs. But when I gave up on RAP over a year ago, it
> was because of the personal attacks. That has not gotten substantially
> better, I'm afraid; maybe y'all are used to it, but coming back into this
> group after a year, it's fairly obnoxious. But hey, whatever y'all need to
> do for your own pleasure, I guess...
>
> Anyway, there are a number of people on this newsgroup who have worked
> either in the media or doing live sound for political rallies. Can we talk
> about that for a while? For example, when doing sound reinforcement for a
> major candidate (that is, one who's running for national office):, or when
> doing interviews either on or off air.
>
> How specific are the candidates advance people regarding equipment?
> What accommodations do you have to make for the press?
> What's the usual lead time with this sort of a gig?
> Does it pay worth a damn?
> How much of a problem are security issues?
> Do security concerns substantially increase load in and teardown time?
> Are background screenings done on the principals of the company or the crew
> (I've read about this a little)?
> Where do you buy those triple clips for SM57's?
> What (if any) gear is provided by the client?
>
> I'd rather learn about this than listen to y'all yell at each other...
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 2:06:52 AM

It does indeed sound as though you've got excellent techs. Except that I'm
not on a high speed connection, I'd love to see what you set up for a $17K
gig... Does your company have a web site that I could browse through?

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

> no the president does not make his visits public knowledge until just
> before they happen
> we had to reaarange two other jobs and redeply 6 key people from other
> sites to the fort drum locaton, it was 17,000$ worth of work and had to
> be beyond perfect
> I only use "A" quality techs. each able to design, set up and operate
> the entire system
> it was a huge challenge
>

> I can send pictures if you have a fast connection and lots of spare
> room in your email
> contact me at
> bmoas@yahoo.com
> George
September 5, 2004 2:38:53 AM

In article <00r_c.5926$Vl5.1250@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Dave Martin" <dmainc@earthlink.net> wrote:

> It does indeed sound as though you've got excellent techs. Except that I'm
> not on a high speed connection, I'd love to see what you set up for a $17K
> gig... Does your company have a web site that I could browse through?
>
> -
No I am not really very computer savy, no web site
if you have the patience I can email or possibly burn the 15 or so
images to a cd and mail them
I am on dial up as well
and I think most olf the files are 250 to 400K
george
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 4:16:46 AM

"Dave Martin" wrote:
> Honest, I will neither quote Rodney King or ask y'all to quit searching
for
> converts to your own beliefs. But when I gave up on RAP over a year ago,
it
> was because of the personal attacks. That has not gotten substantially
> better, I'm afraid; maybe y'all are used to it, but coming back into this
> group after a year, it's fairly obnoxious. But hey, whatever y'all need to
> do for your own pleasure, I guess...
>
> Anyway, there are a number of people on this newsgroup who have worked
> either in the media or doing live sound for political rallies. Can we talk
> about that for a while? For example, when doing sound reinforcement for a
> major candidate (that is, one who's running for national office):, or when
> doing interviews either on or off air.
>
> How specific are the candidates advance people regarding equipment?
> What accommodations do you have to make for the press?
> What's the usual lead time with this sort of a gig?
> Does it pay worth a damn?
> How much of a problem are security issues?
> Do security concerns substantially increase load in and teardown time?
> Are background screenings done on the principals of the company or the
crew
> (I've read about this a little)?
> Where do you buy those triple clips for SM57's?
> What (if any) gear is provided by the client?
>
> I'd rather learn about this than listen to y'all yell at each other...

While not entirely the same as your question, I got hired to set up a PA at
the Mercantile Exchange in NYC for the reopening after 9/11. After not being
able to get ahold of their regular vendor, they called me at midnight the
night before, basically money no object.

I went of course (they offered to send a Police boat--I live in Brooklyn,
but didn't think I'd be able to figure out a pier so I passed), and after
getting through security--the check points were really strange; hundreds of
soldiers along with the workers--had to sort out how to adapt the permanent
install on the main trading floor. Since I have zero permenent install
experience it took me most of the night, but I did it.

It occured to me as I worked alone that they never really checked me out.
The president didn't speak, but the gov, mayor and senator Clinton all did.
There wasn't really any screening (I was recomended by a friend of the
building manager, and probably my main credential was that I was willing to
go at midnight on zero notice, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't have
gone) and at the moment it seemed like the main thing was to get a PA up
rather than worry so much about the particulars of who was doing it.

Interesting experience to say the least. More than the actual work itself,
the thing that has stuck with me was seeing all the personal effects the
traders had left--half drunken cups of coffee, newspapers, etc. They clearly
left in a hurry.

Also, I'll never forget walking past the wreakage the next morning, still
smoldering in the morning light, along with the mass of chaos and debris--a
fire truck twisted and destroyed laying upside down, paper everywhere (I
remember seeing a confidential memo from Deloitte Consulting that I
considered grabbing, since I knew a top executive there and figured they
might want it back rather than have it sitting in some bushes, but decided
against since I'd been told that the police had orders to shoot looters on
sight.)

Those were intense times.

-jw
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 6:24:49 AM

I apologise for not remembering where on the net I found this, but there's
a GREAT essay on doing outdoor live sound for GWB by an event sound guy that
really nails the environlment, it also nails just how in credibly artificial
every GWB 'rally' or speech situation is, as framed for the cameras.
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 6:24:50 AM

JoVee wrote:

> I apologise for not remembering where on the net I found this, but there's
> a GREAT essay on doing outdoor live sound for GWB by an event sound guy that
> really nails the environlment, it also nails just how in credibly artificial
> every GWB 'rally' or speech situation is, as framed for the cameras.

Same thing they did in Baghdad when the Iraqis' were in the square
cheering as Saddam's statue was toppled. It was set up like a Hollywood
movie set.
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 4:36:20 PM

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:47:49 -0400, Pete Dimsman wrote
(in article <2pvd2jFpcrpeU2@uni-berlin.de>):

> JoVee wrote:
>
>> I apologise for not remembering where on the net I found this, but there's
>> a GREAT essay on doing outdoor live sound for GWB by an event sound guy that
>> really nails the environlment, it also nails just how in credibly artificial
>> every GWB 'rally' or speech situation is, as framed for the cameras.
>

> Same thing they did in Baghdad when the Iraqis' were in the square
> cheering as Saddam's statue was toppled. It was set up like a Hollywood
> movie set.

This is the case with every smart politician, republican democrat or
whatever. Ever since (and probably before) the Kennedy Nixon debates when the
Nixon people discovered how bad Nixon looked on the tube, the quality values
of "the show" have been scrutinized.

Staging at the RNC , with the podium pushed out into the room more is an
interesting evolution of stage technique. It puts Bush, "in the crowd" rather
than talking to or at the crowd, intimating acceptance by the crowd.

I imagine SS was not really comfortable with it.

So what mic did he use?

BTW, I'm in total accord with Dave Martin. One of the reasons I and others
fight so hard to keep this newsgroup on topic is that when it does go off
topic it does so in a personal and rather nasty way.

This behavior demeans the entire group.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 9:11:40 PM

<< One of the reasons I and others
fight so hard to keep this newsgroup on topic is that when it does go off
topic it does so in a personal and rather nasty way. >>

And this is incomprehensible to me. I work with musicians every day &
invariably at some point the dicussion gets around to politics. (I know we're
supposed to only discuss music in the studio <g>.) But there's no rancor. So
why here? Also, if somebody's really bored with the political discussion,
instead of starting a fight, they say, "So, should I play the sharp 11 chord on
beat 3 of the last bar of the chorus?" Either that, or they go outside & make a
cell phone call to their agent.

Scott Fraser
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 9:11:41 PM

"ScotFraser" <scotfraser@aol.com> wrote in message
> << One of the reasons I and others
> fight so hard to keep this newsgroup on topic is that when it does go off
> topic it does so in a personal and rather nasty way. >>
>
> And this is incomprehensible to me. I work with musicians every day &
> invariably at some point the dicussion gets around to politics. (I know
we're
> supposed to only discuss music in the studio <g>.) But there's no rancor.
So
> why here? Also, if somebody's really bored with the political discussion,
> instead of starting a fight, they say, "So, should I play the sharp 11
chord on
> beat 3 of the last bar of the chorus?" Either that, or they go outside &
make a
> cell phone call to their agent.

Heh, the real fights are about the songs - like "why do you always have to
step on my part?"

Sean
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 8:55:24 PM

Dave Martin wrote:
> Honest, I will neither quote Rodney King or ask y'all to quit
> searching for converts to your own beliefs. But when I gave up on RAP
> over a year ago, it was because of the personal attacks.

"Gave up". Well, typical weaselly reaction to robust discussion. What are
you ?

geoff (joke)
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 3:52:07 AM

JoVee wrote:
> I apologise for not remembering where on the net I found this, but
> there's a GREAT essay on doing outdoor live sound for GWB by an event
> sound guy that really nails the environlment, it also nails just how
> in credibly artificial every GWB 'rally' or speech situation is, as
> framed for the cameras.

I'm sure he faints the "out-of-my-depth" look and dumb comments, in order to
strike a chord (r.a.p content there) with the masses.

geoff
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 2:02:42 AM

reddred wrote:

> But the worst personal attacks right now are happening in audio threads,
> though. It's particularly nonsensical and upsetting, and generally ruins a
> good thread. I really hate it when this place takes on the tone of certain
> other audio groups...

If that one fella got exactly zero replies to anything he posts here I
think he'd tweeze his weenie elsewhere.

--
ha
Anonymous

Sean Conolly wrote:

> Heh, the real fights are about the songs - like "why do you always have to
> step on my part?"

One more #11 chord and I'm callin' ya out!

--
ha
Anonymous

Pete Dimsman wrote:

> Same thing they did in Baghdad when the Iraqis' were in the square
> cheering as Saddam's statue was toppled. It was set up like a Hollywood
> movie set.

I saw the BBC feed of that live. It was quite different than what we've
seen here.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 2:47:23 AM

Dave Martin wrote:

> Anyway, there are a number of people on this newsgroup who have worked
> either in the media or doing live sound for political rallies. Can we talk
> about that for a while? For example, when doing sound reinforcement for a
> major candidate (that is, one who's running for national office):, or when
> doing interviews either on or off air.

I worked with the Governor of Texas in Cooperstown, NY on three events
in the Summer of 1999. They were small events, two of which were for the
press only, and the other, a fund raiser.

There was pretty tight security. Like George said, they evacuated the
room and NY's Finest came through with dogs, sniffing all my cables.

I had a web page up for a while, which included text and images of these
events. I will find that and put it up again, and include the link here.

It was all very last minute - a right time, right place, kind of thing.

I was also called a few weeks later, when they were in Buffalo. They
didn't know that I was some five hours away, so that gig wasn't
practical for that night.

I also was called in January 2001, and was asked to fax my resume. I
would have taken a WH gig.

Back in the '80's, my wife also worked on two Reagan Inaugurations, as
well as some other WH stuff.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 8:51:15 AM

>If that one fella got exactly zero replies to anything he posts here I
>think he'd tweeze his weenie elsewhere.

What I been trying to tell people, but they seem to love having someone to hate
around, cause they keep feeding & feeding that troll.
Scott Fraser
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 1:17:50 PM

Don Cooper wrote:

> Pete Dimsman wrote:
>

>>Same thing they did in Baghdad when the Iraqis' were in the square
>>cheering as Saddam's statue was toppled. It was set up like a Hollywood
>>movie set.
>

> I saw the BBC feed of that live. It was quite different than what we've
> seen here.

In what way?
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 2:57:25 PM

In article <g.p.gleason-66FB79.04400110092004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
George <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>In article <4141135F.6671AB7D@comcast.net>,
> Don Cooper <dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Pete Dimsman wrote:
>>
>> > Same thing they did in Baghdad when the Iraqis' were in the square
>> > cheering as Saddam's statue was toppled. It was set up like a Hollywood
>> > movie set.
>>

>> I saw the BBC feed of that live. It was quite different than what we've
>> seen here.
>

>like the flag raiseing on iro jima
>a complete stage show
>what utter bhullshit,

Here, try this one:

http://www.baen.com/Worldcon04/Worldcon04-Pages/Image87...
--scott
September 10, 2004 5:14:03 PM

On 10 Sep 2004 10:57:25 -0400, kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>In article <g.p.gleason-66FB79.04400110092004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
>George <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>>In article <4141135F.6671AB7D@comcast.net>,
>> Don Cooper <dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> I saw the BBC feed of that live. It was quite different than what we've
>>> seen here.
>>

>>like the flag raiseing on iro jima
>>a complete stage show
>>what utter bhullshit,
>
>Here, try this one:
>
> http://www.baen.com/Worldcon04/Worldcon04-Pages/Image87...
>--scott

What is that, the Curtis Mayfield memorial?
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:07:36 PM

> >If that one fella got exactly zero replies to anything he posts here I
> >think he'd tweeze his weenie elsewhere.
>
> What I been trying to tell people, but they seem to love having someone to
hate
> around, cause they keep feeding & feeding that troll.
> Scott Fraser

I tried talking to him once, that was enough. Though I think if he was
really laying it on me and following me around, I might have a hard time
resisting. But the killfile is really is the answer, he's a real person with
a real email address that can be blocked.

I'm a little curious as to his motives, though.

jb
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 10:12:28 PM

Hey, is that Monte on the left? And you wearing the tasteful black skirt?

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

> Here, try this one:
>
> http://www.baen.com/Worldcon04/Worldcon04-Pages/Image87...
> --scott
September 10, 2004 10:13:41 PM

"so what" <sowhat@nospam.edu> wrote in message news:vYednbdwBK0zTtzcRVn-oA@omsoft.com...
> Don Cooper wrote:
> >
> > Pete Dimsman wrote:
> >

> >>Same thing they did in Baghdad when the Iraqis' were in the square
> >>cheering as Saddam's statue was toppled. It was set up like a Hollywood
> >>movie set.
> >

> > I saw the BBC feed of that live. It was quite different than what we've
> > seen here.
>

> In what way?

This has long since been a well explained event staged specifically
for the media.

http://www.uexpress.com/tedrall/?uc_full_date=20030415

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2842.ht...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article3024.ht... <WMVideo interview>

.... It's easy to Google this one if you're interested in seeing more.
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 3:43:19 AM

Don Cooper wrote:
> Pete Dimsman wrote:
>
>> Same thing they did in Baghdad when the Iraqis' were in the square
>> cheering as Saddam's statue was toppled. It was set up like a
>> Hollywood movie set.
>

> I saw the BBC feed of that live. It was quite different than what
> we've seen here.

Naa - those commie BBC bastards erased all the crowds.

geoff
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 12:41:07 PM

Dave Martin <dmainc@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Hey, is that Monte on the left? And you wearing the tasteful black skirt?

Yes, I am the guy in the kilt. And we got Monte to help lift heavy things
although he wasn't there in time to draft him into mixing the theremin trio.
--scott
September 11, 2004 7:17:53 PM

> Dave Martin <dmainc@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >Hey, is that Monte on the left? And you wearing the tasteful black skirt?
>
> Yes, I am the guy in the kilt. And we got Monte to help lift heavy things
> although he wasn't there in time to draft him into mixing the theremin
trio.

And I'm sure that his disappointment was palpable. But at least you got him
to set up lights...

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

Dave Martin wrote:

> "Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

> > Yes, I am the guy in the kilt. And we got Monte to help lift heavy things
> > although he wasn't there in time to draft him into mixing the theremin
> trio.

> And I'm sure that his disappointment was palpable. But at least you got him
> to set up lights...

Monte's diversifying in case the audio thing doesn't work out.

--
ha
Anonymous

>I'm a little curious as to his motives, though.

Classic infantile schoolyard bully personality, trying to get attention through
being the most negative antisocial person within a group he secretly
desperatley wants to be accepted by. Most people with this tendency grow out of
it by the time they finish grade school. Some pathetic losers never do.

Scott Fraser
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 8:46:19 PM

Scott Dorsey wrote:
>Yes, I am the guy in the kilt. >>

You wear a kilt, too? I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Scott Fraser
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 3:26:51 PM

so what wrote:

> > I saw the BBC feed of that live. It was quite different than what we've
> > seen here.
>
> In what way?

Several camera angles, including wider shots.

I was in a PBS station control room at the time.

(Commie bastards!)

; )
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 10:30:11 PM

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Dave Martin <dmainc@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Hey, is that Monte on the left? And you wearing the tasteful black skirt?
>
> Yes, I am the guy in the kilt.

A tool kilt?

<http://www.utilikilts.com/&gt;
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 8:18:20 PM

"Kurt Albershardt" <kurt@nv.net> wrote in message
> Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> Dave Martin <dmainc@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey, is that Monte on the left? And you wearing the tasteful black
>>> skirt?
>>
>> Yes, I am the guy in the kilt.
>
> A tool kilt?

Only if it's too skimpy.