Force Feedback on PC Games

I bought a Logitech Rumblepad II specifically to play GTA San Andreas
(and EA Sports games). So far, I've been pretty disappointment with a
total lack of force feedback support from computer games.

Am I correct to assume that neither GTA San Andreas nor any EA Sports
games support force feedback for the PC?

fisher

On 12 Jun 2005 16:49:47 -0700, mexican_equivalent@yahoo.com wrote:

>I bought a Logitech Rumblepad II specifically to play GTA San Andreas
>(and EA Sports games). So far, I've been pretty disappointment with a
>total lack of force feedback support from computer games.
>
>Am I correct to assume that neither GTA San Andreas nor any EA Sports
>games support force feedback for the PC?

First, a rumblepad is not a frocefeedback device. As the name implies,
it just rumbles at certain points in a game. I have true forcefeedback
steering wheel and joystick and the games they do have forcefeedback
in are racing games and flight sims. I don't know about rumble support
in sports games like you get on consoles. Anyway, forcefeedback and
rumblepad support are not the same thing. I would imagine the game box
would say if it supports rumblepads.

FF is a dead technology. They hardly even tried getting it implemented.

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:05:26 GMT, "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>FF is a dead technology. They hardly even tried getting it implemented.

Actually, FF was implemented by racing games and some action. It generally
gets turned off is because it is poorly implemented (e.g. the wheel spins
out of control for a few seconds when it should only apply resistance.)
Most of these problems could be fixed by having an analog slider that
scales FF to lower values, but then it won't exactly be immersive.

Basically, most developers and manufacturers cut corners. Until at least
one from each group does it properly enough with enough fame (e.g. A "Best
played with NVidia Force Feedback" logo), it won't really pick up interest.

As a computer salesman said, "The Force Feedback joystick feels a little
shaky."

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:45:19 -0400, bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau)
wrote:

>Actually, FF was implemented by racing games and some action. It generally
>gets turned off is because it is poorly implemented (e.g. the wheel spins
>out of control for a few seconds when it should only apply resistance.)
>Most of these problems could be fixed by having an analog slider that
>scales FF to lower values, but then it won't exactly be immersive.
>
>Basically, most developers and manufacturers cut corners. Until at least
>one from each group does it properly enough with enough fame (e.g. A "Best
>played with NVidia Force Feedback" logo), it won't really pick up interest.
>
>As a computer salesman said, "The Force Feedback joystick feels a little
>shaky."

Yea, in the arcade racers it has been done very poorly but in some of
the more simulation like racers it has been done quite well, in some
of the flight sims it is not bad either. I'm hanging on to my
Microsoft FF wheel and joystick but once they die I won't buy FF
again. I have a few games though that make FF worthwhile. Racing in F1
'99-02' is really a more realistic experience with FF on as you can
feel the curves in the road as it pulls on the wheel. The IL2 series
of flight sims is probably the best FF done in a flight sim. I
wouldn't waste my money on a rumblepad though.

mexican_equivalent@yahoo.com wrote:
>I bought a Logitech Rumblepad II specifically to play GTA San Andreas
>(and EA Sports games). So far, I've been pretty disappointment with a
>total lack of force feedback support from computer games.
>
>Am I correct to assume that neither GTA San Andreas nor any EA Sports
>games support force feedback for the PC?

That's not force feedback you dick.