Device manager unresoled item

Tags:
  • Device Manager
  • Devices
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 6, 2009 3:14:38 AM

I have 1 unresolved item in the device manager
Any ideas, is it a harware issue or windows 7 ?
coprocessor
Asus M3N78-eh m/b
AMD2+ cpu
there were also several other items but after a few windows updates and reboots, this remains the only unresolved item in the device manager.
regards Grunta

More about : device manager unresoled item

June 6, 2009 5:34:03 AM

didn't seem to work,
I then manually chose the inf file, that returned an error and a disabled atk0110 entry, above that was a correct entry for atk0110 - it may have been there before, I don't know
result is something worked ! LOL

thanks for your prompt reply
Score
Related resources
June 6, 2009 5:44:44 AM

It won't hurt anything to uninstall it and reboot the computer. It could also be a case of the device being there and the registry keys for it are missing. If the unknown device is still there after rebooting then you know it needs driver's, if its gone Windows re-installed the device and repaired the missing registry entries. You can also try Unknown Device Identifier and see what info it provides.

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html
Score

Best solution

June 7, 2009 1:02:06 AM

turns out it was a nvida nforce m/b chipset driver needed,
downloaded from nvida site, don't see why a big company like that can't get to gether with MS and have it registerd in the update depository

fixed now thanks
June 7, 2009 1:27:42 AM

After a clean install I have the same issue you had an "Unknown Device" In my case it is the ACPI Utility which is also part of the nVidia chipset package. Glad you got it sorted out.
Score
!