Using a car active crossover in a home setting

Last response: in Home Audio
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2004 4:27:18 PM

Are any car audio crossovers good enough for home use? (With a
stabilized 12V DC power supply)

I am thinking of using a Nakamichi EC-200 as a subwoofer crossover.
http://www.nakamichiusa.com/auto/e_crossovers/ec_200.ht...

Any other brands worthy of consideration?
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 6, 2004 1:40:19 AM

RLS wrote:

> Are any car audio crossovers good enough for home use? (With a
> stabilized 12V DC power supply)

Possibly. You'll be the first to know, please tell us the result.

> I am thinking of using a Nakamichi EC-200 as a subwoofer crossover.
> http://www.nakamichiusa.com/auto/e_crossovers/ec_200.ht...
>
> Any other brands worthy of consideration?

Dunno, Sony comes to mind tho'.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen