Why windows fail to start when an incompatible prgm is installed

Sridhar Nag S

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Why does windows fail to start when a program which is not compatible is installed

what happens internally inside windows? does it means that a core program of windows get effected

does it reflect the poor construction of windows?

what happens in the operating system that was working fine till then?

please advice.......

I thank you in advance

Solution
Check whether the program is compatible or not.. If its compatible then it won't install. The problem you are facing might be due to windows errors or corrupt registry. I would suggest to scan PC with MalwareBytes and Registry repair tool.
You should never actively run two virus scanners at the same time. This can cause problems. How do they effect windows? Virus scanners need low level access to the hard drive in order to do their job. Your game on the other hand shouldn't effect anything.

Any program can replace system files if needed. In vista & 7 you should get a UAC popup. In fact, any time UAC pops up, the program is making changes to parts of the system, which is why it needs the elevated access.

Sridhar Nag S

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
I thank you for ur reply,

Is it true that two antivirus running parallely get interlocked because of resource conflict and they will never come out of the deadlock until the program is terminated by the user or a cold reboot.

Why does windows 7 gradually become slow? Even if i install the same number of programs on a newly formatted system , computer will be very very responsive and fast. But when i keep on using the system as it is for a period of 6 months without much change in the number of programs installed on the system, the system becomes slow. Can you please advice me on this

Thanks..... :)

Two antivirus programs can conflict and cause problems. I don't know if it can get into a dead lock situation though. If you want to use two antivirus programs, make sure that only one is set up to do real time scans. You should only use the other one to do manual scans.

As for windows 7, like most windows, it probably due to registry bloat. I however, haven't seen this problem. I've been running 7 at home since shortly after it was released and I've noticed no slowdowns other than a little at boot time. This was expected as I now have more boot time programs than I did since I installed windows.

Sridhar Nag S

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
thanks for your reply,

however i do not run two antivirus programs at once. so its not a problem with me....

u can reduce the number of programs at start up by going to run -> msconfig -> startup. There will be many programs enabled there. U can disable program well known to you. This will reduce your boot time to a great extent.

increasing boot time is not a problem at all for me, but the entire system slowing down after some time of installation is bothering me, i have been observing this in many system including computers running windows xp.

Immediately after formatting and installing the same number of programs as before, systems runs good and fast.

do you know why windows fail to start when any incompatible program is installed.

This I don't know. I would think that if it's incompatible, then you shouldn't even be able to run the installer. Perhaps if you told us what the "incompatible" program is we could offer more help.

Have you checked this program against MS's compatibility center?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

Sridhar Nag S

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

I thank you for your reply,

I have tried to install World Racing Game, then this happend.
Thank you for the link. This was very useful for now and i will make good use of it in future
It is given clearly that this game is not compatible with windows 7 64bit
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=world%20racing

After that i got a question,
If windows fails to start after such installations, then what might be the possible reason?
is the core program of windows getting effected due to such installation where windows gets spoiled beyond repair and it cant be even restored with recovery option.
It failed to start at all..
Can you please tell the possible reasons, i just wanna know.

Personally, I think it's a coincidence and you have a problem elsewhere. Unless this was an infected game or you downloaded the game illegally (most are infected), I don't know of any reason why installing/uninstalling any software would corrupt the OS.

Sridhar Nag S

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

so, as you said the problems i'm facing might be because of mall ware. I'm using security essentials given by microsoft. Do you think this is a good one. which antivirus program are you using??

alishathomaz

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Check whether the program is compatible or not.. If its compatible then it won't install. The problem you are facing might be due to windows errors or corrupt registry. I would suggest to scan PC with MalwareBytes and Registry repair tool.

Solution

A lot of people like MSE (security essentials). Earlier versions of MSE allowed too much stuff through for my liking. Newer versions may work better. I use avast. You may want to install the free version of malwarebytes too.

Sridhar Nag S

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

can i run both mse and malwarebytes at a time on the system or i need to unistall mse before installing malwarebytes

Pablo1

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
Hi, authorities in tech! ahahahha. I see none of the authorities helped you. Nobody gave an adequate answer. It has nothing to do with antivirus or destruction of the OS. It has to do with unsigned drivers, if you installed them, then the system wont start until they are removed. Do you remember when you were installing WR2 and a message appeared telling you that something was not signed? well we all chose "install anyway". Unluckily in W7 64bit you cant install any unsigned driver.
What I hear is that after installing the game and everything, dont restart your system, before that do a starforce update, apparently, WR2 has starforce protection and I read about this update solving the problem. I am still searching where to get the update. apparetly after the update, the system starts normally and you can reboot.
If you cant start your system, insert the W7 dvd, start from disc unit, choose language and choose REPAIR to solve the problem. Windows will uninstall WR2 unfortunately but it will start normally after that.