MN-700 (can't access other machines on LAN)

Okay, I will try to provide as much detail as possibe. I
have read back to April 8th and not seen anything quite
like this.

I have an MN-700 and 2 machines with the MN-730 adapters.
It is all set up to channel 1, WEP 64 bit.

I can't share files between the machines OR access the
machines with Remote Desktop (I have enabled port
forwarding on port 3389, so that's not the issue).

In the Broadband Utility I can see the other machine on
the network, but it's grayed out. Sharing is enabled and
folders are shared. Both machines are in the same
workgroup and have the same SSID info. Both see the
router just fine.

No, XP's firewall is not turned on in either machine's
case.

Another oddity is that when I am in the broadband
networking utility tool I see 2 IP's per machine, is that
normal??

Thanks in advance for anything you all can offer!

Steve

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

try sharing the drives on each machine. Is the IP's the
same or are they different?