Area 51 - Save Anywhere?

One thing that turned me off from the demo is that it doesn't have the
ability to save the game. Is this true of the actual game?

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Knight37 wrote:
> One thing that turned me off from the demo is that it doesn't have the
> ability to save the game. Is this true of the actual game?

I don't believe so. Don't bother with the game. It isn't worth the time.

I didn't care for the A51 demo, it just seemed like a generic shooter
to me. I'm probably not the demographic they were aiming for, though,
the FPS games I really enjoyed were RPG hybrids like Deus Ex and System
Shock 2.

NoOne

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:25:15 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
<xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

>Knight37 wrote:
>> One thing that turned me off from the demo is that it doesn't have the
>> ability to save the game. Is this true of the actual game?
>
>I don't believe so. Don't bother with the game. It isn't worth the time.

It's not bad for 29.00
The saves are auto and save points but they happen often

shawk

"Alex Mars" <demiurge@alexmars.com> wrote in message
>I didn't care for the A51 demo, it just seemed like a generic shooter
> to me. I'm probably not the demographic they were aiming for, though,
> the FPS games I really enjoyed were RPG hybrids like Deus Ex and System
> Shock 2.

I play most FPS, MOH, COD, HL2 (and 1 still), Far Cry, Doom 3 etc etc.
Found the demo boring and something I'd expect to see on a PS2
graphics-wise.

steamKILLER wrote:

> obviously you like cause its good!
> and why do you give so much importance to a very few that
> always try to put down pc games
> hank will always say negative things about pc games
> he has a mission in this group... try to lower pc game sales

Why are you always insulting me? It makes me sad. :-( I just want to be your
friend.

The internet is sometimes referred to as a community, and I guess in
steamkiller it has found it's village idiot. He reminds me of the
semi-coherent crazy homeless you see on the street warning people about
aliens infiltrating the government.

noone@home.net wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2005 12:44:52 -0700, "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >noone@home.net wrote:

> >> It's not bad for 29.00
> >> The saves are auto and save points but they happen often
> >
> >Ok, I liked the demo (unlike most here I guess) EXCEPT for the save
> >system. In the demo it has "checkpoints" but those were not full saves,
> >they only acted as places you could go back to if you died.
>
> I can reload check point and there are several per level. It's not too
> bad. Believe me there isn't anyone that hates redoing level more than
> I do.
> > I would
> >want to be able to SAVE the game at check points, not just at the end
> >of each level.
>
> Not sure what you mean but the checkpoints are no different than the
> level save.

So you can quit the game at a checkpoint and when you return to the
game you start at that checkpoint rather than the beginning of the
level? That's all I'm asking for. In the demo you can NOT do this.

Knight37
http://knightgames.blogspot.com
Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer!

NoOne

On 16 Jun 2005 11:49:51 -0700, "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

>So you can quit the game at a checkpoint and when you return to the
>game you start at that checkpoint rather than the beginning of the
>level? That's all I'm asking for. In the demo you can NOT do this.

yes