Battlefield 2 probs

I just DL'd and tried the demo and I am getting HORRIBLE framerates on
the singleplayer. It's literally like 3fps and I have no idea why. I
have tried lowering the sound and the shadows to no avail. My system
specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
1.5GB RAM
GeForce 6800

so the game should run almost perfectly. I'm stumped. Anyone have any
ideas how to fix the horrible, horrible performance?

--
Rob Berryhill

At least you got it to run. I get a black screen and then it crashes
back to desktop.

"Rob Berryhill" <rob_berryhill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just DL'd and tried the demo and I am getting HORRIBLE framerates on
> the singleplayer. It's literally like 3fps and I have no idea why. I
> have tried lowering the sound and the shadows to no avail. My system
> specs are:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 3200+
> 1.5GB RAM
> GeForce 6800
>
> so the game should run almost perfectly. I'm stumped. Anyone have any
> ideas how to fix the horrible, horrible performance?
>
> --
> Rob Berryhill

Did you use the included Nvidia drivers?

I've got the same setup as you, but 1 gig instead of 1.5.
And i'm running on 1280x960, with high detail (no AA)
and it runs ok.
But only with included drivers, they seem to work the best...
They are located in your game dir: \Battlefield 2 Demo\nvidia_driver.

grtz

Xander

On 15 Jun 2005 15:29:11 -0700, rx7chick@gmail.com wrote:

>At least you got it to run. I get a black screen and then it crashes
>back to desktop.

Does your video card support Shaders 1.4 or later ?

If not, time for a visit to your friendly computer hardware store.

If it does, you may need to update ALL your drivers, and/or clean
up your system.

Please read the demo README very thoroughly. It is full
of useful information that may be relevant to your problem.

John Lewis

Andrew

On 15 Jun 2005 15:29:11 -0700, rx7chick@gmail.com wrote:

>At least you got it to run. I get a black screen and then it crashes
>back to desktop.

See my reply in the "BF2 demo problem" thread.