BF2 is near perfect..... except...

to get on-line you have to open a BF2 account. Er, I mean
a Gamespy account pretending to be a BF2 account......

And what's this nonsense of only a single name-tag per email
address ?

Judging from the demo, BF2 seems to be a carefully crafted gem. Dice
obviously learned well from the things that worked and the things that
didn't in BF1942 and BF: Vietnam ( mostly bad..).

The bot behavior is far more realistic and the AI is a lot better than
in BF1942. Still notice that it drags the CPU down -- the erratic
graphics stutters... Would be interesting to try the game out on a
dual-core machine - maybe the AI code is reasonably threaded.
Or if not, maybe Dice will do a patch to optimize performance on
dual-core when they become reasonably popular.

John Lewis
30 answers Last reply
More about perfect except

    > to get on-line you have to open a BF2 account. Er, I mean
    > a Gamespy account pretending to be a BF2 account......

    Eccccch Gamespy - does The All Seeing Eye or similar support it though?

    > Judging from the demo, BF2 seems to be a carefully crafted gem. Dice
    > obviously learned well from the things that worked and the things that
    > didn't in BF1942 and BF: Vietnam ( mostly bad..).

    It's super-polished and looks and plays very well. Whatever the shader
    optimiser does seems to work too. I suspect the game really needs 1GB RAM
    also.

    "One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> to get on-line you have to open a BF2 account. Er, I mean
    >> a Gamespy account pretending to be a BF2 account......
    >
    > Eccccch Gamespy - does The All Seeing Eye or similar support it though?

    No. ASE seems to have stopped regularly updating since Yahoo too over.
    They have just updated with support for Doom3.

    In article <zS9se.1227$R5.398@news.indigo.ie>,
    fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com (One Punch Mickey) wrote:

    > I suspect the game really needs 1GB RAM also.

    Despite my initial "is that it?" reaction to BF2, some more
    playing offline is slowly winning me over to a lot of the more
    subtle changes and improvements in BF2. It seems like a fitting
    update for 1942, which was always a pretty well balanced gaming
    experience.

    BF2 does seem to eat memory though. I have 1Gb, and memory usage
    seems to peak at 1.1Gb while BF2's running.

    Andrew McP

    > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:06:10 +0200, "Alfred Pum"
    > <mooskugerl@DELETEgmx.at> wrote:
    >
    >>"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >>except.... for
    >>
    >>- the atrocious server-browser
    >
    > YES, especially the forced-Gamespy element !!
    >
    > I wonder if the non-US Editions of the full game will be any
    > different ?

    According to a web chat with I read yesterday with one of the BF2 lead
    designers (where he was specifically asked about the shitty browser in the
    demo), the browser is supposed to be fixed in the retail version.

    Thus spake andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com (Andrew MacPherson), Thu, 16
    Jun 2005 10:13 +0100 (BST), Anno Domini:

    >In article <zS9se.1227$R5.398@news.indigo.ie>,
    >fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com (One Punch Mickey) wrote:
    >
    >> I suspect the game really needs 1GB RAM also.
    >
    >Despite my initial "is that it?" reaction to BF2, some more
    >playing offline is slowly winning me over to a lot of the more
    >subtle changes and improvements in BF2. It seems like a fitting
    >update for 1942, which was always a pretty well balanced gaming
    >experience.
    >
    >BF2 does seem to eat memory though. I have 1Gb, and memory usage
    >seems to peak at 1.1Gb while BF2's running.
    >
    >Andrew McP

    Yeah, I love the way I can hit <ESC> just to open the menu & the whole thing
    hangs for like 5 secs b4 going to the menu...& then same again when I go
    back to the game. Real good optimisation lol! (I have a AMD3400+, X800Pro
    AND 1Gb fast DDR - pfft!).

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    Nostromo wrote:

    > Yeah, I love the way I can hit <ESC> just to open the menu & the
    > whole thing hangs for like 5 secs b4 going to the menu...& then same
    > again when I go back to the game. Real good optimisation lol! (I have
    > a AMD3400+, X800Pro AND 1Gb fast DDR - pfft!).

    Same here on my machines (one P4 3.06GHz/2GB DDR/6800GT AGP 256MB and on
    2xXEON 3GHz/4GB DDR2/2x250GB RAID0/6600GT 128MB PCIe). Exiting the menu
    makes the game hanging for several seconds. Loading times are also
    ultra-long, and the AI is almost as stupid as before...

    Honestly, I'd expect much more. And I also don't understand why they
    dropped GF4 support. Especially since the gfx isn't really
    outstanding...

    Benjamin

    "Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in message
    > Thus spake andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com (Andrew MacPherson), Thu, 16
    > Jun 2005 10:13 +0100 (BST), Anno Domini:
    >
    >>In article <zS9se.1227$R5.398@news.indigo.ie>,
    >>fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com (One Punch Mickey) wrote:
    >>
    >>> I suspect the game really needs 1GB RAM also.
    >>
    >>Despite my initial "is that it?" reaction to BF2, some more
    >>playing offline is slowly winning me over to a lot of the more
    >>subtle changes and improvements in BF2. It seems like a fitting
    >>update for 1942, which was always a pretty well balanced gaming
    >>experience.
    >>
    >>BF2 does seem to eat memory though. I have 1Gb, and memory usage
    >>seems to peak at 1.1Gb while BF2's running.
    >>
    >>Andrew McP
    >
    > Yeah, I love the way I can hit <ESC> just to open the menu & the whole
    > thing
    > hangs for like 5 secs b4 going to the menu...& then same again when I go
    > back to the game. Real good optimisation lol! (I have a AMD3400+, X800Pro
    > AND 1Gb fast DDR - pfft!).

    I've got an AMD FX-53, X800 Plat, and 1Gb of fast DDR.... hitting ESC
    causing the game to pause for a mere 3 seconds (1 mississippi 2 mississippi
    3 mississppi), a far shorter time that what BF42 took.

    And hitting ESC again to get back to the game is *instant* for me - No pause
    at all.

    "Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > I've got an AMD FX-53, X800 Plat, and 1Gb of fast DDR.... hitting ESC
    > causing the game to pause for a mere 3 seconds (1 mississippi 2
    mississippi
    > 3 mississppi), a far shorter time that what BF42 took.
    >
    > And hitting ESC again to get back to the game is *instant* for me - No
    pause
    > at all.

    Same here. 3.02 seconds (digital watch :) and instant. SP game.
    A64 3000+ (754), 1 GB 333 DDR, 9800pro 128MB <- today
    A64 3800+ (939), 2 GB 400 DDR, X850 XT 256MB <- tomorrow :)

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:15:49 +0200, "Alfred Pum"
    <mooskugerl@DELETEgmx.at> wrote:

    >"Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >> I've got an AMD FX-53, X800 Plat, and 1Gb of fast DDR.... hitting ESC
    >> causing the game to pause for a mere 3 seconds (1 mississippi 2
    >mississippi
    >> 3 mississppi), a far shorter time that what BF42 took.
    >>
    >> And hitting ESC again to get back to the game is *instant* for me - No
    >pause
    >> at all.
    >
    >Same here. 3.02 seconds (digital watch :) and instant. SP game.
    >A64 3000+ (754), 1 GB 333 DDR, 9800pro 128MB <- today
    >A64 3800+ (939), 2 GB 400 DDR, X850 XT 256MB <- tomorrow :)

    How about:-

    A64 4800+ X2, 2GB 400 DDR, SLI, Dual 7800GT <-- September :)

    or significantly less expensive

    A64 4400+ X2 ( overclocked from 2.2 to 2.4), 2GB 400 DDR, SLI, Single
    7800GT and the other one later, if desired... <-- September :) :)

    John Lewis

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:06:10 +0200, "Alfred Pum"
    <mooskugerl@DELETEgmx.at> wrote:

    >"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >Near perfect? Not by a long shot, imo. I think I'll pass this one, my
    >backlog of sp games is getting larger anyway (totally engrossed in GTA:SA
    >atm, Boiling Point, The Fall and SH3 on backburner), and if there's a bigger
    >timesink than mp gaming I haven't heard of it. Once the first addon is out,
    >I might check it out again. The price will still be the same, I fear. Who
    >said he wouldn't buy another game from the evil empire, John?

    Not I !!

    My recent posting on the EA subject was a deliberate trojan-horse to
    draw out those people who were mouthing off about EA a few months
    previously, swearing off buying any more EA games. Did not get many
    takers. Maybe the mouthers had moved on.

    John Lewis

    "Alfred Pum" <mooskugerl@DELETEgmx.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > "John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    > except.... for

    Totally forgot, no coop!

    "Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> escribió en el mensaje
    > Thus spake andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com (Andrew MacPherson), Thu, 16
    > Jun 2005 10:13 +0100 (BST), Anno Domini:
    >
    >>In article <zS9se.1227$R5.398@news.indigo.ie>,
    >>fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com (One Punch Mickey) wrote:
    >>
    >>> I suspect the game really needs 1GB RAM also.
    >>
    >>Despite my initial "is that it?" reaction to BF2, some more
    >>playing offline is slowly winning me over to a lot of the more
    >>subtle changes and improvements in BF2. It seems like a fitting
    >>update for 1942, which was always a pretty well balanced gaming
    >>experience.
    >>
    >>BF2 does seem to eat memory though. I have 1Gb, and memory usage
    >>seems to peak at 1.1Gb while BF2's running.
    >>
    >>Andrew McP
    >
    > Yeah, I love the way I can hit <ESC> just to open the menu & the whole
    > thing
    > hangs for like 5 secs b4 going to the menu...& then same again when I go
    > back to the game. Real good optimisation lol! (I have a AMD3400+, X800Pro
    > AND 1Gb fast DDR - pfft!).

    I seriously recommend to configure the grafix options, so that you have
    nothing of the above...

    I have the first half of these options on high and the lower half on
    'medium'.

    A Athlon+XP2800 and a Geforce 5900 128 M, 1,5 G Dual channelDDR RAM and it
    runs fine....

    I upped the textures to the max, and they are beuatiful, but no way for me,
    thats only for a 250 M video carrd....

    Alfred Pum wrote:
    > "Alfred Pum" <mooskugerl@DELETEgmx.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    >>"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >>except.... for
    >>

    > Totally forgot, no coop!

    Co op IS in the game - simply start a single player game and have others
    join.

    >>Same here. 3.02 seconds (digital watch :) and instant. SP game.
    >>A64 3000+ (754), 1 GB 333 DDR, 9800pro 128MB <- today
    >>A64 3800+ (939), 2 GB 400 DDR, X850 XT 256MB <- tomorrow :)
    >
    > How about:-
    >
    > A64 4800+ X2, 2GB 400 DDR, SLI, Dual 7800GT <-- September :)
    >
    > or significantly less expensive
    >
    > A64 4400+ X2 ( overclocked from 2.2 to 2.4), 2GB 400 DDR, SLI, Single
    > 7800GT and the other one later, if desired... <-- September :) :)

    Finally getting your pay off from Crytek then ?

    > I selected the posting title to provoke useful feedback from dedicated
    > gamers such as yourself.

    SteamKiller..is that you ?
    I claim my £5.

    "John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > >- The ballistics are off, there's no way to tell where your bullets will
    > >actually hit. Single shots help of course, as does crouching or going
    prone,
    > >still, the accuracy seems a bit too random to me.
    >
    > True. EXACTLY my experience. They should have added some
    > "wander" to the sighting in the crouch and standing position
    > and little randomness to the shot itself. Approprite gravity-
    > trajectory of course. Hopefully, Dice will patch this, or maybe
    > they have already fixed it in the full game.

    Yep, they shoulda done that. That way you could correct for the "wander".

    > In the final you will have 3 sizes of map; I believe that the demo has
    > only the small variety.

    Start up a LAN server and pick the bigger (32) map or join an internet
    server to see the middle sized map. 64ppl servers should be bigger still.
    Don't think it's quite enough, though.

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:06:12 GMT, "redTed" <redted@NTL3mbfinally.com>
    wrote:

    >>>Same here. 3.02 seconds (digital watch :) and instant. SP game.
    >>>A64 3000+ (754), 1 GB 333 DDR, 9800pro 128MB <- today
    >>>A64 3800+ (939), 2 GB 400 DDR, X850 XT 256MB <- tomorrow :)
    >>
    >> How about:-
    >>
    >> A64 4800+ X2, 2GB 400 DDR, SLI, Dual 7800GT <-- September :)
    >>
    >> or significantly less expensive
    >>
    >> A64 4400+ X2 ( overclocked from 2.2 to 2.4), 2GB 400 DDR, SLI, Single
    >> 7800GT and the other one later, if desired... <-- September :) :)
    >>

    >Finally getting your pay off from Crytek then ?

    Now that you mention it, what a great idea !

    John Lewis

  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:09:50 GMT, "redTed" <redted@NTL3mbfinally.com>
    wrote:

    >> I selected the posting title to provoke useful feedback from dedicated
    >> gamers such as yourself.
    >
    >SteamKiller..is that you ?
    >I claim my £5.

    You lost...

    John Lewis

  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:18:38 -0400, "Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com>
    wrote:

    >"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:06:10 +0200, "Alfred Pum"
    >> <mooskugerl@DELETEgmx.at> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>>
    >>>except.... for
    >>>
    >>>- the atrocious server-browser
    >>
    >> YES, especially the forced-Gamespy element !!
    >>
    >> I wonder if the non-US Editions of the full game will be any
    >> different ?
    >
    >According to a web chat with I read yesterday with one of the BF2 lead
    >designers (where he was specifically asked about the shitty browser in the
    >demo), the browser is supposed to be fixed in the retail version.

    Ah, but the Gamespy registration pretending to be a BF2 Registration
    will still be there. Look for a lost password and see where it takes
    you.... And Dice have already said that you can carry over your
    demo sign-in to the retail version...

    Q.E.D.

    John Lewis
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    I have an XP2700 (2.1ghz), 1.5 gig of ram, radeon 9800 pro, xp, seems
    ok to me. I've not finished playing with various settings in game and
    in my video card's control panel (especially directx settings) but it's
    currently running fine on a mixture of medium and high settings.

    I think there are a lot of problems with graphics cards - a lot of
    people aren't reading the list of supported cards and complaining when
    theirs doesn't work. Also, you really need 1.5+gigs of ram - 1 gig will
    run it but slowly (like running bfv with .5 gigs).
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > Changing sides to the winning team at the end of the time limit, so
    > you are l33t and no loser says just about all about the scum populating the
    > servers, I think.

    So what? Who cares?

    > Spawnkilling is en vogue. Drive a tank into an enemy camp and frag on! I
    > can personally vouch for getting good kill scores this way >:) Not so nice
    > being on the receiving end, though

    So spawn elsewhere! This is a war game!

    > Medics are practically useless because of the fast respawn times. You
    > either die in the same barrage that kills your mates or you stay away from
    > the fighting only to come too late to revive :(

    If you work as a team (squad) then the medic can revive you when you
    get killed. I'd not call that useless. Reviving someone is pretty
    quick.

    > The ballistics are off, there's no way to tell where your bullets will
    > actually hit. Single shots help of course, as does crouching or going prone,
    > still, the accuracy seems a bit too random to me.

    Seems fine to me. If you're not crouching or prone then it will be hard
    to hit something. This is deliberate. I think there's a bit of a bug
    with head shots that people are complaining about all over the net, so
    hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

    > if the demo map is in any way representative of the full game, I'd say
    > that the maps are too small.

    So play on larger maps.

    > why is crouching not a toggle? Why do I spring up like some JOOTB as soon
    > as I release the button? Drives me mad.

    So lie prone. The crouching behaviour is the same as in BFV and 1942,
    so it doesn't annoy me at all. Makes it easier to run away quickly. If
    it were a toggle some people would complain that they got shot running
    away from trouble because they forgot to stand properly first!

    > The price will still be the same, I fear.

    £28 from Amazon.co.uk - can't complain with that.
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:04:41 -0700, Bob Robertson <brobertson@aol.com>
    wrote:

    >Co op IS in the game - simply start a single player game and have others
    >join.

    It is in the demo, but in interviews Dice have said co-op isn't in the
    game, so whether the full game works in the same way as the demo is
    questionable.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 06:12:51 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

    >On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:04:41 -0700, Bob Robertson <brobertson@aol.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Co op IS in the game - simply start a single player game and have others
    >>join.
    >
    >It is in the demo, but in interviews Dice have said co-op isn't in the
    >game, so whether the full game works in the same way as the demo is
    >questionable.
    Why would they put it in the demo if it's not in the game?
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:00:04 +0200, "Benjamin Gawert" <bgawert@gmx.de>
    wrote:

    >Same here on my machines (one P4 3.06GHz/2GB DDR/6800GT AGP 256MB and on
    >2xXEON 3GHz/4GB DDR2/2x250GB RAID0/6600GT 128MB PCIe). Exiting the menu
    >makes the game hanging for several seconds. Loading times are also
    >ultra-long, and the AI is almost as stupid as before...

    Explain......... ( AI in "Expert" mode, of course )

    John Lewis
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    wrote:

    >Alfred Pum wrote:
    >> "Alfred Pum" <mooskugerl@DELETEgmx.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >>>"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>>
    >>>except.... for
    >>>

    >> Totally forgot, no coop!
    >>

    >Co op IS in the game - simply start a single player game and have others
    >join.

    Bob,

    Exactly how do you do that in the Demo? Step by step, please. The UI
    is not too clear on that point...........and I have not read the docs
    in detail.

    John Lewis
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    John Lewis wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:04:41 -0700, Bob Robertson <brobertson@aol.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Alfred Pum wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Alfred Pum" <mooskugerl@DELETEgmx.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >>>Totally forgot, no coop!
    >>>

    >>Co op IS in the game - simply start a single player game and have others
    >>join.
    >

    > Bob,
    >
    > Exactly how do you do that in the Demo? Step by step, please. The UI
    > is not too clear on that point...........and I have not read the docs
    > in detail.
    >
    > John Lewis

    It appears to be an undocumented feature (I found it by mistake when my
    sis connected early when I was still playing single player) Anyway, to
    start up co-op:
    -Ensure you open up port 16567 on any router/firewall (true for all servers)
    -Start a single player game (this creates a local server)
    -Have the other player connect after the game starts
    -That's it!

    When they connect, they'll simply take the spot of a bot - I've played
    CO-OP 5-10 times so far with 1 and 2 people at a time and it works quite
    well.

    Bob
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On 17 Jun 2005 02:42:05 -0700, mrfredbloggs@altavista.co.uk wrote:

    >I have an XP2700 (2.1ghz), 1.5 gig of ram, radeon 9800 pro, xp, seems
    >ok to me. I've not finished playing with various settings in game and
    >in my video card's control panel (especially directx settings) but it's
    >currently running fine on a mixture of medium and high settings.
    >
    >I think there are a lot of problems with graphics cards - a lot of
    >people aren't reading the list of supported cards and complaining when
    >theirs doesn't work. Also, you really need 1.5+gigs of ram - 1 gig will
    >run it but slowly (like running bfv with .5 gigs).

    Nope..... Runs just fine on 1Gbyte.

    Remember to turn off all irrelevant background apps, as usual for any
    high-performance game. Including virus-killers.

    John Lewis
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 06:42:48 -0700, Bob Robertson <brobertson@aol.com>
    wrote:

    >John Lewis wrote:
    >> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:04:41 -0700, Bob Robertson <brobertson@aol.com>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Co op IS in the game - simply start a single player game and have others
    >>>join.
    >>

    >> Bob,
    >>
    >> Exactly how do you do that in the Demo? Step by step, please. The UI
    >> is not too clear on that point...........and I have not read the docs
    >> in detail.
    >>
    >> John Lewis
    >>
    >It appears to be an undocumented feature (I found it by mistake when my
    >sis connected early when I was still playing single player) Anyway, to
    >start up co-op:
    >-Ensure you open up port 16567 on any router/firewall (true for all servers)
    >-Start a single player game (this creates a local server)
    >-Have the other player connect after the game starts
    >-That's it!
    >
    >When they connect, they'll simply take the spot of a bot - I've played
    >CO-OP 5-10 times so far with 1 and 2 people at a time and it works quite
    >well.
    >
    >Bob

    Thanks, Bob.

    If Dice have left it out of the full game, I can visualize a huge
    amount of user-pressure for them to put it back in with a patch. The
    bots work quite well on a small map and it would be great fun when 2
    or 3 friends want to get together and play.

    I wonder why they left it out? Not fully tested ? Or far more likely
    - no way of validating that all players in local co-op have legitimate
    copies. If the latter, I can see Dice providing a patch ( if somebody
    has not implemented a hack first..... ) after initial sales have died
    down.

    John Lewis
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    John Lewis wrote:

    >> Same here on my machines (one P4 3.06GHz/2GB DDR/6800GT AGP 256MB
    >> and on 2xXEON 3GHz/4GB DDR2/2x250GB RAID0/6600GT 128MB PCIe).
    >> Exiting the menu makes the game hanging for several seconds. Loading
    >> times are also ultra-long, and the AI is almost as stupid as
    >> before...
    >
    > Explain......... ( AI in "Expert" mode, of course )

    Well, the bots act almost as stupid as in the old BF1942 (often running
    around like chicken, running directly in enemy fire etc)...

    Benjamin
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    redTed wrote:
    >>>Same here. 3.02 seconds (digital watch :) and instant. SP game.
    >>>A64 3000+ (754), 1 GB 333 DDR, 9800pro 128MB <- today
    >>>A64 3800+ (939), 2 GB 400 DDR, X850 XT 256MB <- tomorrow :)
    >>
    >>How about:-
    >>
    >>A64 4800+ X2, 2GB 400 DDR, SLI, Dual 7800GT <-- September :)
    >>
    >>or significantly less expensive
    >>
    >>A64 4400+ X2 ( overclocked from 2.2 to 2.4), 2GB 400 DDR, SLI, Single
    >>7800GT and the other one later, if desired... <-- September :) :)
    >>

    > Finally getting your pay off from Crytek then ?

    Well he's not getting it from VALVE, that much we can be sure of...

PC gaming Video Games Product