Question about V600 battery replacement

Last response: in Brands
Share
July 2, 2004 2:02:15 PM

I'm currently using a Nokia 6310i which uses an 1100mAh
Lithium-Polymer battery. I'm considering a V600 but one of the things
I like most about the Nokia is battery life. I see that the V600
comes with a 700mAh Lithium-Ion battery and have seen lots of
complaints about battery life. Just wondering if there is a higher
mAh lithium-polymer replacement available for the V600.

Thanks,
Kirk
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 12:16:21 AM

Hi, no there isn't as far as I know. However my standard battery is
currently lasting 10 days. Is that considered to be bad?
Chris C
<me@here.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently using a Nokia 6310i which uses an 1100mAh
> Lithium-Polymer battery. I'm considering a V600 but one of the things
> I like most about the Nokia is battery life. I see that the V600
> comes with a 700mAh Lithium-Ion battery and have seen lots of
> complaints about battery life. Just wondering if there is a higher
> mAh lithium-polymer replacement available for the V600.
>
> Thanks,
> Kirk
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 1:40:57 AM

> Hi, no there isn't as far as I know. However my standard battery is
> currently lasting 10 days. Is that considered to be bad?
> Chris C

No, I'd say that was a miracle! ;)

I talk loads on mine and 2-3 days is what I usually get...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 1:01:47 AM

Khris wrote:
> Some people just enjoy screaming and ranting.
>
> I find it very hard to believe that a phone will go dead after only 2
> days and without using it.....that's BS

Maybe he is running his pc off it.

Bigjobs
July 5, 2004 3:09:32 AM

"³noognoops lenoloC" <dan@SPAMTRAP.sea-red.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi, no there isn't as far as I know. However my standard battery is
> > currently lasting 10 days. Is that considered to be bad?
> > Chris C
>
> No, I'd say that was a miracle! ;)
>
> I talk loads on mine and 2-3 days is what I usually get...

Same here, including games etc, i get about the same 3-4 days, but i just
pop it on the charger everynight regardless, good habit to get into, you
dont get shafted with a dead batt when u actually need your cell!
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 4:55:12 AM

Exactly....he's probably not using it to make phone calls, yet he's
playing java games and browsing the web on it......but can't figure
out for the life of him why he's only getting 2 days out of a charge.

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:01:47 GMT, "Bigjobs"
<BigjobsDELETE@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Khris wrote:
>> Some people just enjoy screaming and ranting.
>>
>> I find it very hard to believe that a phone will go dead after only 2
>> days and without using it.....that's BS
>>

>Maybe he is running his pc off it.
>

>Bigjobs

July 5, 2004 3:02:45 PM

Hi, perhaps he's not aware of 'conditioning' a battery as they have a
memory, and charging it too soon......
Chris C
"Khris" <spam@myst.ca> wrote in message
> Exactly....he's probably not using it to make phone calls, yet he's
> playing java games and browsing the web on it......but can't figure
> out for the life of him why he's only getting 2 days out of a charge.
>

> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:01:47 GMT, "Bigjobs"
> <BigjobsDELETE@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Khris wrote:
>>> Some people just enjoy screaming and ranting.
>>>
>>> I find it very hard to believe that a phone will go dead after only 2
>>> days and without using it.....that's BS
>>>

>>Maybe he is running his pc off it.
>>

>>Bigjobs

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 5:31:03 PM

"Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message

> "³noognoops lenoloC" <dan@SPAMTRAP.sea-red.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hi, no there isn't as far as I know. However my standard battery is
> > > currently lasting 10 days. Is that considered to be bad?
> > > Chris C
> >
> > No, I'd say that was a miracle! ;)
> >
> > I talk loads on mine and 2-3 days is what I usually get...
>
> Same here, including games etc, i get about the same 3-4 days, but i just
> pop it on the charger everynight regardless, good habit to get into, you
> dont get shafted with a dead batt when u actually need your cell!

That's fine, but I wouldn't advise doing that all the time as your battery
could suffer from the memory effect, and you'll have the same problem as the
OP.

Just so you know.....

--
Antz,
Part of the UKtm family.

---
This message is certified Virus Free.
July 5, 2004 5:31:04 PM

Nah, it was more then properly conditioned at first, plus there is the odd
time I forget to charge it at night so it gets down to 3 on the meter lol.
Besides, these batts are nice and cheap on ebay :)  Hell, even at the
dealers!
">-@LuVbuG@-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "³noognoops lenoloC" <dan@SPAMTRAP.sea-red.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >
> > > No, I'd say that was a miracle! ;)
> > >
> > > I talk loads on mine and 2-3 days is what I usually get...
> >
> > Same here, including games etc, i get about the same 3-4 days, but i
just
> > pop it on the charger everynight regardless, good habit to get into, you
> > dont get shafted with a dead batt when u actually need your cell!
> >

> That's fine, but I wouldn't advise doing that all the time as your battery
> could suffer from the memory effect, and you'll have the same problem as
the
> OP.
>
> Just so you know.....
>
> --
> Antz,
> Part of the UKtm family.
>

> ---
> This message is certified Virus Free.

July 14, 2004 6:27:11 AM

OK, How do I 'condition' the battery?
thanks,

"Chris" <anon@school.com> wrote in message
> Hi, perhaps he's not aware of 'conditioning' a battery as they have a
> memory, and charging it too soon......
> Chris C
> "Khris" <spam@myst.ca> wrote in message
> > Exactly....he's probably not using it to make phone calls, yet he's
> > playing java games and browsing the web on it......but can't figure
> > out for the life of him why he's only getting 2 days out of a charge.
> >

> > On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:01:47 GMT, "Bigjobs"
> > <BigjobsDELETE@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> >>Maybe he is running his pc off it.
> >>

> >>Bigjobs

Anonymous
July 14, 2004 7:10:24 AM

In article <3S0Jc.70918$MB3.67120@attbi_s04>,
"B Long" <rogueman26@NO*SPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

> OK, How do I 'condition' the battery?
> thanks,

Lithium batteries, such as the OEM battery for the v600 Stateside do not
require "conditioning" and Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Methydride do.
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 5:22:41 PM

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
> In article <3S0Jc.70918$MB3.67120@attbi_s04>,
> "B Long" <rogueman26@NO*SPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
>
> > OK, How do I 'condition' the battery?
> > thanks,
>
> Lithium batteries, such as the OEM battery for the v600 Stateside do not
> require "conditioning" and Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Methydride do.

Every so often, it's still advisable to run the battery down completely
(until phone switches itself off) and fully charge again.

--
Antz,
Part of the UKtm family

In article <2lkmtpFdi9i0U1@uni-berlin.de>,
">-©LuVbuG©-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
> > In article <3S0Jc.70918$MB3.67120@attbi_s04>,
> > "B Long" <rogueman26@NO*SPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > > OK, How do I 'condition' the battery?
> > > thanks,
> >
> > Lithium batteries, such as the OEM battery for the v600 Stateside do not
> > require "conditioning" and Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Methydride do.
>
> Every so often, it's still advisable to run the battery down completely
> (until phone switches itself off) and fully charge again.

Nope, not for Lithium, thats for Nicads.
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 4:57:13 PM

> In article <2lkmtpFdi9i0U1@uni-berlin.de>,
> ">-©LuVbuG©-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message

> > > Lithium batteries, such as the OEM battery for the v600 Stateside do
not
> > > require "conditioning" and Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Methydride do.
> >
> > Every so often, it's still advisable to run the battery down completely
> > (until phone switches itself off) and fully charge again.
>
> Nope, not for Lithium, thats for Nicads.

OK whatever you say.

I do know quite a bit about this, working in a service centre and doing a
degree in electronics, but I'm not going to argue with you as it's your
funeral.

You have been warned...........

--
Antz,
Part of the UKtm family

With the Ni-Cads it was recommended to fully charge then let totally die all
the time, with Lithium you just do it a couple times to condition then you
can charge it whenever you want to.

!