Question about V600 battery replacement

I'm currently using a Nokia 6310i which uses an 1100mAh
Lithium-Polymer battery. I'm considering a V600 but one of the things
I like most about the Nokia is battery life. I see that the V600
comes with a 700mAh Lithium-Ion battery and have seen lots of
complaints about battery life. Just wondering if there is a higher
mAh lithium-polymer replacement available for the V600.

Thanks,
Kirk
14 answers Last reply
More about question v600 battery replacement

    Hi, no there isn't as far as I know. However my standard battery is
    currently lasting 10 days. Is that considered to be bad?
    Chris C
    <me@here.com> wrote in message
    > I'm currently using a Nokia 6310i which uses an 1100mAh
    > Lithium-Polymer battery. I'm considering a V600 but one of the things
    > I like most about the Nokia is battery life. I see that the V600
    > comes with a 700mAh Lithium-Ion battery and have seen lots of
    > complaints about battery life. Just wondering if there is a higher
    > mAh lithium-polymer replacement available for the V600.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kirk

    > Hi, no there isn't as far as I know. However my standard battery is
    > currently lasting 10 days. Is that considered to be bad?
    > Chris C

    No, I'd say that was a miracle! ;)

    I talk loads on mine and 2-3 days is what I usually get...

    Khris wrote:
    > Some people just enjoy screaming and ranting.
    >
    > I find it very hard to believe that a phone will go dead after only 2
    > days and without using it.....that's BS

    Maybe he is running his pc off it.

    Bigjobs

    "³noognoops lenoloC" <dan@SPAMTRAP.sea-red.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi, no there isn't as far as I know. However my standard battery is
    > > currently lasting 10 days. Is that considered to be bad?
    > > Chris C
    >
    > No, I'd say that was a miracle! ;)
    >
    > I talk loads on mine and 2-3 days is what I usually get...

    Same here, including games etc, i get about the same 3-4 days, but i just
    pop it on the charger everynight regardless, good habit to get into, you
    dont get shafted with a dead batt when u actually need your cell!

    Exactly....he's probably not using it to make phone calls, yet he's
    playing java games and browsing the web on it......but can't figure
    out for the life of him why he's only getting 2 days out of a charge.

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:01:47 GMT, "Bigjobs"
    <BigjobsDELETE@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Khris wrote:
    >> Some people just enjoy screaming and ranting.
    >>
    >> I find it very hard to believe that a phone will go dead after only 2
    >> days and without using it.....that's BS
    >>

    >Maybe he is running his pc off it.
    >

    >Bigjobs

    Hi, perhaps he's not aware of 'conditioning' a battery as they have a
    memory, and charging it too soon......
    Chris C

    "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message

    > "³noognoops lenoloC" <dan@SPAMTRAP.sea-red.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hi, no there isn't as far as I know. However my standard battery is
    > > > currently lasting 10 days. Is that considered to be bad?
    > > > Chris C
    > >
    > > No, I'd say that was a miracle! ;)
    > >
    > > I talk loads on mine and 2-3 days is what I usually get...
    >
    > Same here, including games etc, i get about the same 3-4 days, but i just
    > pop it on the charger everynight regardless, good habit to get into, you
    > dont get shafted with a dead batt when u actually need your cell!

    That's fine, but I wouldn't advise doing that all the time as your battery
    could suffer from the memory effect, and you'll have the same problem as the
    OP.

    Just so you know.....

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family.

    ---
    This message is certified Virus Free.

    Nah, it was more then properly conditioned at first, plus there is the odd
    time I forget to charge it at night so it gets down to 3 on the meter lol.
    Besides, these batts are nice and cheap on ebay :) Hell, even at the
    dealers!
    ">-@LuVbuG@-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "³noognoops lenoloC" <dan@SPAMTRAP.sea-red.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > No, I'd say that was a miracle! ;)
    > > >
    > > > I talk loads on mine and 2-3 days is what I usually get...
    > >
    > > Same here, including games etc, i get about the same 3-4 days, but i
    just
    > > pop it on the charger everynight regardless, good habit to get into, you
    > > dont get shafted with a dead batt when u actually need your cell!
    > >

    > That's fine, but I wouldn't advise doing that all the time as your battery
    > could suffer from the memory effect, and you'll have the same problem as
    the
    > OP.
    >
    > Just so you know.....
    >
    > --
    > Antz,
    > Part of the UKtm family.
    >

    > ---
    > This message is certified Virus Free.

    OK, How do I 'condition' the battery?
    thanks,

    "Chris" <anon@school.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, perhaps he's not aware of 'conditioning' a battery as they have a
    > memory, and charging it too soon......
    > Chris C
    > "Khris" <spam@myst.ca> wrote in message
    > > Exactly....he's probably not using it to make phone calls, yet he's
    > > playing java games and browsing the web on it......but can't figure
    > > out for the life of him why he's only getting 2 days out of a charge.
    > >

    > > On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:01:47 GMT, "Bigjobs"
    > > <BigjobsDELETE@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > >>Maybe he is running his pc off it.
    > >>

    > >>Bigjobs

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    In article <3S0Jc.70918$MB3.67120@attbi_s04>,
    "B Long" <rogueman26@NO*SPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

    > OK, How do I 'condition' the battery?
    > thanks,

    Lithium batteries, such as the OEM battery for the v600 Stateside do not
    require "conditioning" and Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Methydride do.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
    > In article <3S0Jc.70918$MB3.67120@attbi_s04>,
    > "B Long" <rogueman26@NO*SPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
    >
    > > OK, How do I 'condition' the battery?
    > > thanks,
    >
    > Lithium batteries, such as the OEM battery for the v600 Stateside do not
    > require "conditioning" and Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Methydride do.

    Every so often, it's still advisable to run the battery down completely
    (until phone switches itself off) and fully charge again.

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family

    In article <2lkmtpFdi9i0U1@uni-berlin.de>,
    ">-©LuVbuG©-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
    > > In article <3S0Jc.70918$MB3.67120@attbi_s04>,
    > > "B Long" <rogueman26@NO*SPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > > OK, How do I 'condition' the battery?
    > > > thanks,
    > >
    > > Lithium batteries, such as the OEM battery for the v600 Stateside do not
    > > require "conditioning" and Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Methydride do.
    >
    > Every so often, it's still advisable to run the battery down completely
    > (until phone switches itself off) and fully charge again.

    Nope, not for Lithium, thats for Nicads.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    > In article <2lkmtpFdi9i0U1@uni-berlin.de>,
    > ">-©LuVbuG©-<" <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message

    > > > Lithium batteries, such as the OEM battery for the v600 Stateside do
    not
    > > > require "conditioning" and Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Methydride do.
    > >
    > > Every so often, it's still advisable to run the battery down completely
    > > (until phone switches itself off) and fully charge again.
    >
    > Nope, not for Lithium, thats for Nicads.

    OK whatever you say.

    I do know quite a bit about this, working in a service centre and doing a
    degree in electronics, but I'm not going to argue with you as it's your
    funeral.

    You have been warned...........

    --
    Antz,
    Part of the UKtm family

    With the Ni-Cads it was recommended to fully charge then let totally die all
    the time, with Lithium you just do it a couple times to condition then you
    can charge it whenever you want to.
    > > > Every so often, it's still advisable to run the battery down
    completely
    > > > (until phone switches itself off) and fully charge again.
    > >
    > > Nope, not for Lithium, thats for Nicads.
    >
    > OK whatever you say.
    >
    > I do know quite a bit about this, working in a service centre and doing a
    > degree in electronics, but I'm not going to argue with you as it's your
    > funeral.
    >
    > You have been warned...........
    >
    > --
    > Antz,