When unsleeping my computer I get 1 beep then it crashes and I have...

Will172

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
... to restart it.

However sometimes it doesn't beep at all. I had a similar problem with this before, and I was told to download a program (can't remember the name) and it would produce a report. Then someone had a look at the report and told me to uninstall a program, and it worked.

I had to format my PC recently and now the problem has occured again but I don't have the program installed this time.

Anyone able to help me out with this?

Cheers

dannoddd

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Are you running an SSD?

Open your start menu and type in "event viewer"
Applications and services
Microsoft
Windows
Diagnostics-Performance
Operational

Once there start sorting through the log for the red errors and when you click on the record it should tell you what process caused the error to happen.

Then Google that process and figure out what program runs it.

Will172

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah using a SSD. Did the event viewer thing, tons of warnings, and a few errors, I googled the event ID for a couple and it didn't help really. Most of them from what I can tell are related to my printer?

Not totally sure, but I unplugged my printer today, put my pc to sleep, just got in and it has been restarting over and over all day... not great. I watched it for a bit, sometimes it would start up and after maybe 3 seconds turn off. Then it would turn on again beep 3 times and then turn off again...

Could it be a hardware problem?

And do you want me to post a few of the errors or?

dannoddd

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Are you getting a blue screen at all?
What SSD are you using?
Try to un-install your printer drivers, do this through Device Manager

Right click my computer
Manage
Device Manager
Find the printer
Right click
Uninstall Device
Check Delete Driver
Restart

Will172

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
No blue screens.
Using a OCZ - Vertex 2 90GB.
Uninstalled my printer.

I have put it in to sleep a few times for short periods and it unsleeps okay, but its when I leave it for a few hours while at uni that it does this so I will have to do that later and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the help so far, really appreciate it.

dannoddd

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
If your problem persists, one other thing to try is to make sure that Hybrid Sleep is disabled.

Start
Type "Sleep"
Change Advanced Power Settings
Expand the "Sleep" tree
Expand "Allow Hybrid Sleep" Tree
Make it say "No"

Reboot

Will172

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah still got the same problem.

Hybrid Sleep has been off for a while.

Could it be that the CMOS battery has run out? No idea if that even makes sense?