Closed

Best FPS for LAN

Last response: in Video Games
October 22, 2004 4:54:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

I would like to buy a first person shooter game and play against my kids on
a LAN, dont care about the internet for now.

Can anyone recommend a good one that is fairly light on the gore (for the
kids) and that is pretty easy to set up for network play. All the PC's are
PII or better with 512RAM and pretty decent cards, but I dont have to have
the latest.

Also, will I have to buy 3 copies of the game for this to work?

Thanks.

More about : fps lan

Anonymous
October 23, 2004 10:56:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

Try counter Strike or Unreal tournament 2004
"Steve Johnson" <stevedjohnson@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>I would like to buy a first person shooter game and play against my kids on
>a LAN, dont care about the internet for now.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good one that is fairly light on the gore (for the
> kids) and that is pretty easy to set up for network play. All the PC's
> are PII or better with 512RAM and pretty decent cards, but I dont have to
> have the latest.
>
> Also, will I have to buy 3 copies of the game for this to work?
>
> Thanks.

October 24, 2004 3:32:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

"Steve Johnson" <stevedjohnson@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I would like to buy a first person shooter game and play against my kids
on
> a LAN, dont care about the internet for now.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good one that is fairly light on the gore (for the
> kids) and that is pretty easy to set up for network play. All the PC's
are
> PII or better with 512RAM and pretty decent cards, but I dont have to have
> the latest.
>
> Also, will I have to buy 3 copies of the game for this to work?
>
> Thanks.

Wolfenstein: enemy territory
The best thing is that this game is free.

http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041/modules.php?nam...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 13, 2009 12:48:38 AM

well if your still looking for a good game for you and the kids thats free.
I would suggest aa3 (america army 3 there is 2 and 1 also. um if you have an older computer i would say go with 1.)
You would have to have internet access to download it at least once.

Its one of the most realistic military games out there designed by the army.
You can set the gore level to what ever you want.

Um if your not looking for violence or looking for a game that can be played lag free on a older computer I would suggest css 1.6 which has little gore and is an fps. It you would also have to download from steam or get it illegally thru like bit torrent.
its easy to set up a lan for it.

the following may be online or lan not quite sure but they are free from what i heard and dont require much of a computer to run.

mabe try cube http://www.cubeengine.com/ for a bit slower computer.

or even http://www.eventide.net/

I would say for what computers you have or atleast the specs you listed going for counter strike 1.6 for the best gameplay.

If you have a dual core and 2gb ram+ then go for aa3 for sure. (its free and a great game. just a few glitches its still in the beta phase but its great over all and already for lan parties.)

Anonymous
March 5, 2011 7:18:50 AM

try call of duty 1 or the expansion pack united offensive or for the more active :bounce:  battfield 2 nice to help :D  .
March 7, 2011 5:36:38 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!